main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Season 3 DVD Set Official Release

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, May 21, 2011.

1. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    "All 22 action pack episodes are included in this boxset" :oops: :rolleyes: :mad:

Still going to buy the boxset though.

2. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Can't wait.

Blu-ray exclusives are nothing new, film studios as a whole are trying to make blu-ray the "main one"(it pretty much is now) and DVD's are dying off.

30 deleted scenes/extended scenes sounds good to me. I can't wait to see the Ventress/Colt kiss scene in full.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I honestly didn't think anything would stop me from wanting to buy these on DVD, but 30 deleted/extended scenes on the blu-ray version only will probably do the trick...

4. SidoDyas

SidoDyas Jedi Master star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    Anyone else notice that one of the deleted scenes is "Meeting Chairman Cho on Pantora"? I wonder how that was gonna work.

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Where did you got that info?

6. SidoDyas

SidoDyas Jedi Master star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    It's shown on the trailer for the box set. The one I am talking about is around 1:32 into the video.

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Anyone else notice this press release does not list the production journal/art booklet included with the other blu ray sets? Both of the other season press releases did list them and this one does not. Also, both of the other season box set trailers show it being in the book binding while this trailer makes the blu ray look like a regular case.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Good eye. So, the 30 deleted/extended scenes are unfinished ones... A bit dissapointing...

9. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Well, no different than the Season 2 Blu-Ray really. I was just grateful to see they at least had an alternate (and much better) ending for "Lethal Trackdown" on the Season 2 set, even if it was a pre-rendered rough cut...just too bad they didn't use that one. I'll be interested to see what scenes are going to be on the new set.

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    If they finished the deleted scenes, I would absolutely buy this. Here's the ones I saw listed:

Extended Jedi Temple/Youngling Rescue (Perhaps Yoda actually said something to the wookiees)
    Son confers with Ancient Sith Lords (obviously Bane and Revan's cut scenes)
    Jar Jar finding Balance
    Alternate Space Battle and Duel against Ventress
    Droidbait gets his name
    And then the Chairman Cho one.

11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    If they're finished, great, if not, meh.[face_plain]

12. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Son Confers With Ancient Sith Lords... man I hope this doesn't become canon. [face_worried]

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Son: But Darth Revan, you're not a true Sith Lord! You went to the Light Side after defeating Darth Malak!
    Revan: Where did you get your information, bud? I kicked Malak's butt and then ruled the galaxy with an iron fist!
    Son: That does it! Father! Where are you?!? That MMORPG you bought me was a LIE! I'll never trust you again!

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    No, they're deleted scenes, don't worry about it.

15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I've missed that. Blu-Ray as far as I'm aware has failed to make a dent in the sales of DVDs, with only true gadget buffs and PS3 owners purchasing Blu-Ray discs. In my local HMV (the massive media chain in the UK) there is only one row of shelves for Blu-Ray discs while the majority of the store is occupied with DVDs, suggesting DVDs still are the strongest selling home media format.

If that is Blu-Ray exclusive someone's head will roll.:mad:

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    This.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Lost scene of the Mortis arc? Even that could have saved it:p

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Didn't see anyone weigh in on this... IMHO, the book included was one of the best things about the the S1 and S2 blu ray sets. It would be a shame if they didn't include it this time, and it looks like they won't be.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Isn't that because this time around it's all going on the Blu Ray extras disc instead?

20. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Might be a little different in the UK. Here in NY at least, DVDs are very small in number compared to blu-rays when it comes to the major electronic stores like Best Buy.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Indeed. Why stop?

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    AlexRD, I'm guessing the books cost money and they opted to add something else- deleted scenes -to try a different value-add. I'll still be really dissapointed, the books were really nice.

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Watto in the house!

24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Greetings outlander! Yes, ol' Watto has been stirred from his years of hibernation in the desert - Kartunko's death maybe?

Anyhow, I'm wondering if a lot have folks haven't checked out these books included with the blu-rays... perhaps either because of pirating, or lack of blu-ray adoption?

25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I have both season 1 and season 2 on blu-ray. I've looked at the artbooks a few times and kids tend to enjoy them. Special features don't interest me much, I'd much prefer to see TCW available for streaming on Netflix, Boxee, or Hulu+. I view all optical media; blu-ray, DVD, CD, you name it with the exception of console games as obsolete. Really I bought them on sale to take advantage of a new HDTV and PS3. I can't wait until my HTPC is completed.