main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The clones in star wars rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Pevra, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    What will happen with them? Will we get to see some deserters Some doubtful clones still fighting for the empire? Will we see some of the clone protagonists from TCW fight against Ahsoka and co? How will the clones deal with the fact that they now serve an Empire instead of the Republic they were sworn to protect?

TreborSabreon likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I always figured that the individualist clones were dead or out of the military by ROTS.

3. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Not sure if we'll see clones at all :(.

4. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    we may start to see the later effects of growth acceleration and subplots to feed into the general disarray of the OT's stormtroopers. Other than that I'd be happy to see clones doing anything and everything they may end up doing - be it running farms or fighting for the rebels.

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    starwars.com says that clone/stormtroopers are found throughout the galaxy.

6. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Sure, but I'm doubtful if they'll show clones in non-extra roles.

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    A couple of items I'm thinking about here...
    1) Rex is a popular character and one who had been struggling with his individuality amongst the collective group of clones, and his ideas on that have evolved slowly over five seasons. My guess is they wouldn't just kill him off, but would take him in a new direction in Star Wars Rebels. He would be a rogue clone, another kind of rebel working for the good guys in the galaxy. Or they could always give him a heroic death at some point, but I like the first idea better.
    2) Lucas referred to a mix of clones and enlisted troopers at the time of A New Hope, I believe he mentioned this in a DVD commentary. So we should still see some clones in the mix during the time of Star Wars Rebels unless they change that concept.

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    No more clones, please. Conscripts, yes, but I would prefer volunteers mostly. Leave the clones in the clone wars. Let's not may us think the clone wars is an ongoing conflict now, shall we?

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    There were definately still clones in the Imperial Military as of ANH.

10. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    My preference would be to see what clone characters are carried as "face" characters in Rebels acting across the spectrum. For instance, I would like to see loyal troops who see the Empire as simply the new incarnation of the Republic, it's legitimate successor in the galaxy, and continue to serve accordingly. At the same time, I would also like to see clones who've decided they've had enough, or troops who refused to turn on their Generals when Order 66 came down, and instead deserted. Or clones that are somewhere in between, who have no real love for the Empire anymore, but simply have nothing else.

I'd also enjoy seeing the slow change as the Fett-clones begin seeing troopers from other templates, as well as natural-born recruits and conscripts, joining their ranks. We've gotten snippets of this over the years, from Battlefront II and The Force Unleashed―with Cody being none too pleased with the effectiveness of natural-born recruits―but it would be nice to see it fully-realized within a narrative context instead of off-hand comments and reference material only.

11. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    Also it would be cool to see some retired clone troopers or ARC's working for merc groups or just chilling on a tourist planet. We need to see Cut again.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    We can potentially see Appo again, leading the 501st like we saw in ROTS

13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Personally I would like to see as many clones in as many different positions as possible. They've really grown on me during the course of the show.

Grievousdude and darklordoftech like this.
  14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd say that we'll see the clones as the new enemies instead of the battle droids. I don't know if we'll see any deserters, unless Rex and some of the 501st didn't execute Order 66, then we could see them on the run and helping the remaining Jedi, and maybe even working with Ahsoka. Or if the series is set closer to ANH than ROTS, the clones might already be Storm Troopers.

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would like to see Clones, at least in the beginning. I would not want the show - the spiritual successor to TCW (which was not allowed to conclude) - to just premiere and all of a sudden all the clones are conscripts. If anything I would think they might stick with clones just because it's easier to animate should a stormtrooper ever remove their helmet.

They can remove the clones throughout the show, have some kind of event that shows why they fell out of use, maybe the Empire nears bankruptcy and begins to stir up patriotic sentiments in individuals to manipulate them as cheaper conscripts. Maybe they follow in the shoes of Battlefront II and show a Clone Force getting corrupted for use against the Empire, etc.

But I hope to see the transition, not just begin the show with it already having occurred.

16. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

We saw him on Umbara, which was pretty cool.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, I saw Pevra's topic and found myself all eager to write up a nice, descriptive post of how I'd like to see the clones referenced in Rebels.

Then, you know, you went and said just about everything I was going to. [face_not_talking]

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  18. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    If they start the series shortly after RotS, then I can imagine seeing good old Commander Appo. However, start it more than a year down the line, and we shouldn't see him because he was supposed to be killed by Jedi Master Roan Shryne on Kashyyyk in the novel Dark Lord. So if they don't adapt these events onscreen and Appo survives further along the war, there goes another retcon. We'll see what happens, but I imagine that if the series takes place years after Ep III, they won't bother showing Appo since he's ultimately a relatively minor clone character, at least in TCW.

With Rebels being TCW's spiritual successor and Filoni at the helm once again, you can be certain that there will be clones, and that there will probably be an onscreen transition from GAR clone troopers to the Imperial stormtroopers of the OT. They consist of a good mix of naturally born conscripts increasing in number as the number of clones diminish over the waning years of the Dark Times. Should Rebels take place over a more than 10-year period, you can count on seeing this.

TreborSabreon and Mia Mesharad like this.
  19. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Sorry for stealing your thunder. :p

Yeah, I'd prefer Rebels not start out on the same note that drew TCW so much ire. Besides, Commander Bow―Appo's replacement as CO of the 501st following the battle of Kashyyyk―has no pre-established fate, nor even any sort of characterization on the books, and would be an excellent choice for the series to continue on with as a 501st POV character.

Contessa and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  20. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Indeed, Rebels needs to start off on the right foot, and I'm positive that it can. Very interesting that you bring up Commander Bow, he is a minor character that could have a lot of potential for a major role in Rebels. The question is, now that Lucas is gone, will Filoni and the other directors decide to take this particular piece of EU and roll with it, or go with the more established Appo, retcons be damned? Perhaps even use a new clone as CO of Vader's Fist? I really hope that they won't do to Luceno's Dark Lord like they did with Reaves' Coruscant Nights and Medstar duology. Luceno to me is one of the best SW novelists, and it says a lot that he was able to work closely with Lucas himself on Darth Plagueis.

P.S. Also, just noticed that you responded to my 333rd post with your 666st post ([face_devil]). A rather nice symmetry there.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Going back to this old Dee Bradley Baker interview, its slightly more interesting.

Barriss_Coffee and TreborSabreon like this.
  22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Now because you mention Vaders CO. Will we see Daine Jirs rise to power and importance? I was always interested in the guy because he spoke in such a self-assured and aggressive tone with Vader in ANH. Obviously he replaced Appo or another clone CO at some point of time.

darklordoftech and TreborSabreon like this.
  23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I posted this in the McQuarrie / Rebels thread and thought it might be pertinent here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm thinking that something like these designs (minus the lightsabers and shields, naturally) might look really cool when rendered in the TCW fashion, offering a classy nod to McQuarrie's legacy. Further, I can see these guys making sense in-universe as a transitional interpretation between Phase II clone troopers and full-blown, ANH Stormtroopers. What do you think?

So, what do you think?

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd bet you Jir is Vader's advisor

25. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    No... the next iteration from Phase II to Classic Stormtroopers is probably Classic Stormtroopers, or something very close that's clearly between II and Stormies. The McQuarrie Stormtroopers are NOT that, by any means.

That's not to say they won't show up, but I think they'll be specialty units or specialty suits, akin to the many we saw in ROTS and TCW or even TFU's various trooper types.

But not as straight-up transitions... the helmets of Phase II troops are already right in the middle of Phase I and Stormtrooper. Another baby step in that direction, maybe, with a larger & much more obvious change in the armor (which itself was pretty much identical to Phase I, so still far from Stormtrooper).

TreborSabreon and darklordoftech like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.