main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary The Clone Wars - TV series

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Bombad Jedi.

What can I say besides yet another good episode. Master Bombad is great in this episode.

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Agreed! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Padme did NOT need rescuing - it was great to see her kick some butt!! (but she needs a new set of travelling clothes) And it was great to see the parallels between Three-So and Master Bombad ;) Jar Jar was great - seriously when he was 'talking' Gungan to the swamp creature, it was hilarious!! I really enjoy that they continue to show his child-like innocence. He may not be the best dude for the job, but he sincerely tries and is honestly brave when the situation calls for it.
    I found I couldn't stop staring at Uncle Ano's eyes - they were so strange and yet oddly compelling. Again, the animation is simply amazing and continues to impress!

Next week - Cloak of Darkness!! Can't wait to see Master Luminara in action!!! [face_dancing]

3. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Bombad Jedi another great episode Binks was great, Padme really kicked a$$, the introduction of Commander Gree and his crew of Clones awesome. Have to agree with the speaking Gungan to the creature was jokes and the interaction with C-3PO and Jar Jar was great. A good stand alone episode and it will be interesting to see how the plot of the capture of Nute Gunray plays out in up coming episodes.

Great show and is only getting better can't wait for this weeks episode.

4. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I was looking on my PVR for next week and I think they are replaying Ambush. At least that what it said. DOwn the States the trailer attached to bombad Jedi was the complete 3 episode of Malevolence back to back. SO I think they are taking a week off due to the US thanksgiving on Thursday.

I really hope not I guess we'll just have to wait and cross our fingers.

As far as Jar Jar he really wants to be a hero and tries his best. He's also one of the luckiest characters in the SW universe. As he could have dies many times trying to save Padme. Padme kicked some serious butt in the detention center but she could have did that even before the ramp to the center.

5. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    It sounded to me like there is a different voice-actor for Padme. She sounded better in the movie (both played on the same speakers - so that is not part of the issue).

6. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    'Bombad Jedi', while not being my favorite episode of the series was nevertheless an entertaining half-hour. I enjoyed seeing Padme out on her own and performing actions that didn't require Force training to save the day. A pleasant surprise was Tom Kenny's performance as Nute Gunray, a villain we haven't seen in action since Episode II in the chronology (well, the blink and you miss it cameo at the top of TCW movie, but that's it). His obsession with seeing Padme dead proves to be his downfall, once again illustrating that revenge is bad for Separatist business.

For all that though, the episode did raise an intriguing point in the Republic's continued failure to come to the aid of Rodia. The Rodian Prime Minister(or whoever he was, I didn't quite catch his name or title) did make some key points that while the war may have galvanized the Republic into a more proactive stance on the martial front the underlying graft and corruption of the senate is still there nonetheless. Might the Separatists have a point?

Now we come to the elephant in the room. Jar. Jar. Binks. The penultimate acid test of my acceptance of the prequels into the saga. How'd it go?

Actually, not too bad. Jar Jar is still unbelievably, teeth-grindingly annoying, but the fact that he nonetheless steps up to the plate and attempts (in his highly spastic way) to save his friend redeems him in my eyes. Ahmed Best brings a childlike innocence to the Gungan klutz that does a lot to offset the hate. Jar Jar's 'battle tactics' seem to be ruthlessly effective, even if he is completely, blissfully unaware of the havoc that's wrought by his clumsiness. I won't be president of his fan club, but the CW team found a use for Jar Jar that served the plot, made sense, and fit into the story rather than distracting and detracting from it. For that alone Filoni and his team deserve a raise.

~StacyD

7. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    The episode preview is up on starwars.com for Cloak of Darkness - wow!! There are more cool Separatist Droids introduced, there's a shot for what looks like Gree (or one of his troops) buying the farm, and lots of Luminara vs. Ventress fight goodness!!! Since Ventress is there to break out Nute Gunray, this is obviously the continuation of the Bombad Jedi story.

Sucks that we have to wait two weeks for it though :oops:

8. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Cloak of Darkness (airing this Sunday) was written by Paul Dini. He's a great writer and has written for the Batman series as well as the TV show LOST. The preview is up on starwars.com, however there isn't a web-comic up as yet.

Bring on Luminara!!! The phrase 'girl on girl action' has new meaning now [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

9. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Comic for this episode is up now and Dini is awesome and has done Star Wars writting before back on the Droids and Ewoks cartoons.

Yes this episode will be awesome the trailer was sweet another great adventure.

10. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Paul Dini is a great guy I've chatted with him a few times, his work on the Sperman animated series is great and of course his early work on He-Man from when I wa s aboy is still good stuff

11. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I don't think we'll get it. CTV has So you think you can dance Canada at 7 this week.

12. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    I just checked zap2it.com and CW is not listed for the next couple of weeks. I am so depressed. Although, I did see that "The Clone Wars" movie is on pay per view starting today (Des 5th). And Behind the Scenes is on tonight as well on Space. 9:30 i think.

Darth Paul

13. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Bah! That sucks :mad:

Interesting that the commander of the Senate guard is NOT a clone - and is voiced by James Marsters (aka Spike on Buffy/General Zod on Smallville)..[face_thinking]

Edit: sorry - Brainiac. Guess I have to pay attention more :oops:

14. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Hopefully we get this episode this week and James Marsters played Brainiac on Smallville not Zod and I love Smallville.

15. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Space will have the episode on the 13th. I'll try to find if ASAP when it hits the net.

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] Once again thanks to PreludeRM, a few of us got to see this absolutely amazing episode (and that's tough to say given that every episode has been simply fantastic)!!!! More Master Luminara please - she kicked some ASS!! Ahsoka was really great too - teaching a master a thing or two. Ventress actually completes her mission and demonstrates how lethal she can be [face_skull] Nute Gunray was hilarious: 'Let me out and I'll buy you a planet!'

17. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    This episode was awesome from start to finish with some many good points in it:

- Luminara and Ahsoka great teamwork, Ahsoka very fiesty like her Master and great to see Luminara in action a true a$$ kicker.

- Gunray funny as hell.

- Ventress amazing in this episode like Echo said you finally see her in all her lethal glory.

- Senate Commandos looked great as we finally see them up close and in action.

- Commander Gree tough as nails nice to see alittle hand to hand combat rather then just blaster fire with the clones.

This series is just too awesome for words as it's some of the best star wars being made. That's saying something as IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!! bring on next weeks episode.

18. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    I really enjoyed this episode, I love Asajj and finally the CIS wins. I love the new characters and how much lightsaber action there is in these episodes.
    Now bring on General Grievous!

19. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    "Lair of Grievous" was defiantly worth the hype. Seeing Kit Fisto wield double sabers is stunning. The is by far one of my favorite episodes. Nahdar is totally head strong. You think Anakin is head strong this knight just wants to fight fight fight. He leaves fisto behind so he can take on Grievous by himself.

20. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    If anybody want to see the Lair of Grievous let me know by email ASAP.

21. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Great episode once again sweetness all around highlights for me were:

- Fisto in action great, great stuff.
    - Grievous I can't get enough of this guy and it was awesome to see Dooku test him just like any other Jedi.

- Nahdar cool character while he lasted but killed in a super evil way showing Grievous is ruthless.

- Amazing battle between Fisto and Grievous.
    - Seeing the statues of Grievous before he was a cyborg was great as Fisto said a once proud warrior.

- Almost seeing Grievous's face when he was getting repaired send chills through me.

Another amazing episode NUFF SAID!!!.

Prelude I'll take a copy of that episode please and thank you.

22. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    HOLY HELL. That was a friggin' FASTASTIC episode!

FISTO was BADASS - and Grievous proved he's a cold-blooded KILLER.

I'm so happy this is only the first season - 4 1/2 more years of episodes to go!! And it just keeps getting more and more amazing!!

23. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Me like them...them is good.

24. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Unfortunately, although the US is getting a new episode this Friday (Jan 2), CTV doesn't look like it's airing an episode (new or otherwise) this Sunday :mad: . Not sure what's going on with the station, but they're definitely losing my viewership.

It seems downloading the new episodes is the way to go from here on in...

starwars.com does have the first 10 episodes online for viewing, but again, Canada gets shafted, as we're not able to view the episodes (only if you're in the US). Boo.

25. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the interview Henry Gilroy and Dave Filoni gave TF.N, answering loads of fantastic questions about the CW series:

http://theforce.net/jedicouncil/interview/henrygilroyanddavefiloni.asp

Including these fantastic tidbits about deleted storylines/scenes:

Quinlan Vos was in an early draft of Bombad Jedi. He was working undercover and actually using his force abilities to make it look like Jar Jar WAS a Jedi. Jar Jar was even fooled himself for a while.

In the original final draft script of ?Destroy Malevolence?, Captain Panaka was with Padme and captured by Grievous. Grievous brutally murdered Panaka and George really liked how we did it and approved it. But alas, when the producer demanded the script be rewritten ? it was without Panaka. That version also included a lightsaber duel between Plo and Grievous on the exterior of the Malevolence in space that was freakin? awesome ? but don?t get me going! Sigh.

Dave: I did some concept paintings of that fight, Plo even had a different face mask to breath in space.

Henry: That mask is Plo-Kool! FYI, the Jedi originally got on board the Malevolence using ?the carbonite infiltration manuever?, freezing themselves in carbonite to get past droid bio scans and radiation beams. Anakin had custom built this special mask for Plo to be frozen in carbonite, but it also worked in vacuum of space
    :eek: =P~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.