main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars TV Movie Event

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Comrade, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009
    I dont know why this hasn't been posted yet, but according to club jade Season 3 will be off to a very exciting start!

They mentioned a book or novel depicting a sidestory involving clones becoming commandos coinciding with a movie to debut the new season, but then the article got pulled down for some reason. [face_thinking]

2. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    This from www.swbooks.co.uk:

Will a TV movie premier Season 3 of The Clone Wars?:
    Posted: 16th March
    In their Fall 2010 Catalog, Penguin Books has confirmed the existence of at least two children's books to accompany the start of the third season of The Clone Wars TV series in October and interestingly Penguin describes the second of these books, 'Defenders of the Republic', as being "based on the TV movie event that will launch season 3 of the The Clone Wars television series in October 2010".
    Whether this is a printing error by Penguin is unknown, there is no confirmation nor denial from LucasFilm at present.
    (Source: via StarWarsTimeline.com

3. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Well, to go along with this there was that Hasbro (IIRC) merchandising timeline that was released some time ago that talked about a 'TV Movie Event' in September before the release of Season 3. Could be another piece of corroborating evidence.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Right. Some people thought they meant the TV debut broadcast of the theatrical The Clone Wars film, but that's just lame, so very lame.

Looks like more evidence pointing towards some kind of Awesome October Event.

5. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    Here is the direct description from the Penguin PDF file mentioned above...this sounds AWESOME!!!

Defenders of the Republic
    by Rob Valois

Based on the TV movie event that will launch season 3 of the Star
    Wars: The Clone Wars television series in October 2010, this novel
    follows a group of clone troopers as they rise through the ranks from
    cadets, to rookies, and all the way to elite ARC troopers.

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    However, ARC troopers don't "earn" the rank of ARC, they are trained directly from Kamino. That novel summary doesn't make any sense.

7. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009
    But why then did Club Jade remove the article?

Lucasfilms' request perhaps? Or was it proven false...?

I don't know, I hate it when speculation gets like this. Reminds me too much of Battlefront III. [face_plain]

Yeah, except that is what we know from the genndy series and perhaps some novels or comics, not this series which can debunk them.

Besides, I'm sure a clone can earn enough experience to be accepted into elite ranks. It's called prestige! :cool:

8. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    They could go back for ARC training, like the commanders did.

9. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Now I don't know why ClubJade pulled the story but Eddie updated that he heard from Frank Parisi, in charge of the Penguin Young Readers? Division, that the Penguin catalog mention of a tv-movie lead-in to Season 3 of the Clone Wars is incorrect.

?That information is incorrect, and due to internal miscommunication, it slipped out without being properly vetted?

10. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    This is The Clone Wars, remember. Continually making more and more of a mess of continuity.

Still, I'm quite interested in this.

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    "Vetted" usually means "removing material that is sensitive or confidential in some manner", not "incorrect" information.

Sounds like a cover-up to me.

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    "Vetted" usually implies taking out sensitive or confidential information, not "incorrect" information.

I'm sensing a cover-up.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Doubly, it appears. :p

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Stupid Firefox crashing. :mad:

Call me Jacob Two-Two.

15. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    I have to agree that it's a cover up from Penguin. In fact it could be a situation like the Big Millennium Falcon toy from a couple of years ago. Hasbro had a deal with Wired to "break" the story and Galactic Hunter got the details first. Maybe Penguin just ran the full blurb without removing the sensitive material from the description and someone else is announcing the big story.

16. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, I realize that.
    TCW will always crush pre-existing canon. :p

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Lucasfilm said there would be no second Clone Wars movie. I think that's enough of an official statement to go off of. Just like when Lucas said there'd be no Prequel Trilogy. Or the time they said there'd be no Indy 4.

No. No more Clone Wars. Not even a chance.

18. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    McCallum? Is that you?:confused:

19. Darth-Wyrm

Darth-Wyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    Does that logic also apply to his insistence that there will be no sequel trilogy?

[face_thinking]

20. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    [face_thinking]

21. Badger_Legion

Badger_Legion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2008
    When did Lucasfilm say there would be no 2nd animated movie?

22. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Yeah, I thought it was more of a "no plans/not at this time" type of statement. Filoni said it strained their resources.

23. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Yeah I believe there will be some sort of TV Movie Event in September.Hasbro leaked their Calendar afew months ago and now this comes out,it has to be something new and exciting.Im really hoping it is a CW TV Movie.I love the first one.

24. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    Defenders of the Republic? Sorry if I'm not the first to say this but, isn't that TOO close to Defenders of Peace?

25. Kaxs

Kaxs Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2009
    The book doesn't necessarily have the same title. We probably all know that the original novelization of Star Wars was called From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker, for instance. So another title is still possible.

That's what people used to say about Republic Commandos too. Then an ordinary clone trooper (Corr) did just that. So it's absolutely possible. Besides, why care if they mess up continuity just a little bit more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.