main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars: Season 2 - Premieres Friday, October 2nd at 8 pm PT/ET

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    While I do wish the Season 1 DVDs would be out before season 2 starting... I'm still just excited about a new season. I loved the first season (have a few of my favorite episodes downloaded on iTunes - I should go back and watch them sometime soon) and I'm confident that the second season will be just as good :)

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled at this scrambling of the release dates between the Season 1 DVD and Season 2. I guess the companies that produce the DVD and broadcast the episodes don't really want to help each other. For Cartoon Network it would make perfect business sense to have the box set released prior to the season premiere in order to attract attention to the show, and to make it easier for new people to join in. However it would seem the DVD company doesn't want to release the box so early, for whatever market reason... And I guess they take advantage of the season premiere to raise attention to the previous season box set.

So it's really a waiting game. Whoever releases after the other has the advantage...

3. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Well, I under the impression that they are still releasing the volumes (the 4 episode DVDs), aren't they?:confused: If they are, they probably want to make their money off those first instead of pre-empting them by releasing the box set now. Just my thought on it.

And yeah, that pretty much sums up what I know so far of season 2...bring it on![face_dancing]

4. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    This is that rare case where even I would admit that this show is being treated like children's fare.

Fans of other Warner Brother animated series, such as Teen Titans or Justice League, will recognize the pattern of releasing the whole season as smaller sets before committing to a boxed set. It's just Warner DVD's annoying business model for kids shows, which they attribute to impulse buys from children with easily manipulated parents.

Also, its not that strange for a DVD company and a network to not play on the same level.

5. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    Eh, the late release really doesn't bother me that much. I recently watched the first two seasons of Mad Men on DVD to catch up for the third season premiere. With a show like that it would have been ridiculous to release the sets after the premiere - I would have been totally lost without watching the earlier episodes. It's different with Clone Wars though, as anyone can jump into the second season of it without missing too much (I assume, at least). I love the show, but really, maybe Cad Bane will be confusing without his intro in the first season, but other than that there is nothing too complex to confuse new viewers.

Obviously it would have been nice for the fans to have re watched season one first, I know I would have preferred that, but in the greater scheme of things it isn't that big of a deal.

6. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    What's wrong with having a bit of focus on the bounty hunters?

IMHO, if the show was nothing but the Republic vs. the Separatists, it'd get really boring very quickly.

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    There's nothing wrong with having the bounty hunters, but the whole point of the Clone Wars should still be Republic vs Seperatists. That is what the war is about, after all.

8. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    "The Clone Wars" is just a backdrop to tell new stories. There's no reason why the show should be overwhelmingly about battles between the Republic and the Separatists. Think about the Classic Trilogy, it's called Star Wars and it can be said to be about the struggle of the Rebellion against the Empire. However I would say that not even half of the running time of the films is dedicated to the actual Galactic Civil War. You have people chasing droids about, kids training in swamps, bar brawls and half of the last film is dedicated to the rescue of a smuggler from the clutches of a crime boss in a desert planet. So there's no reason why a very substantial part of "The Clone Wars" couldn't deal with issues pretty much completely unrelated to the actual Clone Wars.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Right, but all the non-Galactic Civil War stuff from the CT is directly related to major events in the war - all the stuff on Tatooine in ANH is essentially the story of how the Rebellion got one of its biggest heroes; the Dagobah segment is how the hero gets trained so he can help defeat the Empire; the Tatooine beginning of RotJ is how the Rebellion gets back a leader who proceeds to play a major role in the Battle of Endor - they're not just random stories about the same characters.

That said, the Bounty Hunter stuff could be used the same way, but what little we've had so far seems to be more incidental.

10. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Of course, it can't be just random stories, but it doesn't necessarily has to be all clone wars battles. Bounty hunters can be used in a multitude of ways that can be more or less closely related to the ongoing battles. I just don't agree with this attitude that if the show focuses on bounty hunters then it ceases to be The Clone Wars.

11. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    This.

I just find it somewhat morbidly amusing that some people want new villains/opponents in this series and when they finally do get them (in this case, bounty hunters), they crow about how it's 'not the Clone Wars' anymore or something like that.

I'm not saying people have to embrace the bounty hunters, but come on... wouldn't you be sick of just the Jedi and Separatists fighting episode after episode too? A little variety once in a while doesn't hurt.

I mean, there's going to be the Mandalorians too and they're probably going to be separate from the Separatists vs. Republic conflict (so is the impression I'm getting), and I see no one whining about that like they are with the bounty hunters. =/

12. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    For the record, I'm not complaining about the Bounty Hunters being featured. ;) But on that note, new villains and such can still be Separatists, and we've had several good ones like that already.

I'm mostly interested, though, in the covering of Jedi who have had very little 'screen-time' (and by that I mean in books/comics/movies/TV/whatever) to date. I'm very relieved that its not Anakin and Obi-Wan in every episode, though I definitely enjoy the episodes they're in.

13. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Hey, we got 22 episodes coming up...plenty there to tell about the bounty hunters and the war itself, the Mandalorians and the whole droid foundry thing...I'm sure almost everyone will find something to like in this season, I know I've been stoked for this since season one ended.

14. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    (imitating Commander Gree) I wouldn't.
    Sorry, just had to say that. [face_laugh]
    Actually, I don't think I'd be sick so long as the stories are good, but if it went on for that long I would start wishing for more villains.

So yeah! Go go villain/morally ambiguous factions! May the pool of antagonists ever deepen! :D

Who knows. We go with morally ambiguous, they might just start throwing in Jedi-gone-rogue to provide more lightsabers in a fight. XD

15. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I hate the new timeslot. But I guess to get more of an audience it needs to change.....

R.I.P. 9:00 timeslot :(

16. padme46

padme46 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2009
    Ok so this will be my first post so if I make a mistake sorry.

I can't wait untill season 2 starts. I hope it is not just bounty hunters. I wish that the box set of season 1 would be comeing out before the start of season 2.

17. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Welcome to the boards, padme46! I'm sure the season won't be all bounty hunters. They will be a prominent threat, but there will be other foes like the normal CIS, Sith and Mandalorians...

18. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    Welcome to the boards, padme46! :)

I'm really, really excited for the new Season. It definitely sounds interesting so far. Maybe some of the episodes will tie into unexplained stuff/single episodes from S1. I also kind of hope they won't jam-pack the episodes with new villains and let the main characters get some breathing room. Also, hopefully, there won't be too much emphasis on bounty hunters despite the previews. A hunter can only do so much.

19. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Welcome, padme46!

I agree with everything you said. Although I'm not TOO worried about the bounty hunters. I think this is just a marketing gimmick for the new season. The marketers know that fans like bounty hunters, so they are marketing the new season in such a way as to highlight the bounty hunters. I think there will be more than enough Separatists/Dooku/Grievous/Ventress action.

20. padme46

padme46 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2009
    Thanks for all the welcomes. I agree I'm sure we will see more then enough serptius. I wonder what duchess Satine will be like.

21. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    I don't know...maybe we should ask Obi-Wan:p

22. padme46

padme46 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2009
    We'll have to wait untill Season 2 starts. Less then a month yet it seems like it will be a long time untill October 2.

23. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I actually like the new time slot. But are they still going to re-air the episodes the following Saturday morning I wonder?...[face_thinking]

24. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I'm excited for more Star Wars, but I was let down quite a bit for Season #1.

25. KingIsaacStarstriker

KingIsaacStarstriker Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2009
    Is there any information on whether this season will be released on Itunes or not? The feed still isn't up and I hope they do, because that's the only way I can see The Clone Wars as I have no access to Cable/Satellite. As much as I'd like to say StarWars.com, they release a bit skiddish and sometimes episodes aren't available. Personally, I like using my IPOD classic to watch them.

--Isaac

P.S. First time posting :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.