main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Clones Revealed"

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by TOD-UK, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    For those who don't know me, my (screen)name is daveytod. I'm active with that name on several boards around the interweb and I'm something of a fan editor.

My works to date include 'The Sith Revealed' ( a behind the scenes look at Episode III that never had a full release), 'Episode III - The Video Game Movie' (a 90 minute movie made from gameplay and cutscenes of the Episode III video game), '24 - The Missing Day' (again, a full movie culled from the PS2 game), 'Battlefront - Journal of the 501st' (once again, video game cutscenes, but bundled with a helluva lot of bonus extras) and 'Star Wars - The Interactive Video Game DVD' (a VHS to DVD preservation)

18 months ago I started work on the follow-up to 'The Sith Revealed'. Now, I know TSR never had a proper release, and that?s because I was just never happy with it. There were some terrible audio sync issues and the whole thing just lacked 'ambition' when compared to the greats of this particular little fan edit niche, such as 'Deleted Magic' and 'Building Empire'.

18 months is a long time, and although I'd become more competent at using the various programs involved, there came a time when I simply gave up. It just wasn?t working for me, and so I sat on the unfinished project for months, trying to get enthusiastic about it again. When I finally did, it was with a hell of a lot more ambition than it had before. I included scans from the comic adaptation featuring extra lines, scans of concept art, production photos, even commentary soundbites and subtitles.

To further clarify exactly what this movie is: I?ve taken ?Star Wars Episode II ? Attack Of The Clones? as a starting point. On top of the existing video, I?ve added various material to give an extremely in-depth behind the scenes look at what goes into making a Star Wars film. For example, in the speeder chase alone, I?ve used concept art, publicity stills, rough computer animatics, comic book stills, alternate audio and video, cut lines, (I?m sure there?s a kitchen sink if you look hard enough) to show the various stages this sequence went through before it became the sequence you see on the DVD. As such, the only time you actually see the proper movie, is when I had nothing to add, bar trivia subtitles or commentary. To further enhance the DVD and make repeated viewing of your favourite scenes even easier, there are 67 separate chapter stops to choose from.

"The Clones Revealed" is far and away the best thing I've ever produced, and I'm very proud of it, even if it has driven me to the edge of madness at times. I hope you guys enjoy it too.

For more information, check out the page at the DVD Holocron

http://wiki.dvdholocron.com/index.php?title=The_Clones_Revealed

This movie shall be released in the next few days and will be avaialable via a variety of means. Keep watching....

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Seriously, SERIOUSLY looking forward to seeing this :)

3. Grevious91

Grevious91 Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2007
    Looks interesting. Can't wait to see it...

Where did you get all the photos, animatics, and concept art to make this?

4. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    hmmm this should be pretty cool. I noticed on the DVD cover that on the backside there is a shot of 3p0, but in TPM. Unless i read wrong, didn't you say this is for behind the scenes for AOTC.

5. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    They originally used the skeleton version of 3PO in his first few scenes in AOTC but had to replace him with the rusty version after the scene where he got his coverings was deleted (which I'm sure is touched on in the DVD).

6. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    This is true, they built an elaborate puppet-outfit for anthony daniels to wear in AOTC, but 'naked' threepio never made it into the final cut.....as explained in the movie

7. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    Just an quick update....I've had a post regarding this project deleted over at DH.com, and since I plan on releasing this tomorrow, thought I'd keep it fresh in everyones minds. If this one somehow gets lost too then PM me for info

8. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    The page at the DVD Holocron has been updated with release details

9. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    and for us lazy people HERE'S the torrent link, but in lack of seeds. 0, to be exact :(

10. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    Are there any plans to upload this to Youtube and split it up into parts (as was done with "Building an Empire" and "Returning to Jedi")? o_O I think that would be a good way to put this out there.

11. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    There should be one seed (being me!)

The page at DVD Holocron has been updated with rapidhsare info...as for youtube...if someone wants to volunteer...

12. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    Quite a few seeders now, as well as choice of download methods...so if you're not already grabbing this then jump on board!

13. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    So has anyone watched this yet?

14. Mathiias

Mathiias Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2007
    I grabbed it off of Usenet this weekend, but haven't had the energy to sit at my computer and watch it (my PAL DVD player died a few weeks ago). Looking forward to checking it out soon though.

15. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    Just a quick update....an NTSC version of this is now available on Rapidshare

16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    TOD-UK, could you please upload your Star Wars related movies on YouTube?

17. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    I would if I knew how

18. Manicd3001

Manicd3001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2004
    Would you be kind enough to post the link for the file on rapidshare. The site does not seem to allow one to search for a file that is already there.

It is good it's not on youtube. The quality there is horrible. They have got to be the worst site on the net.

If you had a Divx format you could host it at stage6.com. They have hi-res stuff there.

videos.ggogle.com is better for hosting for they 'seem' to provide a much better venue for fanfilms then their own youtube which is for junk.

I have been able to get some widescreen fanfilms there, where on youtube would be too small to see.

19. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    rapidshare links can be found here: http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=293

20. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    any feedback?

21. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    You can search hosting sites like that using the following search terms, however, results are sketchy. For example 'clones revealed site:http://www.rapidshare.com

The bolded words are the ones you change.

Sorry, TOD-UK, I'm not too inclined to download something that is 3 GB, watching it on YouTube would be much better, and I'm sure all would agree.

22. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    i guess this one never went down to well on these boards...i actually received a cease&desist email from lucasfilm, who were worried that 'consumer confusion' might lead to this being mistaken for an official product

23. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I hate to say it, but if you hadn't hyped it so much I doubt you would have received a C&D. I've seen your posts both here and over at OT.com. If you had handled it more like Deleted Magic and the like, you'd been better off. Chaulk this one up to a lesson learned. At least, I hope you learned your lesson.

24. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    Well you can still seed it on bittorrent.

25. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    He got a C&D. If he does that he's really going to open up himself to legal troubles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.