main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Season 6: The Lost Missions on Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The Shadow Collective, Jun 6, 2014.

1. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    I really hope the 4 story reels are the Bounty Hunter arc with Cad Bane and Boba Fett because I really wanna see Boba get his iconic Mando gear and armor and see him reclaim Slave I from Hondo. Also, I don't believe Matt Martin when he said in Twitter that both the animation and recordings were not complete. Two reasons to prove this are because the writer of this arc, Matt Michnovetz said this arc was near-completion and, it should be noted this arc took place directly after the Yoda arc and before the Utapau arc, so it does make us believe Matt was wrong and that voice recordings were complete. Even, the production codes of the arc, 522, 523, 524, and 525, prove that, because the Utapau arc was 601, 602, 603, and 604.

2. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I don't understand why the Utapau arc reels would get released on StarWars.com before the Blu-ray release of the Lost Missions if they were on it. I hope the Bounty Hunter story reels are on the Blu-ray.

3. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    Me, too. I really wanna see what might have been and will probably still be the best Bounty hunter story of the entire Star Wars saga. I wanna desperately see Cad Bane and Boba Fett team-up, Boba get his iconic armor and reclaim his ship, Slave 1 from Hondo Ohnaka.

4. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    I haven't completely given up hope yet. If I remember correctly Amazon.com put the preorder for season 5 up about a week or two before it eventually appeared on Amazon.co.uk.

As each produced season had 26 episodes, Revival was 426 for example, you now have me wondering what 526 was. Could there be a single episode story floating around out there somewhere???

5. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    cwustudent likes this.
  6. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I really think we'll see the BH arc eventually. I'm holding out hope for a live action version!

7. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Regardless the only way we'll get anymore new TCW content is if we buy this up so make sure you pick this up, whether it is DVD or blu-ray.

Sales and $$$ is the only thing that gets the attention of people in charge.

Mother_Talzin and vstarvan like this.
  8. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I agree, we should all support this release, so that hopefully more content will filter out. The stories are far too rich to fade into oblivion, so I'm optimistic they'll be used somewhere...

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Actually, releasing some of these arcs unfinished could hurt its sales. They're better off just compiling what's completed. Although I thought the Crystal Arc was cool, the unfinshed animation is embarrassing. And so I'm not sure releasing it as part of the DVD/Bluray season six is a good idea.

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I got to disagree with you here on this one buddy. You see, while the Crystal Arc was only in animatic, it was bascially a complete arc and part of the three arc traingle that Filoni spoke about (Darth Maul: Sons of Dathomir comic book and next year's Dark disciple novel). It appears that this is very important since special attention was made to have this arc known to us. While it is unfortuante that for now probably this won't be animated, at least we get it and add it to season 6. For true clone war fans, having this arc even if incompete with the finished animation is a godsend because as those that saw realized, this is a very important arc that at least saw the light of day. When you add this with the Darth Maul arc, it was evident that this was as important and maybe more so than the Order 66 arc and Yoda arc.

I for one am very happy they are releasing this on blue ray. For me, instead of 13 episodes, its now 17, plus the comic book which makes it 21..........almost a complete season 6. As a completist and lover of the show I could not ask for more. The novel next year should be pretty good and adds another 4 part arc released to us. By the time we get the release we get at least 121 complete episode plus an additional 4 that while not complete still represents an arc and unofficially brings us up to 125 episodes. Add that with the 4 episode movie and we have in our own possession 129 episodes. When this show was cancelled after season 5 I was depressed. and hearing Filoni say that we probably needed another hundred to finish did not make me feel happy, but he promised that there was going to be more. Did I beleive him? Hell no I thought he was pulling a marketing fraud. But alas, hear we are in october, and soon we are going to have this, coupled with the comic book arc and next years novel. It will feel like i got an extra 25 episodes which adds up to 8 additional arcs, 3 visual four parters two completed and one in animatic form, 1 comic book four part arc, and the novel next year which is from another 4 part arc. Filoni delivered and I respect him for that. Of course I want more and I'll take it in any form since this was much more expansive than what we got, but satisfied with the extras.

I'll be frank, I've been wrong before at times but at others I've been a champ........I don't really think that we are getting any more animated clone wars in the format that we got it in. Maybe in the future they might consider it but I doubt it. What I do see for the foreable future, now that everything is canon, is that Marvel will get a couple of arcs to adapt and then they will start releasing stories within and inbetween the animated series.... That I see. I think that the focus for now is on Rebels that is off to an awesome start, and while the numbers weren't the best, they definitely weren't the worst and already some of the bigger critics are writing good reviews. Not too mention that the first novel in the new canon system by Miller was very good and tie's in to the series. Now's there is news that an on-going comic book series will be coming out next April fleshing Kanan story so things are looking up. In fact, this is what TCW should have done but didn't because of all the EU vs whatever entangibiles. But that is over now, thank god.

Vader'sGoodHand and Gudenruben2 like this.
  11. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm not sure how bonus content would ever hurt sales - on many DVD / BR releases, the bonus content can sometimes drive sales faster than the movie / show itself. Fans are hungry for more content in my opinion, and that arc isn't being billed as complete episodes, but rather bonus content, that's why the season is still listed at 13 episodes. Anything they give us at this point is a plus...

12. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013
    Why would it be embarrassing and hurt sales? I think you assume these will be presented alongside the other 13 episodes. But they will surely be placed in with the bonus content on the set. Have you ever looked through the "Jedi Temple Archives" of Seasons 1-5 on Blu-ray? There are tons of deleted/alternate and comparison scenes in the same animatics stage.

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yes, as bonus content it will be fine. But to sell these arcs as official stories for the season six dvd/bluray might not be, though. Especially if there are more of them that they're willing to release.

14. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    They already confirmed that this, along with Son of Dathomir, and the Ventress novel are all part of the new canon. While Season 6 only has 13 official episodes, these stories are just as much a part of the CW as any episode in the series.

Darth Kickass and vong333 like this.
  15. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    How is it embarrassing? It's unfinished animation, not the full thing. They don't have the funds to complete the animation, well, they don't WANT to spend money to complete it. The focus now is Rebels.

16. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I wonder if the Bounty Hunter arc is being withheld because of the rumoured Boba Fett spin off coming in 2016, to avoid any conflicts or repetitions.

Watto likes this.
  17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    This is the impression I get as well. The rumblings are that Lucasfilm purposefully decided not to finish this one, or share with us in unfinished form, despite how far along it was. The only reason i can see is that it conflicts with the direction of the story/character they are pursuing with the films, or they will implement some of this arc in a Boba Fett film or some other production they're working on.

18. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Oh man. A live action version of the arc would be so awesome.

Darth Kickass likes this.
  19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I don't see a realistic Cad Bane working well.

[​IMG]

...That's just terrifying.

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Is there any footage or images confirmed from this arc?

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    This from the editing bay:
    [​IMG]
    And the Filoni sketch of the arc from the story conference:
    [​IMG]

And this is a painting Filoni auctioned on Ebay for charity:
    [​IMG]

Vorax likes this.
  22. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Boba looks like he is wearing the Droids / Holiday Special armor in that painting!

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Good catch, that was probably what they did. Also I forgot the Tusken Shaman and Cad Bane's ship were 3D models from this arc that they showed at Celebration Europe last year.

24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They may of never completed or got around to the voice/sound, likely same as that Ventress arc. Still, they could release it at some point as the fan base is strong and Disney wont be blind to it. But for them to fund money into it finishing it or completing it or re-doing it with the Rebels team, may be a long shot but I can understand the interest. But it is unclear on how they or where they want to take Boba Fett as the 1313 game was canceled and Lucas changed the main lead to Fett late in the game. Live in strange times my friend.

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    They mostly finished recording the arc, Filoni posted a pic of the session in July 2012. But it was later said they never "finished" recording it. I think you're right on with the different story direction and cancelled 1313 stuff, those would've likely tied together. But not meant to be.