main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars TV series: what vehicles do you wanna see more of, less of, or added in said series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Bobbo02, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbo02

Bobbo02 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2010
    Ok so I'm a big fan of Clone Wars vehicles/droids. I think the show has done a fantastic job in terms of amazing large scale battles over these first 2 seasons. But do you guys think they'll add a few more interesting rigs to spice up future battles? EG, the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid. We saw this guy in um... The CW film, wasn't it? I'd love to see more of these guys. And how bout that awesome Turbo Tank Ahsoka was manning in the season two premier? Sure I looove seeing(hearing in my case) a lot of the AT-TEs, the Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor, AATs,and a little of the AT-RT, but I hope the Republic and the Seps get even more down and dirty eventually. I know the Republic Fighter Tank was released by Hasbro last year and I'm hoping to see this baby in the series as well. Sigh I knooow, it was only featured in that Clone Wars game for the ps2 but... A guy can hope can't he? Oh, and some Hailfire droids. The bane of the AT-TE mwahahaha.

So hows about it? Got any fightercraft or ground assault craft/droids on your wishlist to appear in The Clone Wars? I'd rant some more but then you'd be reading for ages.

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Just a heads up, if you want to discuss spaceships, please use the Fleet Junkie Thread.

Now, concerning vehicles. I agree, we need more Turbo Tank, which I prefer to call by its original name: the Juggernaut. We only saw it basically parked in the beginning of Holocron Heist. And even in Ep3 it only had one shot where it rolls by. Let's finally see this baby engaging in proper action!

3. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Dude you got so many dead links in there, it's like poking around in a graveyard.

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Fixed that. Bobbo02, next time you want to include links in your posts, try using the "link" button. Just highlight the words you want to use as a hypertext link, click the Link button and paste the URL in the window that will open.

5. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Okay, that's annoying. Having to go to one thread to talk about spaceships and then another to talk about groundships. Can't we just have one Clone Wars vehicles thread with a clear name like "clone wars vehicles thread"?

That said, I would like to see more capital ships with more unique design and variety in purpose. Also, more Republic ground craft as they make way to becoming the empire they should have more and more dangerous stuff.

Some sea craft would be neat too. And some new Republic fighters - the R.A. had a, b, y, and x wings.

6. Bobbo02

Bobbo02 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2010
    Oh thanks, I'll definitely remember to rant about the vesels over in the other thread! Yeah our ten wheeled titan has just seemed to be lounging on the battle field so far. You're right, I wanna see what this puppy can really do! Hey and thanks for the info about the links as well as fixing them.

Oh yes as far as names go, Juggernaut is my fav. Turbo tank isn't that intimidating. Well hopefully we'll see it again before too long! And doing more than just rolling along lookin pretty.

7. Kaxs

Kaxs Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2009
    I would like to see more different starships, especielly with the Separatists. After all, they're supposed to be just thousands of local militaries as well as supercorporation's security forces all joined together. But excluding the Malevolence, a Trade Federation battleship in Storm over Ryloth and a Commerce Guild destroyer in Grievous Intrigue, we've only seen starfighters and Banking Clan frigates. A little variety would be nice. There are supposed to be thousands of the Guild destroyers and Federation battleships, at any rate, and we saw a host of various CIS ships in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith that could be used.

8. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    hm.. there's a couple i'm waiting to see =D

The UT-AT
    i've been waiting for it since the second season started =3

Another would be the Republic Fighter Tank

And also the AT-OT

The AT-PT as well.

Not to forget the AT-XT. Though this one borders, it might be included in the Clone Wars...

Oh yeah the Republic troop Transport as well!

Other than those i don't know.

I would save the Moldy Crow and Outrider to the live action series ;)

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    AT-PT
    AT-OT
    AT-AP
    Homing Spider Droid

10. Bobbo02

Bobbo02 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2010
    Seacraft! Now there's an interesting setup for a battle. Yeah we've not seen much of that in the way of TV or film. There were a few battles in the EU novels at sea but not too many at all. I agree, that'd be great to see in the show with those mantadroid subfighters and such.

11. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Turbo Tank
    Spider droid
    AT-OT
    AT-PT
    Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter

12. Bobbo02

Bobbo02 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2010
    You're absolutely right. I never really thought of the variety of ships they could use in the series. Yup from what I've been reading we've not seen too much of that sort of thing but if the show keeps going strong, I have no doubt that we'll see allot more.

13. Bobbo02

Bobbo02 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2010
    Oh right I forgot about the AT-PT and the other walkers you mentioned! And that RTT would be a great edition!

14. Bobbo02

Bobbo02 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2010
    Nice, I forgot about the homing spider droid! Yeah we saw the dwarf spider in the film but maybe they'll throw a couple OG-9s at us sooner or later. And I hope we get to see one's reacter get pierced by mass driver missile fire.

15. Bobbo02

Bobbo02 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2010
    Yeah! More turbo tanks please! And yeah, glad you said something about Obi Wan's starfighter! We haven't seen that since... This is sad because I just rewatched the 1st season so I should remember... but ah well.

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Fighter Tanks would be my number one choice.

More Juggernauts!

Droid gunships are pretty cool.

The UT-AT and Republic Gunboat (not Gunship) need more love.

Actually, while we see the Gunship a lot, it is often used as a simple shuttle. In episode 2 those things tore the CIS army apart, I would like to see its fighting capability used more.

Techno Union fighters, Tridroid fighters, V-Wings and ARC-170s need to be used at some time.

Oh, and let's see if we can't sneak in a Z-95 when no one is looking.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    QFT.

18. Kaxs

Kaxs Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2009
    Better make sure they add it when we're looking - otherwise there's no point. And while they're at it, they better make perfectly clear for the kids that no, that's not an X-wing. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.