Clone Wars The Clone Wars: Season 3 DVD Set Official Release

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, May 21, 2011.

1. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
  2. DarthMarino Force Ghost

star 2
    And fix the aspect ratio issues with "Destroy Malevolence", "The Gungan General" and "Cloak of Darkness" while they're at it.
  3. adamclark83 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I've noticed the change in "Cloak of Darkness" but where is it in the other two you mentioned?
  4. DarthMarino Force Ghost

star 2
    Destroy Malevolence: 1:29:32
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/mmarino/Clone-Wars-Framing.gif]

The Gungan General: 1:38:04 (watch the sparks carefully, they are in front of the black bars)
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/mmarino/Gungan-General-Issue.jpg]
  5. EstarGuars Jedi Master

star 2
    How´s the revan scene? Can someone post the dialogue in it? I´m very anxious about that scene :)
  6. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    I totally forgot about this. I'm also really interested to hear what they did with it. I'm also very interested to take the news to Lit and watch the ensuing fire fight.

EDIT: And DarthMarino, how on earth did you catch that little detail with the sparks?!?
  7. DarthMarino Force Ghost

star 2
    My eyes didn't deceive me. I trusted them! I just happened to catch it one night. I thought I saw it and had to rewind. The sparks fall from the top of the screen and off the bottom so it crosses "in front" of both bars. It's obvious that whatever program they are using is in the 16:9 format and the bars are added to achieve the Cinemascope effect. Unfortunately this wasn't implemented correctly in a few shots.
  8. melkor834 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Dialogue of the deleted scene in which the Son confers with the shades of Revan and Bane.

Son: I have done as you asked.
    Sith: Why do you weep like a child?
    Son: You told me that I would be free. You told me that all would be right.
    Sith: And it is.
    Son: Then why do I feel such pain?
    Sith: Because you have not embraced your resentment.
    Son: Who are you? You must answer me this time.
    Sith: We are those who have come before, those who were betrayed, those who hate. We are the wielders of the dark side.
    Son: What do you want from me?
    Sith: We stand before you, disciples of the dark side, intent on its supremacy. It has been foreseen that one lives who will control the universe.
    Son: Where?
    Sith: It is unknown. But know this, the chosen one is the key. He who controls Skywalker will control everything. We tell you this to guarantee your success.
    Son: And if I fail?
  9. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Sweet! Thanks, Melkor!

Not really a whole lot contradicting continuity there...[face_thinking]
  10. Drewton Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh]
  11. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Sounds like something taken from a fanfic
  12. adamclark83 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I've been reading the Blu-ray review of the Season 3 set at the Blu-ray review site (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-The-Complete-Season-Three-Blu-ray/23331/#Review) and they are very glad that the show finally has a lossless soundtrack. I wonder if that gives Lucasfilm hints about the first two seasons.
  13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    I have no idea what that means. Why is that so important?
  14. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    Better sound?
  15. Artoo-Dion Force Ghost

star 4
    Audio files can be compressed so that they can be stored using less data.

"Lossy" compression (e.g. MP3) throws away parts of the soundwave so that you (probably) won't notice the difference, though lower bitrates degrade the quality. This is why a 128 kbps mp3 sounds worse than a 320 kbps mp3.

"Lossless" compression (e.g. FLAC), OTOH, perfectly recreates the original soundwave with no loss in fidelity. Just like a zip file, you get back exactly what you put in.

DVDs typically use lossy audio formats due to space considerations; Blu-rays have the luxury of choosing from several lossless audio formats. TCW S3 is the first season to feature such a high fidelity soundtrack on the Blu-rays.

If you want a visual analogy for what happens to heavily compressed audio in a lossy format, think of the artefacts on heavily compressed JPGs, such as this image.
  16. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    TCW movie Blu-ray also has lossless sound, IIRC.
  17. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6

Ugh. So glad they deleted this. The Son is supposedly the "embodiment" of the Dark Side (or something), but he's crying and hasn't fully embraced it. "We are the wielders of the dark side"? :rolleyes:

So again, you've got Bane and Revan appearing as Sith Ghosts, how is this any different from Kenobi disappearing and telling Vader he'll become "more powerful than you can possibly imagine"? The more they wade into this territory, the more it demystifies what happened to Kenobi and Yoda in the OT.

I will wage this war against the dying of the light forever.
  18. DarthPhilosopher Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    While I agree that the Sith should not have appeared as ?Sith Ghosts? (although one could reason they aren?t really Bane and Raven, but merely a vision which represents the Sith) I thought the dialogue made sense.

Essentially the Son is the ?natural Dark Side?, meaning an aspect of the overall ?Force?. The Sith (representing the flaws of humanity) have corrupted the ?natural Dark Side?. The Son hasn?t embraced the evil (meaning Darkness with no Light) completely. He misses his sister ? he knows that she is there to counteract him and is essential. There is compassion within him ? the ?seed of the Yang within the Yin?.
  19. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm happy the scene was cut, but it did allude to the one aspect of Mortis I really liked: The dark side causing the Son pain. Although I dislike Mortis, the most poignant scene in the series IMO is the Son lamenting the death of Daughter, much like Anakin grieving the loss of Padme. One of the predominant threads in Star Wars is the fact that the dark side gives you power but takes everything else. But in the end, Qui-Gon should be the only character of the time period to live beyond death and the scene is right where it belongs: Available to view but not part of canon. :)

20. SpecialOpsUnit Force Ghost

star 4
    General Di's and Captain Keeli's last stand is so awesome in blu-ray format.

Supply Lines could of been one of the show's best episodes if it focused completely on the fall of Ryloth and the sacrifice of Di and his men at the end. Not to mention with no Republic aid coming in(like in the end of this episode) could further explain Cham's distrust with the Republic in Liberty of Ryloth.
  21. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    Glad to hear that. :)
  22. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    This. The politics on Toydaria, which made up about 3/4 of the episode, was just Bail and Jar Jar repeating the same thing over and over again. If there was more focus on Di and Keeli the episode would have been much more interesting and their death would have been even more poignant.
  23. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah yeah, great. Whatever.

But let's get to what we REALLY want to know: What about Jar Jar spinning plates on tables? :p
  24. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    There is a deleted unfinished scene for that episode with Jar Jar explaining balance. xD
  25. Fistofan55 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I saw it today at Target. I picked it up and placed in the cart. Then I thought about it for 5 minutes.

Then I put it back.

I'm not buying a season with only a few decent episodes on it. It's either they come out with a filtered DVD or I'm waiting for a lower price. 20$ isn't worth it.
    Just my input on the thread's product.