main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Season 3 DVD Set Official Release

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, May 21, 2011.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Anyone can use this to discuss anything related to the official DVD release of season three. This thread should also be used for any and all information on the release as it is made available.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Not worth 60 bucks. :p

3. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I think I will unfortunately pass on this season, unless I find a very good deal on the Blu-Rays. I only enjoyed about half the episodes- mainly the Mortis and the Nightsister arcs.

Just for the record, I bought Season 1 on Blu-Ray for slightly less than retail ($56), got Season 2 for only $35 and the pilot movie for $14.

On a side note, I really hope they will release a Volume 2 of "The Art of TCW" book, featuring all the artwork from Season 2,3,4.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Yes. Dear God yes.

I think I'll be picking up the DVD (don't have a Blu Ray player) when it's reduced in the January Sales. By then the ol' laptop will be running out of space from getting Season 4 as it comes out and still holding all the Season 3 files. Might keep them on the external hard drive seeing as the OAR downloadables are slightly better HD quality.

All I care about though is the special featurettes. Ideally, one for each episode like S1 but also with extra documentaries, maybe some commentary and extended Director's cut editions for some episodes.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, I just bought the DVD's (of the movie plus both available seasons), not the Blu-Ray, so I paid saner prices. If it was 60 bucks for the set of DVD's I highly doubt I'd be able to bring myself to purchase it while still at that price.

6. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I just have this thing, see, about once I start collecting a series, I need to collect the whole thing or it drives me nuts. Besides, to me, it's worth collecting.

So, once more I shall order the Blu-Ray for release day delivery once it's available. My only hope is they'll follow through with putting the uncensored version of ARC Troopers on there instead of what wound up on CN.

7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Not worth the money, no matter how many bonus features there are. [face_not_talking]

I might get it on sale when my iPod gets too full, but for now the 40 bucks I paid to get the season off iTunes was a ripoff as it is. Waaaaay too many :oops: - worthy episodes to spend an additional sixty bucks on.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Ha! You buy the episodes.

9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Fanboy, read this: http://boards.theforce.net/live_action_clone_wars_classics/b10467/29239197/p1/?8 ;)

10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Not worth that much money. I can go out and buy Season 2 for thirty bucks at Walmart, there's no way in hell I'm spending Eighty dollars for a mediocre season.

11. IktotchiMan1979

IktotchiMan1979 Jedi Padawan

May 16, 2011
    Hey guys,

May I ask you guys when it will releasing in UK(I'm from England) please for Season 3 and how much for normal DVD, thank you also will be on 3D or normal? cos I have a 1 eye so I need to know that's all, thank you

Cheerio,
    Martyn

12. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Blu-ray will get down to about $45 and change, probably even less when it's released. First day buy like the other 2 seasons for me. Can't wait.

13. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Um... as opposed to what?

14. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    ...getting them from Santa! O:):D[face_whistling]

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    TCW in 3D? [face_sick]

All the details you're asking about can either be found at the top of this page or hasn't been confirmed yet. It's still half a year before we see them come out so obviously not many details will have been officially confirmed. But usually, once the DVD comes out in America it will be out here in England as well.

16. IktotchiMan1979

IktotchiMan1979 Jedi Padawan

May 16, 2011
    IM not sure on TCW will be 3D, hee hee. but anyway I want normal dvd without 3d or maybe 2D.

Cheerio,
    Martyn

17. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    As far as I know, there are no plans for TCW to ever be released in 3D.

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I got these on itunes already, I'm not spending more money on a dvd/blue ray format. I watch these while on the road along with Ben 10 Ulitmate alen, G.I.Joe Renegdes, Transformers Prime and Avnegers Earth Mightiest Heroes. I'll do the same with the movies when they come out. I itune my stuff.

On a side note, though, despite the fact that some of you don't like these clone wars, they are better in my opioion than all that printed garbage that has been coming out.

19. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Now if it was just the second half of the season then maybe it would be worth $60.00 but not the entire season.

20. Darth_Martus

Darth_Martus Jedi Knight star 1

May 11, 2011
    That makes absolutely no sense at all. Like none.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Ummm... they are not that bad i would pay more from not seeing them....

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Part of me wants them to 'mess up' and put 22 copies of The Academy onto the DVD/Blu Ray instead of the whole season.

[face_mischief]

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    haha i have one dvd-set that was messed up[face_laugh] - not SW though- it had 8 discs supposedly all 8 episodes of TV-series Hornblower- but really it had 9 episodes- one episode was twice with different finnish subtitles- it was episode 5 it was on it's own disc (disc5) and on disc one after episode 1- completely- since there obviously was space for two full episodes on one disc i wonder why there was so many discs in the first place?[face_thinking]

:p

But having The Clone Wars season3-DVD set with only 22 Academys [face_laugh] damn someone could call that bad luck.....

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Indeed.

I will wait to learn more about the extras. Anyway, this is the first time I won't pre-order it. Not because of the season itself, but because I will stop buying DVD's and move on to Blu-Ray. But since I don't have a BD player yet, I will wait until I buy one.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I never pre-order them; twice because I lost interest over the summer in between seasons, and this year because Season 3 is not worth me spending my own money on.