main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts The Clone Wars television shorts

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gandalf the Grey, Feb 20, 2003.

1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Forcebewitya, take a look at teh Sketchbook thread, there all on my website which has a link there.

2. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Then why are you using the icon Sapient?

3. Jedi_McFly

Jedi_McFly Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2001
    I was channel surfing, and I recognized Samurai Jack, so I left it on, it was in the middle of the last fight or something, and they kept switching star wars music on and off from what I guess was their music! They played parts of Across The Stars and I believe Bounty Hunter Hot Pursuit. I couldn't believe it. The animation is alright, I don't mind much. I hope they're released on DVD though.

4. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I also recognized the star wars music at the end of the Samuri Jack episode. I thought maybe I was hearing things, guess not.

Forcebewitya!

5. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    There's going to be two seasons of the shorts. The first will be in November of this year. The second will be in March of 2004.

~Shiri
    Love and Peace!

6. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    No ShiriKeiCelisoe. It's just one season, but teh first 10 eps are shown starting in November and the 2nd 10 are starting in March.

It's just one season though.

7. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    The SW Insider timeline said it would be 2 seasons.

8. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Hmmm, most season consist of around 20eps and new seasons usually start almost a year after the last one started.

I see it as 1 season with a 2 month break.

9. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Pardon me, but I have to vent somewhere.

All the below quotes come from the E!Online article.

Star Wars: Clone Wars, a series of animated shorts featuring the epic battles often mentioned but never seen in the Star Wars films, is being prepped for its fall premiere on the Cartoon Network.

"Never seen"? Does the Battle of Geonosis ring any bells?

Each Clone Wars adventure will run two-to-three minutes and focus on Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and their cohorts as they lead the Galactic Republic against evil armies of cloned troopers created by the Separatists.

Unless this is some new development (like Spaartis), then they officially don't know what they're talking about. At this point, the armies aren't evil; they're with the Republic, fighting against the Separatists.

"[The animated series] will be showing the majority of the Clone Wars." - Josh Griffin

Last I heard, it was just covering the Battle of Muunilinst, just one of many battles in the Clone Wars. The majority of the Clone Wars will be covered in books and comics.

"...it would have been great to see more of the Clone Wars on the big screen and less of Jar Jar," says TheForce.net's Scott Chitwood...

That quote implies that saw part of the Clone Wars in AOTC, contradicting E's earlier statement. And Scott, great job telling those media folk what they want to hear. [face_plain]

[/rant]

10. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    As much as I like TFN, I really do wonder about Josh and Scott.
    Maybe I'm looking at what they're saying wrong but I'm sure they're really giving Star Wars (more subtly GL) a negative slant because there isn't enough mindless battle scenes between two large factions going on.
    Plus how did we ever know that the CW was full of epic battles when we had one measly line from Kenobi to go off of lol.

Anyway on a more general point, never trust E!Online with their reports on SW content, they don't know what they're talking about.

11. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "never trust E!Online with their reports on SW content, they don't know what they're talking about."

not many people (mainsteam magazines) know what there talking about when it comes to star wars content.

Forcebewitya!

12. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    PEZman4, I agree with you. I no longer watch E! because they never report Star Wars news accurately or objectively.

13. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000

Plus how did we ever know that the CW was full of epic battles when we had one measly line from Kenobi to go off of lol.[/b][hr][/blockquote]Exactly...most of those belonging to the [i]"Lucas-Raped-My-Childhood"[/i] whine-brigade seem to have misimagined this alleged, supposed "promise" that he made back in 1978 or something that all three of the prequels would focus upon the Clone Wars.

Many of them seem to have concoted these vaporous, faerie-like apparitions out of the desire to have the films that they've written, directed, acted, and edited ten thousand times over since 1977 in their own minds realized...and if Lucas [i]happens[/i] to deviate from those preconceptions just *one* scintilla, they go totally China Syndrome.

14. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    The latest SW E-Mail confirms that they will be up for download to HS members in November. Yay!

15. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    "Download" or "viewing"?

16. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "This November, starwars.com Hyperspace members will have the first online access to the Clone Wars microseries, along with member-exclusive behind-the-scenes features."

That isn't much different than the one Hyperspace "trailer", which said members would have "first online availability" of the cartoons.

So far, I think everything on Hyperspace has been downloadable, so hopefully it'll stay that way for the cartoon.

17. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    No, I think it's viewing, I can't download the Control Ship Raid scene.

18. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm pretty sure it's downloadable if you have Quicktime Pro. Even if you don't, there is a way to download it.

19. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    No, I don't have pro, doesn't that cost something :p

I've tried to download it, but no success, if anyone else has had any success, let us know!

20. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    If you're using windows, goto "temporary internet files" after viewing the page and copy that file from that folder to your folder/desktop.

21. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    And how would one do that?

22. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Never mind, I got it. Thanks for your help :)

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the DCS deleted scene was downloadable if you had Quicktime Pro (or through methods mentioned above), as opposed to other files TOS has had, such as the latter half of the AOTC Documenatries, which were almost impossible to view off your harddrive, even if you managed to download them.

24. DarthSeda

DarthSeda Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2002
    Here is the first information I have of the Clone Shorts.

The Series is actually called:
    STAR WARS: Clone Wars "The Epic Micro Series"

First Episode airs 11-7 at 12Am EST on Cartoon Network
    right now the first Episode has no title.

25. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    em...We've known this for months, but thanks anyway :)