main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary The Clone Wars - TV series

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Just watched episode 11 "Dooku Captured" on you tube, and it was pretty damn good! Too bad the show is "cancelled" in Canada. BOOOOOO!!!!!

2. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Clone Wars is alive in Canada but will not return to CTV until February so Canada will be at least 4 episodes behind the Cartoon Network. Seems like a really strange delay as most shows only go on holiday break for a few weeks not a whole month.

3. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Who's going to be behind. Not us. You'll have it tonight.

4. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    Ryan you have the 720p version of ep 11? i can't seem to find it online

5. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Haven't found it yet.

6. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I liked Dooku Captured - just didn't love it. It seemed to be aired out of order, as the lead in suggests that it happens just after the TCW movie.

The banter between Obi Wan and Anakin is almost exactly like the banter between Ahsoka and Anakin.

"How am I supposed to be a Jedi Master if I keep getting captured?"
    "Well, you are the Master of getting captured." (or something to that effect)[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I think Dooku allowed himself to be captured. I think Sidious is most certainly sending Jar Jar with the ransom because he's engineering Dooku's 'escape'.

Loved the Bollywood music in the pirates den - it shows that the series creators aren't afraid of using other cultural identities in expanding the SW universe.

7. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    and Obi Wan finally used his jet pack!!!

8. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    It was defiantly out of order. It was probably one of the first episodes made, as the animation was not a fluent as the previous and the opening was all clips from the movie. Can't wait to see Jar Jar next week. The pirates were pretty cool and the retro flying saucer was a good twist. It was an OK episode but not like the last two which were my favorites so far.

9. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Good episode and yes it did have a strange flow when you watch it but was still good I mean come on a gundark nice. Music was a key in this episode and it was great new sounds in the star wars music universe great stuff.

Bring on more JJB next week!!!!.

10. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    i have to say this was the first ep that left me in meh mode...Dooku's capture was far tooo easy

11. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    I saw the ease of Dooku's capture as a prime example of villanous arrogance. Dooku assumes that--being the leader of the CIS and a Sith Lord to boot--nobody would dare presume to cross him, and even if they did they'd never live long enough to reap any benefit. He overestimated his reputation and underestimated the Weequay pirates. And while his insight through the Force might've given him a warning, he was so focused on getting back to the front lines he never stopped to consider these pirates might be anything other than fearfully defferential to him.

Obi-Wan Kenobi with a jet pack made me grin ear to ear. Now if they have lightsaber duel whilst wearing jetpacks at some point in this series I'm gonna need a fainting chair and some sipping water. ;)

~StacyD

12. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    just finished watching ep 12 and i found it interesting watching ani & Obi chained to Dooku.. loved see new clones and i have to agree with what the one clone said about jar jar.."he may be smarter then he looks"

and yes bring on more clones

13. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    This episode was better than part 1. Something seemed strange about Jar Jar voice though. I don't think it was Best doing the voice. I can't wait to see Next weeks as Ayla looks to be in it.

Synopsis from the main site: "When Anakin is gravely injured in battle, Jedi General Aayla Secura must teach Ahsoka the Jedi philosophy of having no personal attachments -- while they brave the hostile planet in search of medical help for the Jedi Knight."

Marcy I did finally find Ep11 in HD.

14. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    New episode on CTV next week. Sunday, Jan. 18 at 7pm ET - Cloak of Darkness

Yipee!!!

Darth Paul

15. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    would be spoiler link to preview of ep 13..BUT...

for those of us that can't wait and must have a clone fix starwars.com has posted the preview for firdays ep :

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000749.html

looks awesome and can't wait til friday... and Ryan i finish got eps 11&12 in 720p

16. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    I liked parts of this episode mainly Count Dooku and how ruthless he was. Force choking is always a good thing and when he said to Anakin and Obi Wan "I would kill you both right now if I did not have to drag your bodies." Obi Wan saying "Most impressive" was sweet.

BJ Hughes took over for Ahmed Best maybe 7 Eleven wouldn' give him the night off to record his voice. Didn't care for BJ.

17. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    http://www.theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_global.asp?image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0014780.jpg

Sweet new packaging for figures coming soon.

The clone on the right looks like he wants to hurt me.

18. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Harsh Greg [face_beatup] Jar Jar isn't Jar without Ahmed Best!

I laughed out loud at least 3 times during this episode - I quite enjoyed it. I am surprised that Anakin or Obi Wan didn't sense the duplicity of the pirates though - I would think that given the situation they'd be on the look-out for anything sinister.

Obi Wan was awesome though. Some of the lines were so cutting - Dooku's lines were delivered with such avarice. Glorious!

Next week looks promising too - I never knew Aayla had an accent...[face_thinking]

19. Rusted_Halo

Apr 6, 2008
    just finished watching ep 13 and i loved the battle scenes... over all it was an excellent ep, the only thing that just just didn't sit with me was Aayla's accent...to me the accent just didn't fit, i would have got with a softer type accent like Michelle Yoeh's english accent.. soft an wise

loved the wise old lemur... would to hear a conversion between yoda and the old lemur... i think it would be interesting

20. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Jedi Crash

Another fantastic episode! I liked Aayla's accent. It was french-y, but only when she spoke certain words or phrases. It was exotic and IMO suited her character really well. I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see her fight more, but that looks to be corrected in the next episode.

LOVED the opening battle sequence - what an adrenaline rush! Those rocket droids were pretty sweet. Hey Cam - did you notice one of the clones was named after you?? :p Too bad he doesn't survive...

I also liked the lessons that Aayla managed to impart to Ahsoka - it's SO COOL that they show the different Jedi and their fighting and teaching styles. I feel like I'm the padawan and each episode teaches me more and more :)

21. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Ok watched the 2nd part of the Capture Dooku episode and liked it more then part one shows Dooku's a bad ass and is only out for himself. JJB was good as always but no Ahmed Best as the voice is NOT RIGHT only thing that I didn't care for in the episode.

Jedi Crash kicked my a$$ it was so good starting off with the battle in the start of the episode was amazing. Loved Secura thought she was awesome got to see her in battle, loved the accent I thought it fit her perfectly, and to see her pass on some wisdom to Ahsoka was great as she learns alittle from all the Jedi she comes in contact with.

Another awesome episode in an already amazing season one.

22. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Yet another great episode. Loved George Takei voice of Lok Durd. He was so pompus.

Can't wait for next week. Ice World here we come. Break out the Hoth gear.

23. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    George Takei, and Aayla in the same episode! w00t!

The last two eps have been awesome, more like what I pictured in my mind when I first saw the preview @ CIV; differn't jedi on strange worlds, slicing up droids, etc. Seeing how close Aayla and Bly were in this arc makes her death in ROTS just that much more heart-breaking.

24. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Another awesome episode love the jedi action, new worlds, new bad guys, new weapons, new life forms, everything all around awesome. Aalya was great in both episodes and here's hoping for more Jedi's to be introduced this season as she did mention Quinlin Vos.

Man only 7 more episodes to go in season one kinda sad but very exciting and this weeks episode looks bad a$$ nuff said. Go watch the trailer now... right now.... what are you waiting for!!.

25. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Agreed Jaeger - I watched the bit where she saved his life with oddly mixed emotions...

Fantastic episode! Ahsoka was fantastic in this - she's really evolving as a character. I was hoping for more in terms of seeing Aayla's fighting style but she was still seriously cool :cool:

Anakin, Anakin, Anakin.... CAN'T. GET. ENOUGH.!!!!

Next week:
    Obi Wan and Anakin in snow gear??!!
    Fighting on a snowy planet??!!
    Talz??!!
    Snow beasts??!!
    <brain slowing exploding with happiness>=P~

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.