main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars Season 2 Episode 10 question

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dmasterman, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dmasterman

Dmasterman Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 8, 2008
    I've recently been catching up on the Clone wars, and I noticed something upon watching this episode...

Sue and Cut's children are human-twi'lek hybrid, bringing me to believe they were Cut's kids. However according to wookieepedia they are not his children and he adopted them as his step children after her human father left.

However, where does it ever state that in the Episode?

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    They cannot be Cut's kids simply because they are too old- even if they would grow twice as fast as clones do- Shaeeah is something like 5 or 6 and Jek is like 3-4 (don't know about twi'lek children but since they are halfhuman they cannot be much younger)- Cut have been there about a year or not even that- so they cannot be his kids since episode takes place 22BBY-21BBY. Apparently their father is also a human since it's confirmed they are hybrids but it's also confirmed in the episode guide that they are adopted so they aren't Cut's... can clones even have children?:confused:

3. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia has all the known credible answers for this question. It was the source that revealed Cut as the stepfather.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    still these facts bring up a new question... Does Suu have some sort of perversion -since she likes humanmales instead of twi'leks?:eek:

5. Dmasterman

Dec 8, 2008
    I'm just curious why this was never mentioned in itself in the episode.

I understand the reason is because the kids were 5, thus that would make Cut a lot older due to the age acceleration, but even still they did not mention it at all. Cut never says "I adopted these kids" or anything. If one were to watch the episode, a person would be under the impression they were his kids. oh well.

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, it was in the episode guide and the character encyclopedia.

I would have to disagree with your conclusion though. When I watched it, I assumed they were adopted, and I was rather surprised that anyone thought otherwise. Besides the age issue, twileks are a different species, and by the definition of species, they cannot interbreed. Why they made the kids into hybrid I don't know....

I also know I am not the only one who felt this way. I can't give statistics of course, but there were quite a few people on both sides.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I have a better question from this episode (and i answer it myself too:p ) How did Cut know that Rex is captain before he asked his name or rank?

Cut asks "what is you number captain....?"

- Did clone captains have that sort of short haircut once- since Rex don't have tattoos and he don't have armor or any rank insignia- and Cut apparently don't know about him before he finds him from the barn- so it seems that only way to explain that problem is to state that clone captains traditionally have shorter hair- before other clones started to do individual hairdos:D

well adoptive fathers don't usually advertise that their kids aren't their biological children- and i don't think that matters to Cut- he apparently loves those children likes his own...

8. Dmasterman

Dec 8, 2008
    If they were pure Twi'lek kids, that may have made more sense, but they were a mixed breed, which would leave the average viewer to thinking they were his.

9. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I don't think humans can crossbreed with actual aliens (near-humans don't count).

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    And what exactly are "actual aliens" Twi'leks have human face, human body, humanlimbs (except some like Orn Free Taa who has 4 fingers:eek: ) and human voice so i definitely classify them near-humans- even without canonical evidence... and considering that even sullustans are classified "near-humans" (well they speak humankind language but their appearance is not strikingly similar) i definitely think twi'leks should've always been nearhuman-race and therefore they can crossbreed with humans- even though i agree that it makes no sense that Jek and Shaeeah are hybrids when they cannot be Cut's anyway. But I agree that "human-rodian" or "human-gungan" crossbreed sounds ridiculous[face_laugh] .

But since G-canonical evidence overwrites C-canon- Twi'leks are now classified "crossbreedable" with humans- (which i think is enough evidence to finally classify them nearhumans) learn to live with it- it's now fully canonical fact!

As i said -do it matter for average viewer?- those are Cut's children and Cut is their father- biology shouldn't really matter- their relationship is more important in the story....

One more interesting question about these hybrid children (i answer myself too as usual:D )

How heredity of Twi'lek skincolor goes- since Suu is pink but Shaeeah has blue spots and Jek is orange????:eek: .....

Well since Twi'leks can interbreed with humans their genome cannot be very different- chromosomes that are reason for skincolor appear in pairs- one from each parent- in Shaeeah's case her blue skincolor must be from her mother since her father is confirmed to be human (not pantoran and wroonian- which are apparently very close to human- but they are usually classified to be "near-human" instead) while Shaeeah's pale skincolor must be from her human father even though she has pinkish tone in it-

since Suu is not blue it seems apparent that blue skincolor is recessive -while pink color is dominant. In Jek's case it seems that he has his father's skincolor -slightly pinkish due his mother.... interesting - according to my theory- it seems that two blue Twi'leks cannot have pink children then [face_thinking]

LOL that went too scientific [face_laugh]

11. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Ok let me explain what "Alien" means, and why Twi'leks are not near-human. They are HUMANOID...which means something different.

Near-human does NOT mean aliens that have a similar appearance to man. Near-human has to do with humans who over time have

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Blah blah blah[face_tired] - star Wars is non-scientific fiction and this debate is completely pointless - but if you ask me- twi'leks are highly evolved near-humans with mysterious history- and canonical sources support their relationship- including the "fact" that they can interbreed-

Lion is different species than tiger and they can interbreed- even though "tiger has FREAKING STRIPE THINGS in it's fur[face_tired] actually it's rumoured that soviets managed to crossbreed human and chimpanzee:oops: ... and there is legend of "starchild" that is supposedly child of human and extraterrestrial ]-} .... t

14. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Here is proof: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shaeeah_Lawquane checkout the "physical description" it says Twi'lek/human hybrid and that's apparently canonical info- unlike your opinion of Twi'leks being non-nearhuman humanoids- i agree with you -that humans crossbreeding so called "aliens" is ridiculous -but that logic works only if Twi'leks are nearhuman... and they look like nearhuman like Zabraks do- so similar appearance to men cannot be coincidence like in case of Duros- who are closely related to neimoidians but probably not men.... actually biologically all life on earth is related... and Twi'leks are much closer to humans than slugs or sprucetrees... actually genetic mutations in human code are sometimes produced "freakish" anatomical features such as horns (really), extra limbs... why not braintails or blue skin? But it's true that so far no canonical evidence of nearhumanity is made- wookieepedia has mention of fanspeculation of nearhumanity of Zabraks and Twi'leks because it's so popular theory....

16. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Ok i agree that there not related to man (aka not near-human). But still im not really buying the idea that those kids are hybrids.

No where in the EU or the films does it state that they can crossbreed. Also it is never directly stated in that episode.

We know that the clone is not there biological father...because of the age of the kids. So that is ruled out.

It is also never stated who there biological father was. I always assumed it was another twilek...perhaps he died/left/maybe had a one time thing with the mother, and she raised them by herself until the clone who had a fascination with female aliens came along.

Now if the mother had mentioned a previous relationship with a human male....or even said that the kids had some human in them. Then i would believe. Because it has become a stated fact in canon.
    -------------------------------
    EDIT: Ya i just read the "talk" section of that article. And i see where the info about them being hybrids is said.

But i really don't like this change in Canon. By having them being able to crossbreed it DESTROYS the emphasize of them being DIFFERENT SPECIES.

I mean if Man can crossbreed with twileks now...why not another humanoid aliens? It also detracts from the Twileks there status of being "Aliens"...i think. What next....a Vong? After all they look similar to man. This is why i dislike this idea of crossbreeding...because it leaves open the doors for man to crossbreed with other aliens. I didn't want Star Wars in this aspect to be like Star Trek (like every humanoid alien can crossbreed with man...kinda destroys the alien factor to them).

I know that similar species can have crossbreeds. Like horses and donkeys. However those species our from the SAME planet....unlike man and twilek in Star Wars.

Do see where im coming from? Do any of you agree with what im saying?

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010

18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    You know, I read this whole thread somehow, and all I'm left with is the image of Orn Free Ta engaging in intercourse with a human.

19. legosithmaster525

legosithmaster525 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    From Wookiepedia: "He also had an unclear relationship with Jabba the Hutt." :eek:

20. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    well... them being crossbreedable with men suggests that they are either related or then it's huge coincidence that their genetic codes match.... i don't think it's important- but i still say they are closer to men than rodians for example[face_thinking]

22. apotampkin

apotampkin Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 15, 2010
    You wanted proof, you got proof :p

I don't see why the notion that Twi'leks are ultimately of 'human stock' is so startling. Their similarities with humankind are way too big for them to not be related. After all, they are bipedal, with the same number of fingers (and presumably toes lol), same height, same proportions, same everything, like their freaking facial traits. The only difference is a couple of long head tails, which although impressive could easily be explained away, given enough time for separate evolution and an original mutation, natural or artificial...

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Completely agreed on this matter Apotampkin :)

Considering the fact that subspecies of Twi'leks have as much differences between each other than between humans (Orn Free Taa is Twi'lek with 4 lekkus and 4 fingers:eek:) and all those different skincolors- plus ears of femaletwi'leks- which look to me- possible evolutional starting point for montrals... some sources claim that female twi'leks actually wear some sort of headgear over their ears- but i have never seen female Twi'lek's actual "ears" in canonical source -so i think those little "bumps" in their heads are actually just their ears (while Oola for example has earmuffs)- which are different from male Twi'leks "humanlike" ears-

ummm... anyway considering the fact how much human sexes differ anatomically- i wouldn't say "humans could never have evolved lekkus" it's all about genes and hormones and humankind can be nearly anything.....

And yes Twi'leks have similar toes- as we can see in Return of the Jedi- since Oola's toes are briefly seen.... well we can actually see much more as well...:D damn i am always the one who tells this dirty jokes (slapping my own face)[face_beatup] .... but it's true that her costume reveals her breasts (When she falls down to the rancor pit- her breast completely pops out from her costume)- so Twi'leks are DEFINITELY mammals... good to know when classifying "sw-aliens":p

original TPM had Orn Free Taa with beautiful human women as assistants [face_thinking] - but they were later changed to twi'leks..... Orn Free also seems to be some sort of subspecies since he has only 4 fingers and 4 lekkus.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.