main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts The Clone Wars television shorts

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gandalf the Grey, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    That doesn't look like Mace. :p

I have a bad feeling about this...

2. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    I really think this cartoon is going to be awesome. I've never seen Samurai Jack, but I'm a big fan of that minimalist style if animation. That pic of Mace looks very atmospheric, as I'm sure will the rest of the series. Just hope we get it here in Australia, or at least on DVD when all the episodes have played.

3. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    Good God, that looks terrible.

4. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Damn, Mace looks pretty scary. Cool, but yet also scary.

Dying to see what the cartoon versions of the clones and ARC troopers look like. More Asajj! They all look pretty cool in the DH comics and Hasbro figures.

As for the music: will it have a variation of Across the Stars as well as the obvious SW theme?

5. Jedi_Lite

Jedi_Lite Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I think that Mace pic looks great.

Also, I think the series is a great idea. Sure, it's just a bunch of 3-minute bursts, but by the time it's over with, we will have basically had an HOUR of story about what happens between eps 2 and 3 to tide us over until 2005. And hopefully these will be collected onto a DVD before long.

Quit yer complainin', ya spoiled brats. ;)

6. Shadowknight1

Shadowknight1 Jedi Master star 6

Jun 8, 2003
    That doesn't look much like Mace. They will come out on DVD.

7. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Oh... my... *shakes head* They've created a monster. That looks nothing like Mace! *sighs* Well.. I live in Canada, so the liklyhood of me even getting the cartoon is slim.

8. Shadowknight1

Shadowknight1 Jedi Master star 6

Jun 8, 2003
    What is the schedule for these??

9. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I think it will be cool. I was a young teen when Ewoks and Droids was on Saturday Morning Cartoons. I know Clone Wars will be infinitely better. The animation will take a little getting used too but I'm still excited.

I think the schedule is the first 10 in November and then the final 10 in Feburary. Don't know the times or days.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It should be pointed out, for those of you who can't get Cartoon Network, that you'll be able to see the episodes online at starwars.com if you're a Hyperspace member.

Though I imagine they'll air on TV first, then get online distribution.

11. kaeori

kaeori Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2003
    Yikes, the art works is odd...I certainly wasn't expecting anything like this. I'll try to be open minded, not whine at the moment at the sight of Windu back there and give it a shot. I don't really care for S. Jack and only watch the show when the remote's batteries die :p but I've been waiting to see this show since I first heard about it. And yes, the artwork is a let-down but I've already marked it down on my calendar. *shrugs* Who knows, it could be the next best thing.

12. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Okay, now that I've seen this artwork for the show, I am really looking forward to this. Before I had pretty much a "shoot me now" attitude about the show. Now, just seeing that one poster from starwars.com, I can't wait to see it!

13. jasperjones

jasperjones Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    At the official site they mention that the shorts will be 5 minutes in length. It's at the comic con update, along with more artwork that looks awesome.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, that artwork is from the comicbook adaptation of the TV show- cool stuff.

It also looks like it's adapting events from Durge and Ventress's appearance in Republic #51-52.

If so, I'm guessing the montage of scenes that is mentioned to open the first episode includes footage from those comics, which certainly ties the Republic comics and the cartoon series muchy closer together.

15. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    The cartoon version of Padme looks cute. I always thought Natalie looked kind of like a real life Belle from Beauty and the Beast! The best-looking character though has to be Count Dooku. Just really cool.

16. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    T2Q, yes you're absolutely right about those scenes from the upcoming DH comic adaptation...just saw the OS stuff.
    Sketchbbook is a must have!

17. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    OK, I was really looknig forward to ths, but have you seen Ki-Adi-Mundi adn Luminara Unduli??? Ewwwwwwwww!

18. jasperjones

jasperjones Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    But I want to make sure I'm not mis-understanding this: it seems the length has gone from 2 minutes up to five which is fantastic news.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Randy, Dark Horse editior, says that those two pages posted of the Clone Wars comic are actually only sample pages made to show LFL they could emulate the style.

So, they're not from the actual comic and (according to the somewhat irritated Randy) were not meant to be put up on the web. So they are just a brief adaptation of Republic 52 and not from the actual show.

20. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Gah! Talk about behind the times! :( I thought I'd come in here to post the quote I found via a link in my Homing Beacon that:

The first 10 five-minute chapters that detail the battles between Episode II and III will begin weekdays at 8:00 p.m., premiering November 7 on Cartoon Network and blah blah blah...

The most important bit being:
    The first 10 five-minute chapters

OH BEHAVE BABY!! BRING IT ON!!!
    Does this mean we get 50 minutes for the second half as well? :D
    A vast improvement on an initial total of 40 minutes isn't it?

November's lookin smart...
    {||||| ?||} -----------------------------

21. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    I did a little digging on this yesterday afernoon and I found the schedule. I accidently posted this on the Anime/Manga Thread in the Ampheatre. (I think that I spelled that wrong.) Anyway. Here's the schedule.

Star Wars: Clone Wars November Schedule

Friday, November 7th:

8pm, 10pm and 12am.

Monday, November 10th ? Friday November 14th:

7am, 3pm, 5.0 PM, 8pm, 10pm and 12am.

Monday, November 17th ? Thursday November 20th:

7am, 3pm, 5.0 PM, 8pm, 10pm and 12am.

Friday, November 21st:

7pm to 11pm (all 10 shorts).

I'm looking forward to seeing these. I've been watching Samuari Jack lately and I'm digging the way it's drawn and the way it looks. I just hope that these shorts are good.

~Shiri
    Love and Peace!

22. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    It's cool they are showing them all from 7 to 11 on Friday 21st.

I wonder if that's the same for worldwide?

I too have been watching Saumrai Jack, although I thibk it's rather boring, I am beginningto like the animation.

23. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    I agree. At times it is rather boring, but I can't wait to see the shorts. I first starting watching Samuari Jack at 11:30 on Saturday nights waiting for .hack//SIGN to come on, but now I watch it, to see it. It has it boring times, but there are some good action somtimes.

~Shiri
    Love and Peace!

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've been catching Samurai Jack at 10pm weekdays, and man, lately the episodes have been freaking blowing my mind. The minimalist approach with the stunning art is incredible.

There was a particularly great one where a shadow shinobi battled jack, who fought in the light, both seamlessly blending into those two background shades with no lines, and they fought against a black background with beams of white light breakiung it up, so one character would always be invisible and the other visible, and that would change as their moved around during the battle. That just blew me away.

25. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    are the links to the pics of Ki Adi, Padme and the rest of the gang on this thread? if not could someone please post links? That would be great. I myself dont like the art style, more into anime style myself. But oh well its star wars and its telling the story of the clone wars. I can overlook the animation (did it with Zelda Wind Waker, I can do it with this).

Forcebewitya!