main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Season 3 DVD Set Official Release

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, May 21, 2011.

1. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I agree that 60 bucks is too much to pay for the entire third season on DVD or Blu-Ray. Actually, as far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't spend 60 bucks on any DVD or Blu-Ray regardless of the overall quality and-or how good the bonus features are. Of course I'm highly sure that the Amazon price listing will of course change. After all on the U.S Amazon site the current price for the TCW Season 1 DVD is $29.49 while the current price for the Blu-Ray version is $37.99. Thus the price for the Season 3 DVD and Blu-Ray will obviously go down.

Still in the end, spending 60 bucks on a DVD or Blu-Ray of this Season isn't worth it nor is it worth spending 60 bucks on any DVD or Blu-Ray at least in my opinion.

:eek:[face_laugh]:p

2. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Well, luckily for most people businesses are not required to charge $60. That's why the S in MSRP stands for 'suggested'. Paid Amazon $42 for Season 2 on Blu-Ray. Paid Best Buy $36 I think it was for Season 1...actually I really only paid $10 after I cashed in my RewardZone Points.

I mean if I had no choice I might pay $60, but luckily we never have to find out.

3. HylianBowcaster

HylianBowcaster Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 6, 2011
    Wow there's a real lack of enthusiasm in this thread about the release. This series isn't for everyone I suppose, but I did get a couple friends into over the break though. Anyway, this is a day one purchase for me, the Blu-ray copy. Seeing the improved visuals in HD makes a real difference for me, especially Season Three some of the later episodes must look pretty good (Wookiee Hunt, Mortis, etc).

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah but looks aren't everything.

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Yeah, Mandalore looked pretty and the animation was top-notch, but that doesn't negate the awful plot, dialogue and acting. That goes for most of Season 3 IMO.

6. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Well we have little information about it, it's still at least 4 months away from seeing it and no point to get excited for something I can't have in my hands soon.

Not to mention Season 3 seems to be the least liked Season(due to the weak first half).

7. HylianBowcaster

HylianBowcaster Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 6, 2011
    Yeah, I'll admit that first half of the season was pretty weak, definitely the weakest of the series, but I though the second half made up for it pretty well.

8. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I'm still holding out for the Nightsisters/Savage Oppress trilogy to be released on a DVD, kind of like how it was showed at those special screenings across the country back in December.

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    An easy pass for me. I'd rather buy a licenced version of the Holiday Special than TCW Season 3........

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
  11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    No- they won't sell it separately or no one would buy Corruption etc.:p

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Not entirely true, Tarkas would buy it.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah ....no one except Tarkas- corrected:)

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not buying Season 3 without Corruption. Make fun of me all you want. :p

15. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    To be honest, I found that even the second half was below par. The plots were more interesting and there was more going on, but the bad dialogue, directing, etc. remained.

16. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    TCW's writing needs to improve. It's no secret.

17. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Have you ever watched the movies? I mean the dialogue is bad in the moveis as well, even in the original trilogy.

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    ^This.

19. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    I'll get the Season 3 DVD for the Nightsisters trilogy, Evil Plans and the Kamino duology, but I'll probably wait a few months for the cost to go down. I thought that the Mortis, Citadel and Trando arcs were fairly good, but they just don't strike me as having huge rewatch value (a personal view not an objective assessment), so I'm loath to shell out top price for the set.

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah unfortunately TCW's not one of those things that improves with age.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yep that is simply truth

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I feel TCW's writing has steadily improved bit-by-bit over the course of its existence. But they'll always have the problem of certain subjects not everyone would like them to broach being perceived as poor writing whether it is or not. It's in the nature of human expectation.

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
  24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It concerns me that you are more and more turning to be like GG:p...

25. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Looks like the set is being released in October: http://www.theblurayblog.com/2011/05/star-wars-the-clone-wars-the-complete-season-three-blu-ray-set-in-october/

I kind of wish LFl would announce the special features, they will be the deciding factor on whether I will buy this or not.