main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clovis Trilogy (6.05-6.07) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 5, 2014.

1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]
    This thread is for the purposes of discussion on episodes 5-7 of Season Six. Any spoilers before 12:01 a.m. PST will be deleted immediately. Grading threads will follow at a leisurely pace so as to not overwhelm the boards.​

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Was my most anticipated Arc for S5 but was pushed back, looking forward to it.

3. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I just finished watching it. Wow! That was actually pretty great! The best of the political episodes IMO and had a nice buildup to the invasion. Quite a few shocking moments and as the plan was revealed, I was pretty proud of Palpatine. He's done it again with an evil and brilliant plan. I actually felt sorry for Clovis in the end and the relationship between Anakin and Padme was handled quite well. This season has been doing fantastic so far, I hope Bardotta and the Yoda arc live up to these first two arcs!

pronker and obsidianknight482 like this.
  4. Master Kinard

Master Kinard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2013
    Should this arc be watched first? Does it take place before all the other season 6 arcs?

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Great episodes, my full reviews will follow later. But as of now, 8, 9, and a full 10 for the final episode. This was really, really good, meaty material.

6. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    It was a good arc, but I had trouble following it for some reason. Probably because I watched it at 3am lol. I'll go back today after work and rewatch.

One thing I was confused about was Embo's role, was his purpose to get Clovis off Scipio or to kill him? Sidious said good job when Clovis left so I was a little puzzled.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Anakin going into rage mode against Clovis was the best lead-in to ROTS this series has ever done. Well played, Team TCW. =D=

8. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    All S6 arcs are pretty much standalone arcs and can be viewed in any separate order.

ITA!

9. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012

While I certainly agree with that, the rest of the arc was pretty much just "okay". The action pieces were also very well done, but the plot just didn't do much for me.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

What? What? And I missed it? CRAP

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Mr. Atom Bomb While I agree this wasn't the best of arcs, it did have some amazing elements. The aforementioned man-fight between Anakin and Clovis, the sled chase, and most importantly the character I've been waiting to see in action for over a year, MOTHER****ING THORN!!!! [face_dancing] He didn't do much, but he was AMAZING.
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Classic Rageakin, always entertaining to see.

13. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    You missed it? They fought for like 5 minutes lol.

Revanfan1 and credar like this.
  14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin kick his ass?

15. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Of course.

Cevan, Zer0 and Embomania like this.
  16. Master Kinard

Dec 30, 2013

17. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    The episode guide actually states that the droid commander seen in this arc either had his head replaced after it was cut off in the Order 66 arc by Anakin, or was an updated version of the same model... strongly suggesting that this arc does indeed occur in airing order, after Order 66.

Revanfan1 and al patrickson like this.
  18. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    The Muuns talk like kids pinching their nostrils together.

Or ducks.

pronker and Revanfan1 like this.
  19. Master Kinard

Dec 30, 2013
    OR it does indeed take place BEFORE "The Unknown" so it hasn't been decapitated yet! =]

20. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Surprisingly good arc. I wasn't expecting much as it seemed to be just another "political" arc and I dreaded the return of Clovis. However, for one of the few times in Star Wars, they actually made the politics interesting. I was very pleased. And that ending was dark...

21. Weechee

Weechee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 12, 2013
    It was not definitive, but the scene where Obi Wan mentions Satine did not seem like she was dead already (but others might read it another way). That is about the only indicator of chronology i picked up on in the first viewing. I think it is before Season 5 but it doesn't look like it will matter where it goes because it seems to work well enough where it is in S6. After watching it just the one time though I am guessing it goes sometime after S4 "A Friend in Need" but before S5 "The Lawless".

22. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I wasn't expecting this arc to be very good but I was left pleasantly surprised!

It didn't feel like anyone won at the end of it (which is refreshing), and the way they showed the Republic in a less-biased and more neutral light was really interesting. I just had some trouble following all the machinations and plot details, but that might be because I'm a simpleton lol.

Next up is the Bardotta Duology, not expecting much from this one either, but the Clovis episodes surprised me so maybe it will too!

23. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: why didn't Anakin just use the Force to catch both Padme and Clovis, like Ventress did with the redshirt Nightsister duo in "Nightsisters"? If he had only wanted to catch Padme, he didn't need to grab them both with his physical hands. That he did suggests he was trying to save them both.

pronker, Revanfan1 and Master Kinard like this.
  24. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Well Clovis insulted him during their fight saying can't you do anything without the force like a man?

25. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's been a while since I've seen Nightsisters, but didn't Ventress just slow their decent enough to land safely rather then bring them to a complete stop?

credar likes this.