main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Cloud City Cantina (v21.0): The Last Cantina

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    JJ will bring it home and it will all make sense. He did it with Lost. Okay bad example.

2. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    The green milk scene grossed me out. [face_sick] It was the only part I didn't like in the film.

3. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    That scene had deleted scene written all over it.

4. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Who made this brilliant post? Oh. I knew it was you all along! :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Had to get to that 2:30 minute run time.

Iron_lord and christophero30 like this.
  6. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    He might as well been drinking straight from the teat :oops:

7. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I think that would have gotten it an R rating. [face_laugh]

8. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    Where does Blue Milk come from? I'm sorry I had to ask this question.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    A Rian rating? :p

Banthas

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  10. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Smurf cows.

11. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    I don't know, I just miss the days when the fandom didn't feel so full of hatred and bitterness. The sheer amount of toxicity so many people deliver to the creative team behind The Last Jedi is depressing. From creating YouTube and Twitter accounts solely devoted to bashing those behind the making of these films to criticising the quality of their character because they made a film they didn't like (derogatory terms like Jar Jar Abrams and Ruin Johnson loosely fall into this category). It bums me out way more than it should.

I'm not saying any of you do this, but I see it on YouTube and Twitter relatively often (mostly YouTube).

I want this fandom to be whole again. :(

Am I being overdramatic?

Yep.

Oh well, **** it. :p

In JJ's defense, he had very little to do with Lost after the pilot episode.

Valency Jane and DarthIshyZ like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    this Fandom has not been whole since The Empire Strikes Back came out.

Iron_lord and Valency Jane like this.
  13. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    It eventually balanced out. As it did with the Prequel Trilogy. When I say "whole," I mean less anger and hostility.

14. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    No. That would be TFA. At least TLJ is original and tries all kinds of crazy stuff, a lot of which is completely random, including Rey lol, wheras episode 7 is not aging well at all, imo. The Rey and Kylo actors are great, but ugh, the plot is such a rehash. And I could care less about all the Han Solo drama at this point, hell, even Harrison Ford wanted that smuggler dead back in the early 1980's.

And JJ is a talented person, he has concepts and all and Lost was a great show. I never wanted his mystery box bs in SW though. The ST is quickly becoming my least favorite part of SW. I definitely like Rogue One better than these and even The Clone Wars tv show has better stories. IMHO. [:D]

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    True enough. I am sure the same will happen with TLJ it just might take a few years.

Iron_lord and Valency Jane like this.
  16. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    At least I have TFA.

That film makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :)

17. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    The Star Wars prequel trilogy is a masterpiece. It's a shame that it received such a vitriolic backlash from the haters that it was inevitably a deciding factor in George Lucas's decision to sell to Disney.

A George Lucas ST is something many of us wished to see and longed for, but sadly it was not meant to be.

Valency Jane and Moonspun Dragon like this.
  18. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    I just finished watching the latest episode of Agents of SHIELD, and I am not okay. :_|

19. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If I had to guess I would say someone died. I hope it was not your favorite character.

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Killing beloved characters seems popular these days. Especially coming from hack writers lol.

Dandelo likes this.
  22. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    Joss Whedon is fond of killing off favorite characters. It’s kind of his signature. :p

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Is he George R.R martin’s illegitimate child?

Iron_lord and Moonspun Dragon like this.
  24. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    Yes.

I'm going to give you a lot of background, so prepare for a lot of reading. I hope you have no plans to watch this show, lol.

I am not a big "shipper." I rarely mentally pair two characters together because I think they're perfect for each other. This is especially evident in Star Wars.

But there are exceptions.

The characters of Fitz and Simmons in this show are one of them.

To properly explain this, you need a lot of background. Back in season four, all of the main characters were thrusted into a Matrix-like simulation called the Framework, a virtual reality simulation of the real world but with one change: the person's biggest regret is changed. The biggest regret of one of the main characters (Melinda May) alters the world completely, making it such that Hydra defeated SHIELD and took over the world. In the Framework, Fitz was an evil member of Hydra (second in command) known as the Doctor. Simmons is dead (but her real world counterpart causes her not to be [it makes sense in context]). Long story short, they make it out, but Fitz is severely traumatized by the heinous act he committed in the Framework. He doesn't believe he deserves forgiveness or Jemma (Simmons). The team is willing to forgive him, though.

Cut to now. The 100th episode introduced the Fear Dimension, an alternate dimension that physically manifests a character's biggest fear into the real world. We see many scenes where the Real Fitz speaks with the Framework Fitz (I'm calling the latter Leopold from now on). Leopold devises a plan to capture Daisy Johnson (an Inhuman with earthquake powers) to remove an inhibitor that is keeping those powers at bay. She doesn't want it removed (I don't feel like explaining why).

Turns out there was no "Leopold." The Real Fitz did everything we saw in the most recent episode, thus confirming to both the audience and the characters that Leopold and Fitz are one and the same. Daisy is unable to forgive Fitz for what he did, and the relationship between him and Jemma is open (kind of).

The episode ends with an emotional moment between her and Deke (uhh... holy ****, there's a lot to explain here. If you're curious, read the season five episode details for further explanation). It does give a hopeful ending to this episode.

So, no one major dies.

But it's still saddening. :_|

By the way, Fitz and Simmons are in my top three MCU characters, and the fourth season is genuinely one of the greatest things the MCU has ever produced. Season five is great too. The writers, like Claudia Gray, are just ***holes. :p

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wait Claudia Gray like in the one who wrote Lost Stars?

Iron_lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.