main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 4 Anticipation Poll (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Aug 28, 2011.

?

The Clone Wars Season 4 Anticipation Poll (Spoilers)

Poll closed Aug 28, 2011.
  1. Mon Calamari Battle

9.4%
  2. C-3PO & R2-D2's Zany Adventure

3.1%
  3. Grievous vs. Gungans

1.6%
  4. Grievous vs. Asajj & Nightsisters

10.9%
  5. Twin-double-bladed-lightsaber-wielding Besalisk Jedi

3.1%
  6. Lux, Ahsoka, & Death Watch

9.4%
  7. Clones & the Umbara Battle

18.8%
  8. Slaves of the Republic & Togrutas (comic adaptation)

20.3%
  9. Return of Cad Bane

4.7%
  10. Savage Opress & the "Return" of Darth Maul

18.8%
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm looking forward to Grievous vs Ventress mainly because it breaks the norm. I'm not expecting Grievous to win at all. But I do suspect its a small part of the bigger picture. I also don't see much use for Ventress in the future. A rogue pawn snowed into believing she can succeed in getting revenge against Dooku over and over sounds boring to me. Both her and Savage are pawns. Heh, I'd kinda like to see Savage vs Grievous even though that would probably go rather on sided in Savage's faver. Savage is probably about as tall.

As for Cad Bane... Nothing to offer? Bane is in my opinion the best villian the show has and they only one that is any kind of threat to the Jedi. He's got way more to offer than Ventress not to mention a bit of randomness to him. Bane can fit into a variety of plots without being shoehorned. God that word is over used on this forum.

2. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    1.Yes, Redemptions have been played to death in this franchise. Ventress having a redemption cheapens Anakin's redemption, what made his special was that fact that people don't come back from the darkside. IMO, redeeming Ventress would be cliche and very unoriginal, unless they have something totally out there and interesting for her character then I stand by my statements that she should have been killed in season three.

2. If the villain isn't seen as a threat, no one is going to care. Just look at Grievous, granted this is what GL intended for the character...but the audience doesn't seem to take him seriously. Savage killing Ventress would have helped establish his character as a threat and give him some nice hype for season four.

3. Why should he die now? He isn't a main cast member or is overused. He is a minor recurring villain that works well in dosage like Hondo and is versatile, eventually they will have to kill him....but right now it would be utterly pointless.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    That's exactly the problem -they should make others more capable and kill him off now he is Villain Stu that's nearly disgusting really..... he is kind of guy who is ruined with backstory and as fan of tragic fates i don't like that sort of villains.....

Very subjective I just said that I really don't think so....

they should have more bounty hunters- Bane all the time makes galaxy small as it is(and that complaint is also overused here...:p) ....so every time they have Bane from now on- it feels shoehorned to me.... doesn't galaxy have others capable BH:S than Sugi's gang and Bane's gang? Bane served his purpose- he was good character in Hostage Crisis but i must say that I cannot see anything he could offer anymore- some new gadget? Nothing more just usual bad*ssery that is in his case already boring and starts to irritate me really..... Nah he just is not my favorite- What can i do- i tend to like different characters than people usually do.....

Sith won't- and Obi-Wan doesn't need to know[face_whistling] besides she doesn't have to turn to light side she could take Talzin's place as dathomiri leader and remain as bit dark still or something....

So is "death in duel" ... in fact SW is filled with clichés.....

I'm just tired of him:p He is one i think they could kill off because there is no reason to let him live IMO.... and they don't have to kill him off at all- he is not the jedi or anything that would be relevant in ROTS....

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I definitely don't see a Ventress "redemption" where she totally abandons the Dark Side coming along. If that actually happens, feel free to rub this statement in my face. :p

5. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Cad Bane should be killed off this season, just to prevent him from getting stale. Though I totally expected Vos to dice him into pieces last year.

That's why we need more original characters whose fates we don't know already. I was literally in front of the TV cheering on Vos to kill that bastard when he recovered and knocked Bane out of the air.

6. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    Agree. As a nightsister she is beyond resque now. She started to LOVE be worse than those who was bad on her.

And as I have none of such black helmet on my head as Tarkas wears on, I shall not allow anyone rub anything into me.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Maybe not a redemption in the classical sense where she goes from Sith to Jedi, or at least saves the Jedi.

But then she's not a true Sith, either. Not in the same way as Palps/Maul/Tyranus. Or Savage, for that matter.

I can see her simply leaving the conflict altogether, kinda like the end of Obsession, or perhaps having some kind of role with the Nightsisters - perhaps taking over for Talzin?

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah Ventress is a Dark Jedi, not a Sith.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I think people are understanding Yoda's comment bit wrong "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny" That doesn't mean redemption would be impossible- it doesn't mean once you go evil you remain ad bad guy forever- no- it means once you get involved withing dark side- you cannot get rid of it- it will "dominate your destiny" in one way or another- that is because both sith need to be killed- Starkiller (he shouldn't have never been cloned but anyway) he is example of someone who is redeemed but his destiny is still dominated by his dark past and Vader-

Once you go down the dark path you get involved and you cannot get rid of the the dark side anymore- even if you leave it it will haunt you until you die probably in form of other dark siders- your own guilt and memories and those who wants to revenge you what you have done- that's why it's not wise to get involved- longer you stay on dark side -harder redemption is- and as long as sith exists you are never free from the dark.....

10. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Your right it doesn't mean it is impossible.....but it isn't likely. Ventress getting redeemed is a cop out IMO, killing her would do the character more just.

11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Don't want to wade into "General SW discussion" territory, but I always keep in mind Yoda is instructing Luke who is basically a newbie.

He needs to ensure Luke stays away from the Dark Side so he's trying to scare him as much as possible.

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Where's the option for

MONKEY LIZARD VS. MOMONG

?

[face_skull]

Saw that in one of the trailers... [face_laugh]

That stuff with Death Watch looks interesting...

Where can I find a preview with the so-called Umbara Battle?

13. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Nothing but the trailers so far. TCW crew has said the Umbara Battle is apart of the Clone arc with Rex, Fives, Jesse, Kix etc.

I also hope you're ready to get back to making avatars, you've had your couple of months off. :p

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Of course she's not a Sith, but I still can't see her ever giving up on the Dark Side. I count Savage as in the same category as her by the way, definitely much more so than the actual Sith Lords. Since one of the "Secrets Revealed" from the Force-witch arc was that Darth Tyranus wants to have an apprentice he can defeat Darth Sidious with, I assume the training of Asajj and Savage were very similar. I've never read Obsession but it seems a lot of LACWACers enjoyed the heck out of it! I've always freely admitted that I am able to enjoy a lot of stuff in TCW because I never delved into Clone Wars EU.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

Where they said that?- and how there is only clips of those guys on Umbara..... are you sure they confirmed that.... sounds impossible to me -or then there is two extremely dark worlds with identical environment or secret clonearc that is not shown.....
    I haven't seen them saying anything like that- or maybe "clone arc" is not about those guys but about Wolfpack that looks possible but looks clear that dark world where 501st are- is Umbara....

I don't remember how this begun... but my original points were that Ventress shouldn't die and that redemption is never cliché- at least not any more than fall to dark side/evil or heroic sacrifice -we can classify all these elements "clichés" but saying something is bad because it's cliché is also a cliché:p

.... but i don't really think Ventress is redeemed it seems unlikely now... but we will see how it goes.... I haven't read much EU i guess there is where this attitude towards redemption comes from- i guess too many eu-characters are redeemed but in G/T-canon only Anakin..... if well done it could be wonderful story.... but TCW too often is poorly written....

Besides we are talking about the guy who says "there is no try" (Generally bizarre view) and "There is no less than two sith" that- if taken literally prevents destruction of sith- because then there is none- and I really think 0<2:p

Yoda's many lines are cryptic wisdoms - not to be taken literally- they tell more about attitude than truth...

16. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    About Filoni's words that something really disconnected will become really connected. Any ideas?
    My first thought was that Hutts are actually overgrown brain worms from Geonosis who missed a host body and developed brains of their own. Remained parasites, anyway.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    What are you talking about Swash? We've known since SDCC that Umbara is the clone centric arc where Rex is going to get some character development. I do imagine there will be more supporting roles for the clones. How can we have a Slave arc and not have the clones come up in that subject? But Umbara is where General Krell will challenge the clones and make them question the war. Where the clones will fight humanoid flesh and blood foes instead of battledroids. Its in my notes from all the way back in the damn live blog thing on theforce.net. Fives, Jesse, and Kix are in the arc. We can see them all visually in the trailer's clips of Umbara.

"Do or do not, there is not try." -- If you 'try' for something and fail, you didn't do it.

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Not according to guy i quoted....

Yeah i did understood the idea but attitude is not too positive if you try it is different thing than not trying at all- so you really shouldn't think it that way Yoda meant positive view of course- you go thinking that you will do it instead of thinking "I try it" but we also say "I cannot do it so i won't even try because there is no try...." Okay it's hard to explain but that doesn't really work- if you try to do something it shouldn't be counted as apathetic deed it is not same as doing nothing- failure is not same as giving up- Yoda have "tried" himself many times he tried to destroy Emperor and failed -but at least he tried- I think good try deserves a credit...

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Why did you only quote the first part of that Swash? SOU is not wrong. He said Umbara is part of the overall clone arc which characters like Rex, Fives, Jesse, and Kix are part of. One of the major subplots in TCW is clone individuality which is something Umbara is going to build on with General Krell getting clones (plural) to question the war. Its not going to solely focus on Rex and Dave just recently reiterated this in the IGN interview.

2ndly, that quote from Yoda is one of the most famous from SW and its an incredible message. Its not always okay to fail particularly when your one of the last hopes of the galaxy. If you try hard to write a paper in college and still get an 'F' you still failed no matter how hard you tried. You don't get credit for trying. Yes generally your parents will say -- "That's okay honey, you did your best." -- or -- "You'll get it next time." -- And in many ways that's one of the reasons kids these days are so screwed up alot of the time. They are taught its always okay to fail.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    :oops: Bloody misunderstanding - but see he said "apart" not "a part" maybe it's slang or something or just typo....since it didn't confuse you, but it did that to me-

If i didn't get something wrong in my english lessons apart means "not part of something" as non native speaker that's very confusing to see someone using that word now ehen talking about something being part of something else- Okay... quick question... if he would've said "it is not part of the arc" should he have said apart from?

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    He could of interchanged 'part' or 'a part', apart is isolated. One of the things I think you'll do well to pick up on is the sad fact of the matter is many native English speakers aren't good at grammar and typos happen. Not saying anything about SOU's grammar and I know my own is terrible. =P

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Okay that's settled, but when word becomes it's very opposite it really is confusing:p

Not really agreeing with this - Yoda's message had certain wisdom yes- but it is only one point of view and works only in certain situations- Luke was going with "this will never work" -attitude that's not good- better to go with "I can do it"-attitude-

and whatever you complain about kids of these days- is off-topic and I hardly think that's a problem- I see nothing wrong in giving a credit for trying- encouraging someone can sometimes require little white lies as well- of course it is not always okay to fail- but try your best and seriously- then if you fail- you need not to go into exile to Dagobah:p -

I think Yoda is like that because he is bitter about his own failings in the past- way he let jedi to be destroyed he thinks he is worthless because he only tried and failed.... trying itself cannot be condemned it is the attitude what you have when trying -Yoda said simply "Believe in yourself!" but in a bit more cryptic way....

23. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    [image=http://i55.tinypic.com/nzer77.jpg]
    Several "most-anticipated" things not listed in the poll...

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070411174320/starwars/images/thumb/f/f1/Wookvs.lando.jpg/277px-Wookvs.lando.jpg]

"It's not my fault!"

Poll only fits 10 options, sadly. Although I should add that I also left out an option Garth wanted -- "More Mortis-like episodes". :p

25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Great, just by mentioning that, Swash will start going on a tangent about the whole Mortis arc.