main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 4 Anticipation Poll (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Aug 28, 2011.

?

The Clone Wars Season 4 Anticipation Poll (Spoilers)

Poll closed Aug 28, 2011.
  1. Mon Calamari Battle

9.4%
  2. C-3PO & R2-D2's Zany Adventure

3.1%
  3. Grievous vs. Gungans

1.6%
  4. Grievous vs. Asajj & Nightsisters

10.9%
  5. Twin-double-bladed-lightsaber-wielding Besalisk Jedi

3.1%
  6. Lux, Ahsoka, & Death Watch

9.4%
  7. Clones & the Umbara Battle

18.8%
  8. Slaves of the Republic & Togrutas (comic adaptation)

20.3%
  9. Return of Cad Bane

4.7%
  10. Savage Opress & the "Return" of Darth Maul

18.8%
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, we need something to talk about...

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    It is now officially less than two weeks till the debut of S4. [face_dancing] Hopefully Fistofan's forebodings turn out to be incorrect and the first episode won't be a Padme/Jar Jar-fest.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I've got hope. Even Jar-Jar vs. C.I.S. army might turn out ok if 'Supply Lines' has anything to say about it.

4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    That was Jar Jar being a distraction. This is Jar Jar being a hero.

The former is done well, but I have doubts about the latter. His antics in TPM's battle scene were quite tiresome, and he wasn't facing a character who should be a feared villain by the beginning of ROTS.

The episode description says something along the lines of: "Will Jar Jar be able to defeat Grievous?"

I'm hoping the answer is no.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    "Can Jar Jar Binks defeat a seperatist invasion lead by the evil General Grievous" -- Is what the article says giving Jar Jar a heroic spin. However I thought it is clear from the trailer that its Tarpals and an army taking on Grievous.

What I'm really hoping for is that just like 'Supply Lines' we cut away from that to something else going on that's more interesting. Lets face it, I didn't care what Jar Jar and Bail were doing in that episode.

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Honestly, Jar Jar really ruined Supply Lines for me. The battle was good, the political intrigue and internal debate amongst the Toydarians was pretty well done, but they just couldn't resist adding in the Jar Jar antics at every opportunity, and the whole plate-balancing-act thing just sent it way over-the-top out of believability land. You can't give a character whose whole schtick is being fairly stupid and extremely clumsy superhuman dexterity.

7. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I liked the dialogue between Organa, Lott Dod and Katuunko and all the talk about the politics behind the actual war (as opposed to the politics of the United States in 2010 transplanted into the GFFA). Jar Jar was just the simple-minded activist kid who expresses crude emotions and repeats simplistic platitudes. He's a supporting character rather than a hero.

The episode guide for Shadow Warrior implies that Jar Jar is the star.

8. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    I do not like Fisto is permanently smiling. This sound optimism is not sound at all. Some particularily fun times he lives in? Did he irradiate smile in Palpatine's office?

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm sure Jar Jar is the star but TCW often likes to use a large number of characters and a subplot which as I'm trying to say could help the epiosde along. In my mind its those things that saved 'Supply Lines'.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'd laugh if Jar Jar suddenly displays competence.

Maybe he has a crayon stuck up his nose that causes his dysfunction and once removed would allow him to perform tasks with satisfactory skill.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe they'll kill him off and replace him with a smarter double who takes his name and just acts like a moron sometimes to fool everybody. All the Gungans look similar enough right?

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Extended warranty? How can I lose?

13. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I have a few theories, one involving constant Botox injections and another involving a deal with a denture company. :p

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I have one but I probably shouldn't post it here. Let's just say it involves something Han smuggles.:p

15. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    No need to mince words, it's legal in the SW galaxy. :p

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Apparently the number on crop of Felucia. xD

17. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Guys, I think the incompetent person that wrote the episode summaries was just putting a comedic spin on the, well, summary. Cause you know, it's Gungans fighting Grievous! And Jar Jar practically represents(or shall I say misrepresents) the Gungans. And who ever wrote it probably thought it was funny that the Gungans, race of Jar Jar Binks, was fighting Grievous.

Look, I've mentally prepared myself for creators to do something dumb this season, but this wouldn't be the first time fans starting fretting about something we thought might come true and didn't. Not saying it may not happen, but there you go...

18. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Whatever, as long as it's not BJ Hughes. [face_sick]

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe it was the same people who made up crap about what they wanted to see in season 4 and put it in the kiddie TCW magazine. Half that stuff was really good guesses actually. They never did email me back but they did nail it about Cade Bane and Boba Fett.

Traditionally shows do start to go down hill after either season 3 or season 5. But I've not lost faith yet and am actually quite optimistic. Worst comes to worst as I've probably mentioned before I have a high tolerance for lame, stupid, and plotholes.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    It seems that we agree on something then:p

If it's Hughes (and even if it is not) I so want Grievous to choke him and throw him away (to the nearest wall or other object) maybe Fisto or Plo or someone then arrives to save the day or something but that kind of GG vs. Jar Jar "duel" is only tolerable one i can accept- Tarpals vs. Grievous okay if Tarpals dies or is heavily injured and he has army with him, but Jar Jar vs. Grievous never just never:oops: .....

Maybe they kill him off and replace him with something to Blu-Ray editions of ROTS:D ....

21. Jedi-Master-Vader

Jedi-Master-Vader Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    One of the main things I've ever wanted to see in these series are:

a) Sidious killing a minion via a hologram.

b) Palpatine killing someone in his private quarters through some unseen force power.

22. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Maybe one of the unnamed Gungans that Grievous kills is played by Hughes. :p

@Jedi-Master-Vader One of the things I thought would be cool to see in TCW is that one or more Jedi may have figured out and discovered the identity of Darth Sidious, and then Sidious secretly offs him/her/them with massive doses of lightning. But then I figured it would be too fanfic-ish and wouldn't make much sense in the context of the SW universe.

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    It's not gonna happen.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    One of the many possible fates of Ahsoka.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ^Seems rather unlikely really but yeah possible in theory..... how Palpy would explain that to Anakin?

And Ahsoka's death has all those already mentioned problems- her odd disappearance is even worse - Anakin would never get over it if she would just disappear without trace....

Talzin could be good victim for Sidious but they may have written something other for her- would be fun to learn if using the dark side always turns him so ugly (or did he really somehow burn in ROTS- why Luke doesn't or Mace or anyone else?) and how he stays looking like "normal" guy is it some force-technique or...just makeup- wax or something and he really looks like he does in ROTS and OT?

Also does Mas Amedda learn the truth before jedi?- I was bit disappointed when Dave said he doesn't know- it would've added a lot to his character he seems to be bit malevolent- i think Sidious could have some inner circle- others than Dooku someone in republic side close to him. Sate Pestage? He is in fact edited character from ESB- "Grand Vizier Sate Molock" and not pure EU so he sounds more likely than random EU-character- besides Grand Vizier is very important in Empire he has to be close to Palpy already .....

And does Sly Moore know? Does Sly Moore ever appear in TCW? They show her kin and now he home -can they really leave her from the show?