main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Theatrical Movie: REACTIONS Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I remembered something.

When Anakin and Ahsoka are in the box, getting behind enemy lines, I think when they stood up, it was an intentional nod to the dog robot:

[image=http://www.redferret.net/Images/bigdogrobot.jpg]

2. Darth_Dial-Up

Darth_Dial-Up Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2007
    General Loathsome. Really, Dave? Grievous is bad enough, but you honestly had to give us a character named General Loathsome?

What about Skywalker? What kind of name is that?
    :p

3. glee_anselm_tourist

glee_anselm_tourist Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2008
    Dickens used the same "signposted name" convention. I think there's a technical lit-theory word for it, and at least it isn't used for all names :)

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I loved how Traviss poked fun of that in the novelization.

Also, LOL, Whorm.

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    telling name?

6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Well i saw it yesterday. Suprisingly good crowd, mostly adults, some kids. I can see where people would not put it in the same league as the live action movies. It isn't . But it isn't horrible either. The animation...well 10 years ago it would be great. For a tv show it's great. Not for a movie these days. Some scenes, like when Obi lands on Tatooine, there didn't seem to be much detail. Looked like video game animation.
    I didn't mind Jabba's son. He is a baby after all. Jabba's uncle is a different story. A drag queen Hutt??
    Anakin's apprentice, i didn't mind her at first, but then she got way too chatty, and way too critical of Anakin. (also a little hard to believe Anakin has an apprentice, since he's portrayed as young and immature in the films.) Also, i really couldn't believe she'd take out all those droids on Tatooine, or the wall she brought down to save Anakin.
    As a side note on the animation, that nose on Anakin sure doesn't look like Hayden's. Plus Dooku looks to have two inches of mustache in between his nose and lip.
    as for the music: at it's best i liked it for a few seconds, at it's worst it seemed to disappear. So i can't say it was horrid, just not exactly memorable. All in all it is what it is: a pretty good tv show.

7. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Nomative determination.

It's actually used in the novel when Obi-Wan jokes about the name with Rex.

8. JSnyder

JSnyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    I think the above post alone just increased my appreciation for the clone wars, and I already liked it.
    I do enjoy seeing a fan go mouth-foaming rabid.
    Remind them who really runs the show.
    Go, Lucas go!

9. Odd_Ball13

Odd_Ball13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    I Really Enjoyed this movie the battle scenes were extremely well done, and it showed the more gritter side of star wars when you get past the humor. Speaking of humor I laughed a few time at the droids and the jawas, as for Ashoka she was great I don't know why alot of people didnt like her she was a lovable charater, and the clones developing their own personalities was great I acually care whether any of them died or not. But Ziro the hutt was the only part that I didnt like about the movie but other than him, this was a great movie.

I also herd there was going to be a T.V show base on this movie so im looking forward to watching that.

10. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Agreed. I can't tell if the post was a joke or not, but I honestly thought it was hilarious. Especially when he called us "people" in quotation marks. I don't know what it is, it just really hit my funny bone.

11. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Maybe it's a product of my lowered expectations after all of the reviews I saw, but I didn't think that this movie was all that bad. It had plenty going for it, even with the often clunky dialogue and some of the childish humor and story elements. The action, though, was fantastic, it had plenty of lovely and cool shots, and the animation didn't bother me at all. In fact, I thought some of the characters, especially most of the droids, Ventress, and Padme, looked good in this particular form.

I think one of the things I really enjoyed was getting to see Anakin actually acting totally heroic onscreen while still managing small, but for once not overly obvious signs of darkness. His rapport with Ahsoka, though a bit rough at first, got better and I think helped that character grow a bit on me, too.

Overall, it's a movie that doesn't deserve the bad rap it's gotten so far and I'm looking forward to the series that'll be coming up, continuity issues and all.

12. DarthNeumann

DarthNeumann Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2006
    Just saw the movie this weekend... My .02 is that it's not a well made movie, I really enjoyed it though. The animation took some time to get used. I didn't like it at 1st, but it grew on me and after about 10 minutes I forgot it was even animated. The Droid humor was horrible. Ziro was worse then horrible. The voice acting was just OK, a little robotic. Dooku and Ventress were great. Obi Wan (except for the treaty part - that was bad) and Anikan were pretty good. I like Ashoka but she did seem very powerful for a padwan?

I'm I wrong thinking the movie was kind of an afterthought? If that's the case, I think the expectations (mostly with critics) were too high.

My general feeling is that if you like the EU (Comics/books/games) you'll like/love it. If you just like the movies you might find it childish.

13. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    What, was there a post that's not there anymore? :confused:

14. JSnyder

JSnyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    Yes, it initially was edited for content, then removed completely.

I believe the Mod's comment before complete deletion was something along the lines of: the swear filter is obviously now working.

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Just another troll, the exact reason why we have a cursing filter now. ;)

You guys are generally so well-behaved that I don't always pay attention. [face_laugh]

16. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I liked the movie. There was a lot of lightsaber action. However, we didn't see much of General Grievous.

17. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I loved it.

However, I think they need to concentrate more on telling a story and less on huge, flashy, cool looking battle scenes.

Yes, I know it's the Clone WARS, but characterization is what's important.

18. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I saw STAR WARS CLONE WARS on it's opening midnight showing with me and my wife's 27 year old nephew. Extremely well made and extremely fun. The look and feel absolutely work. I absolutely enjoy the characters, their dialogue and their actions. And the Battle Droids and the Jawas are extremely funny. The battles and the settings are absolutely amazing. I absolutely enjoy STAR WARS CLONE WARS. :cool:

STAR WARS CLONE WARS is too good for TV, but I'll definitely watch it when it's on TV. ;)

19. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I forgot to mention that I liked the return of Padme's restitched/replacement Episode II outfit. I thought that that was a nice little bit of continuity.

20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    I'll ad something about the droid humor. it's been mentioned here. Actually , the theater where i saw it, the droid humor got a good reaction from the crowd.
    About General Grievous; isn't it going to be hard putting him in the series much? It seemed in ROTS that it was his first meeting with Obi-Wan and Anakin.

21. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    based on their meeting in ROTS, it seemed like it was the first meeting between him and Anakin since anakin says that Grievous is shorter than he expected. He could have met obi-wan because there was some recognition there with him calling Obi-Wan "the negotiator". Of course, that could have just been based off of Obi-Wan's reputation.

That doesn't mean that there can't be many stories involving other jedi like Windu or any of the others hunting grievous. He met up with other jedi in the microseries and it didn't have to involve obiwan or anakin. He had to get all of those lightsabers from somewhere.

22. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Wal-Mart?

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    One of the things that was enjoyable about Genndy's CW, and will be enjoyable about the new series, is that we won't be spending most of our time watching Anakin's slow downfall.

I think we'll see plenty of Grievous, but as mentioned above, he doesn't always need to be fighting Anakin or Obi-Wan to make it interesting.

Judging by the Obi-Wan vs. Grievous scene in ROTS, that seems like the first time they fight one another.

24. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I'll be honest, the Obi-wan negotiation scene could have been stronger. There was something off about it and I think it was the voice acting.

25. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    This was a good movie. Looking forward to the series. I think the dialogue, humour...well it was Starwars. I was like "this is starwars man!!" -- so i liked it.

I liked the music when it gets kind of oriental - -very cool for Tatooine scenes

Also liked that the clones kind of try to be unique with different hairstyles - it must be horrible to look exactly like the other hundred people next to you.

Cool fighting scenes -- especially the vertical monastery assault.

What i didn't like - Dooku and Palpatine's hair were too static, also Jabba's body/flesh was too static.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.