main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Season 6: The Lost Missions on Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The Shadow Collective, Jun 6, 2014.

1. The Shadow Collective

The Shadow Collective Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 21, 2013
    Just wondered if anyone has heard any news, or knows when or even if season 6 will be released on Blu Ray this year or at all?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    No idea. It hasn't even appeared on UK Netflix yet either.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably will be released in October

4. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Let's hope so.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    So, you guys in the K still haven't seen them yet?

6. The Shadow Collective

The Shadow Collective Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 21, 2013
    Well i'm in the UK also and i have, but we've not had them officially, i just downloaded them when they aired in the US.
    Plus if they were never released on Blu over here i'd just buy the US version.

7. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    Yes, but not by conventional methods.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and TX-20 like this.
  8. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013
    As far as Blu-Ray/DVD goes, I really wonder about the distribution rights for Season 6. Does Warner Bros. have a blanket distribution deal for all of TCW or was it a Season by Season basis and Disney can distribute Season 6 on disc?

CoolyFett likes this.
  9. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Warner Brothers no longer have the rights to distribute it. All rights have reverted to Disney, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to make a deal with Netflix to distribute it.

10. Padme's Love Slave

Apr 16, 2013

In that case, nothing should be holding up a Blu-Ray/DVD release and we should be expecting it this October.

11. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I'm just bumping this up to ask if anyone has heard anything about season 6 coming out on DVD? I can't imagine they'd pass up the chance to make money on it that way.

I get Netflix, but not streaming, just through the mail and they don't have it available there. You can only get the movie, the first cartoon series and the first 4 season of TCW on disk from them. I don't know why the don't have season 5 when you can buy that one on DVD.

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I believe it only just got released on digital formats other than Netflix recently, so I would hazard a guess that it'll still be a little while before Blu Ray. Hopefully by time I actually get a Blu Ray player they will have a complete series set.

13. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    And Season 6 still isn't available to those in the UK even with the other digital formats releases.

14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I still find that so hard to believe. Is there any reason given? Is it that the UK doesn't get Netflix?

You'd think D/L would find some way of getting it out to you guys.

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

The UK has Netflix. It just hasn't been put up on the UK Netflix site. I've been badgering online about it for months... but they haven't added it yet. The reasons I've been given is that they have to wait for permission to upload it to the UK Netflix.

Even though S6 has made its way onto other platforms such as itunes, it isn't on the UK itunes shop otherwise I would get them from there. It is very frustrating.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  16. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    This makes no sense to me, whatsoever.

Is there still some CN/TCW exclusivity arrangement in the UK which hasn't yet expired? I guess I don't understand why D/L couldn't just say, "permission granted"?

I can't imagine that it's a matter of still trying to negotiate terms? Not when they've already reached a S6 deal with Netflix in the US, Europe, etc.

Whatever is the holdup?

I imagine it is. Quite.

I suppose all that I can say is, I wish it weren't so and that I hope it all gets resolved sooner than later.

17. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    No, it is not airing over here anymore. The Netflix arrangement was exclusive to the US and Canada. Europe wasn't included. They would still need to negotiate terms for the UK to get it. Most of the stuff on US Netflix is not on the UK Netflix anyway. The UK Netflix can take months and months and months before if gets something which the US already has.

Thanks. I kept talking to Netflix UK through an online chat, asking about it, and they said they would put my request through to have TCW on the UK one but they seem to have stopped online chat now.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    hlc88

I presume you've broached the topic with D/L directly. Any response on that front?

Geez, you'd think that they'd make use of SW.com and stream the content there exclusively for UK users, or something.

Maybe that's being too naïve, but it would be nice. Either way, there's no good reason I can see that fans in the UK (or anywhere else) should have to wait "months and months and months" to get the same things much of the rest of the world already has.

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I've tried. Waiting on a response.

As far as I am aware only users in Canada and the US can only access the S6 content. No one else can. So its still limited. The websites they distributed S6 too other then Netflix all seem to be US based, so I don't think most people have seen the new episodes yet.

20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, I thought that continental Europe was receiving the S6 content, too. My bad.

My point remains, though. Again, maybe I'm being too idealistic, here, but I don't think there's anything wrong with asking D/L to try to get this kind of stuff out to everyone roughly at the same time. Star Wars has devoted fans the world over, and it just doesn't sit well with me.

And I've been the beneficiary of the current policy, having had the S6 episodes for what, four months, now? I cannot imagine how irate I'd be, were I in your position.

21. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I'm really glad I taped everything when it aired here back in February, even if it meant I had to cut out zillions of ads.

22. smudger9

May 29, 2007
    Wow, didn't realise that season 6 was on itunes. Makes a Bluray release more likely. And even if we don't get the Bluray, at least we have a HD-ish source to watch.

23. Padme's Love Slave

Apr 16, 2013
    I purchased the first episode of Season 6 on Xbox Live and unfortunately, in addition to some minor glitches that I expect from streaming and not a download :confused:, the picture was cropped to standard 16x9 and not the full anamorphic picture that Netflix provides.

24. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Was wondering if that's the source of the 1080p "rips" I've discovered online.

One either has to choose between 1080p cropped, or 720p full anamorphic as of now. Without a BD release, there is sadly no option for full anamorphic.

Hope for news of a proper release soon.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Me, too.

Hey, I know the dvd/blu ray packages were generally October-ish releases, but does anyone remember when they were usually first announced?

I wonder if that could be a clue as to when we might look for an announcement this year? Or maybe the Netflix deal will push a home release back a little bit (giving Netflix a longer window for exclusivity)?