main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars TV Movie Event

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Comrade, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    No, Defenders of Peace and Republic marks the difference between te Jedi and their clones!

2. MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo*

MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo* Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2000
    Lucas/McCallum/Sansweet only said that there will be no new theatrical movie.

This "TV Movie Event" which will "launch season 3 of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series in October 2010" is just that. Season Three will kick off with a three (or perhaps four) part arc dealing with the Clone Troopers moving up the ranks.

This season (Season Two) kicked off with a two part Cad Bane arc and The Clone Wars Theatrical movie was nothing but three episodes strung together to launch season one.

Recent info compiled below in one spot:

Leaked Hasbro Marking slide:

[image=http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/2854/tcwmovie2010.jpg]

http://www.swbooks.co.uk via http://www.starwarstimeline.com

Will a TV movie premier Season 3 of The Clone Wars?:
    Posted: 16th March

In their Fall 2010 Catalog, Penguin Books has confirmed the existence of at least two children's books to accompany the start of the third season of The Clone Wars TV series in October and interestingly Penguin describes the second of these books, 'Defenders of the Republic', as being "based on the TV movie event that will launch season 3 of the The Clone Wars television series in October 2010".

From the Penguin PDF file:
    Defenders of the Republic
    by Rob Valois

Based on the TV movie event that will launch season 3 of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series in October 2010, this novel
    follows a group of clone troopers as they rise through the ranks from cadets, to rookies, and all the way to elite ARC troopers.

3. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Thing is, March in the calendar says "CW DVD" yet that never happened. But I do hope this is true.

4. cwquest1

cwquest1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2008
    my best guess for this "tv movie event" is this:

Based on the fact that "rookies" was one of the most popular episodes of season 1 and a lot of emphasis being placed on the individuality of the clones in other episodes they decided to do a "Band of Brothers" style movie.

In 2 interviews Filoni has mentioned liking wolves, this leads me to believe that the clone trooper squad will be "the Wolf Pack" Plo Koons clone squad.

Plus in the commentary for "bounty Hunters" Filoni said, "we'll have to see if Embo likes wolves" I take this a meaning that Embo (maybe the rest of the crew of the halo too) will make an appearance in the movie too.

If the film follows a group of clones over a time there is plenty of opportunity to show cool characters from the series that the short stories of the normal episodes don't get time to show......

thoughts?

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Wow. What a leap. Plo Koon's clone squad is named after Filoni's likes for wolves. Not the other way around.

6. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    True, but it's not that big of a stretch, surprisingly. Filoni commented in the episode guide that one of these days we'll see Wolffe really acting as the commander of the Wolfpack. With the whole Embo-wolves comment, it's either a coincidence, a red herring, or an incredibly subtle hint at a future plot.

7. cwquest1

Mar 3, 2008
    Yet more evidence! Wolffe looks awesome now with his bionic eye, why go to the trouble of making him look that cool if all he's going to do is stand around in the back of a hologram watching master koth's fingers?

That bionic eye says "feature length" to me :)

Clone Wars TV Movie Event: WOLF PACK

mark my words :cool:

Also, if at some point they could throw down with deathwatch, that would be double awesome

8. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I REALLY doubt we'll se Embo in the Season 3 premiere. As I mentioned in another thread, his survival was an afterthought, so it's unlikely they will be able to write him into any Season 3 stories.

9. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I agree since he's not a big character, but if they really want to I don't see that it's impossible given the changes the made to Voyage of Temptation (a season one episode originally) to include Pre Vizla (a season two character).

10. Gwas

Gwas Jedi Master star 2

Dec 13, 2000
    If this TV movie does come to pass (stretch) and if it does take indeed take the route of following a group of cadets through the ranks (double stretch), I wonder if the new episode (Death Trap) has just introduced us to our heroes......[face_thinking]

11. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010

I agree with the whole Woolfpack-Embo thing. The hints are definetely there.

But I also have another theory. Lucasfilm knows Ventress is has pretty big significance with the fans and we haven't seen her all-through season 2. I have a sneaking sensation she's gonna make her triumphant return in this movie event.

12. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I personally wouldn't mind seeing the Clones have to deal with a Sith without the assistance of a Jedi.

Especially Rookie clones... [face_skull]

I really enjoy watching clones we don't know the ultimate fate of because any one of them could be killed at any time, so there is a real sense of jeapordy you don't get with the main heroes. In fact, anytime clones have to fight without a Jedi is a good thing in my book.

I would be very curious to see what would happen with the Clones if they were on tough mission and their Jedi General was killed... [face_praying] Or even if he was wounded so bad it was up to the clones to complete the mission and save the Jedi, as opposed to the usual route of Jedi saving clones.

13. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Very interesting... i like how u think [face_thinking]

14. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    Troopers also can earn the "ARC" title. Technically all the Commander that had ARC training ARE ARC Troopers. They wear the ARC armor and have the training, they are just not "officially" called ARC's.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    ARC troopers are a separate from that of clone trooper commanders. While they did have extra training, they weren't chosen for ARC training. Armor doesn't mean anything, as well.

16. cwquest1

Mar 3, 2008
    I somehow don't see the 5 year old cadets making arc troopers before the end of the war.

if they did, tiny ARC troopers would be great though :)

17. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010

If the story begins on Kamino, that squad of clones is more likely to start off with the clones at 8-9 years old (as in they'll look 16-18).

18. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    They weren't 5 or 6, they were basically the same ages as Boba - 11/12 yrs old

When I saw them, I kinda thought the same - if this TV movie event does happen we may see these guys grow up and progress through the ranks. We'll see...

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Interesting Twitter from James Arnold Taylor:

# Had some cool top secret type voicematching today for a movie trailer. Tomorrow I have a session for a new show, I... http://bit.ly/c2HSbu 10:15 PM Apr 26th via Facebook

20. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Sounds interesting.....although hard to tell if it's CW related. Let's hope...

21. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I like the reply from the guy who says "you sound like Obi-wan Kenobi!"

Well, duh!

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Here.

23. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    They updated it(I don't know if your original post contained the updated version) saying that it was a false alarm and tv movie event is not happening.

24. Cerasi_Skywalker

Cerasi_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2010
    I had a feeling they'd kick off the next season with a movie, this sounds awesome!

Edit: Nevermind, I saw the article about the false alarm. Bummer.

25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, it might still be some regular episodes. After all, the season 3 trailer did have Clones in training gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.