main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The closest you've ever sat for a sporting event has been?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by DarthTunick , Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    On Wednesday night, I will be sitting 3 rows behind the court (2 rows behind the courtside seats) for the Laker game (against the Clippers). This, by far, is the closest I've ever gotten (and probably will get), and to say I'm excited would be a vast understatement. This is the section in which I'll be sitting in:[image=http://www.nba.com/media/lakers/sect.107.jpg]

2008 L.A. Dodgers: At least they beat expectations!

2. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    2 rows back in Texas Stadium right on the side of the end-zone. The Eagles scored in that end-zone about four times that night, too. (It was the McNabb 14 second scramble MNF game)

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I had front row seats to WWE RAW once, back when they taped a whole month's worth of tv episodes in one night. 5 hrs of wrestling and we were right where they came into the ring. [face_hypnotized]

4. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    A couple weeks ago, Rhonda and I sat courtside, on the baseline, for a Grizzlies/Pacers game. Pretty cool and thankfully nobody landed in our laps.

5. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I have sat right behind the Milwaukee Bucks and visitor bench at the Bradley Center to many times to recall. This was back in the early 90's when the Bucks sucked and I would get the 10 pack games and 2 free Bulls games to watch Jordan Play. Of course when the Bulls were in town there was no moving around form my crappy upper level seats.

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I've sat "front row" (which really means behind press box and a couple rows of courtside seats) several times for South Carolina basketball games, though I prefer being a couple rows up. Still pretty close, though.

7. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    A few years ago I sat front row at a Patriots flag football game. I went with my two brothers and my oldest brother spent all our food money on raffle tickets...and we won. We got a shirt signed by all the Patriots and handed to us by TOM BRADY!!! :D

8. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    When I went to Yankee stadium I sat about 6 or 7 rows or so from the first base line...which was pretty awesome since we originally had upper deck seats and decided to "trade them in" so to speak.

As for the Devils, I've once sat about 10 rows from the glass during pre-season and in the regular season. Loved to see the action that close especially when there was a fight during a Devils/Flyers game right in front of us. [face_hypnotized]

9. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    2nd row at Fenway Park behind the Red Sox on-deck circle. 2nd row in the endzone at the old Orange Bowl for a Pats/Dolphins playoff game. 2nd row (sense a pattern ;) ) for an AHL Hockey game.

At Dr. J's last game at the Boston Garden my dad and I had floor seats about 3 or 4 rows back on the side opposite the benches. I remember during the pre-game presentation to Dr. J we were actually standing on the parquet floor while it was happening.

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I sat on the glass at a Sharks game once. Only about 20 ft away from the penalty box. Tons of fun although constantly whipping your head back and forth as the players zoom by can cause some neck strain.

11. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Don't ask why I'm posting this embarrassment of a picture, I think sometimes I like the abuse, or chalk it up to not feeling well and not thinking straight, but here's a shot from the WWE event. My friend is on the left and I'm on the right. The rest of the people in our group were sitting second row behind the announcers so her mom was able to take a pic of us from across the ring.

[image=http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k87/s65horsey/raw.jpg]

I think I was 14. [face_hypnotized]

12. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Of course Left field at County Stadium was aways the best seats in the house.

Barry! Barry! Barry!

13. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    First row courtside to the Memphis Grizzlies, right behind the M in a preseason game with the Pacers this year. I also got to go to Pau Gasol's Rookie of the Year ceremony in 2001, because we held season tickets.

I've sat behind home plate and the dug out at both the Atlanta Braves and Chicago Cubs games and had my picture taken with my name on the scoreboard at Wrigley through my job, also.

14. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've sat front row for many cricket and football matches. Probably my best memory, however, was being front row at the World Cricket Tsunami Appeal match in 2005. It was an impromptu match put on to raise money for Tsunami relief, and it attracted over 80,000 people. The match was fantastic, saw a great century from Ricky Ponting, and my mate next to me dropped a catch and got paid out by the television commentators. Fantastic stuff

15. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    I went to the Duke/Temple game in 2006 that J.J. Redick got the ACC scoring record. I was in the second to last row in the arena. [face_plain]

For WWE Raw I was in the 2nd row of section A.. but there were still a ton of floor seats in front of us.

For a Magic/Knicks game in Madison Square Garden I was pretty close. Not in the first section next to the court, but the one behind it. I was not disappointed with those tickets at all.

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I went to the Duke/Temple game in 2006 that J.J. Redick got the ACC scoring record. I was in the second to last row in the arena.

Still, at least you were at the game. Thats pretty nice.

I was at Redick's last game as a Blue Devil. Not sitting very close, though. Tickets were expensive enough as it was.

17. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Well, someone's gotta come in here to balance out the Dookies, it seems. ;)

I sat a few rows up from the floor at Madison Square Garden during the 2003 Christmas Tourney. St. John's, Manhattan St., Iona, and Carolina were there. And Carolina lost both dern games they wound up playing!

I've sat in the very last row in Chapel Hill before, to go the complete opposite direction. I was just happy to even be there, though.

I guess overall, the closest I've ever been is the very front of the student section at a Virginia football game. It was 2003, against Georgia Tech. And you can tell I was just thrilled to be there 'cause I can't even remember if they won or lost. :p

18. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    The reason I'm upset about the seat is because I had bought me and my sister tickets that were much closer, but then my parents told us we couldn't go unless they went with us, so they sold our two tickets for 4 tickets that were much father away. :(

I was definitely glad to be there, but I could barely see anything. :(

And I'm jealous of you! I wanted to get tickets for a game in Durham during his senior year, but my parents wouldn't let me. :(

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Thats always disappointing to have to move seats like that.

The disappointment of the game I was at was it was the loss to LSU in the Sweet Sixteen :( At least I got to watch them, though. And I was happy for LSU, since my dad's an LSU alum (though he was with me - pulling for Duke) but both of us really wanted Duke to pull it out. My goal is to make it to a game in Cameron eventually... but theres no telling when that'll happen.

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Somewhere from 10-15 rows behind home plate at a Jays game.

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Is the question how close have I sat, how close have I gotten tickets, or what's the best tickets I've ever had for a game? Because the three are very different answers.

At the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium, only two-thousand of us would show up for a game at a stadium that sat eighty-thousand. They didn't much care if you sat right behind the dugout, right behind home plate, or in the nosebleeds you bought for a dollar.

22. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    I've sat court-side a few times at Oracle Arena, front row several times at Pac Bell/SBC/AT&T Park on the third base line, and first row at Memorial Stadium a bunch of times at Cal games. I've been lucky enough to either win or receive some very good seats in my lifetime.

23. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    I sat frint row for Clemson/Maryland football in 06. (I usually sit in the upper deck)

24. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Is the question how close have I sat, how close have I gotten tickets, or what's the best tickets I've ever had for a game?

Given that only one affects how you see and experience the game, I'm going with that one.

25. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

It's the closest seat you've ever had. Just under 48 hours to go for me, and I'm as excited as I was for Christmas/birthdays/Halloween when I was a young child. Wednesday night is going to be an experience to which I'll never forget.

2008 L.A. Dodgers: At least they beat expectations!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.