main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clovis Trilogy (6.05-6.07) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 5, 2014.

1. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014

Was it in any other episodes do you know?

2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Wow, Thorn did...just about nothing. Remind me why everyone was so excited about him again? He was just Captain Keeli 2.0.

Great arc, though. These are some of the best political episodes the show's produced to date.

3. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Finally got to see the third episode.

Whatever
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.
    The Senate is still a reactionary herd of timid, self serving fanatical patriots.

Terrible
    Dooku kicks a dead clone's head.

4. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I wasn't sure what to expect from this arc but I thought it was great. Maybe the best pure political episode.

The last couple of minutes of the first episode, with the snow sled sequence was fantastic.

A very interesting look at the Anakin/Padme relationship and Anakin is in a dark place here. That beatdown of Clovis was intense and there going at it over Padme was somewhat hilarious. Cool seeing Embo. Cool seeing Padme and Dooku share a scene together, they haven't interacted much.

One of my favorite scenes was definitely the Anakin/Obi-Wan scene where Obi-Wan finally addresses Anakin's relationship with Padme. Also cool seeing Anakin's room.

Clovis's backstory with him being raised by the Muun was interesting. His character worked here.

Loved the design of Skippo (was that it?)

I just realized that the Muun remind me of Squidward from SpongeBob.

Revanfan1 and ColemanKcajFTW like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin beating up Clovis was way too over the top. What ever Padme sees in him is beyond me.

The Shadow Emperor and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This was my problem with it. I didn't mind him fighting Clovis but the fight itself was a bit much. Clovis actually fighting back was an amusing twist on it, though; I expected him to be your typical wimpy-fighter prissy man who loves the woman but can't fight for her. It was refreshing that he actually looked like he had fighting experience.

7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Sorry, Padme, you don't "just do business" in that dress.

8. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Padme wasn't just the Queen of Naboo, but also of mixed signals.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He was such a prissy man in Senate Spy that his fighting back surprised me too.

I don't know what either of them see in Padme though, other than looks. The more I see of her in the show, the more I share Obi-Wan's opinion of politicians. This is the second time the woman has stopped just short of prostituting herself "for the Republic."

And I don't think the way Anakin did, I don't think it was an excuse, I believe she genuinely did flirt with Clovis and go to the opera with him and whatever the hell else happened "for the Republic".

But her sincerity doesn't make it any more palatable. Phonies and ass-kissers piss me off.

Oh, and "I don't think we should see each other anymore"? LOL, you're married, it's not quite that simple. It's "I want a divorce" and then a long-ass convoluted process, and since it's TCW, Padme would probably serve as her own attorney.

10. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009

11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, that made me roll my eyes. "I don't think we should see each other anymore" is a line said in a cheesy teen sitcom on Disney Channel, not to a husband from her wife. Can't even blame Disney for that one, because the Clovis arc was pre-Disney. [face_sigh]

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Clovis fighting back was awesome. Still pretty one-sided though. Wasn't he that in the earlier arc? If he hadn't died and we got more stuff I would not be surprised if he helped spread a rumor about the two. That chase scene with Embo was great. The visuals and such were top notch for this arc.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, he was a wimpy priss in the first arc. I always love seeing more Embo though I now slightly begrudge him for killing Teckla. Still, he's pretty awesome and I admit I loved his dog "fetching" his hat for him and him saying, in his own language, "Good boy, Marrok."

cwustudent and Force Smuggler like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Thought so. Han over Anakin and Clovis any day. Embo is probably my 2nd favorite new character in the show after Hondo. I want to see both of them again.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Weechee

Weechee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 12, 2013
    I think she was totally distressed by Anakin's behavior and maybe did think of divorce or seperation, but then they are in a war and when it turns out Clovis WAS a traitor after all she realizes Anakin was right about clovis and her own guilt over trusting him makes her doubt all her negative feelings towards Anakin, in the end though it seems like Clovis loved Padme more or at least in a far less possessive way than Anakin

16. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Clovis was even stupider than I imagined. He was like,

"OMG Jedi can't date! I'm telling everyone!!!!111 *gets beat to within an inch of his life* never mind ヽ(;▽;)ノ"

Like, I really wonder why he thought that would go well for him.

17. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    My thoughts exactly. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with her?

Not excusing how insane Anakin got of course. But Padme is awful with mixed messages.

18. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I've got to stay I enjoyed this arc. It actually surprised me, to be honest, and perhaps many of you as well. I think a lot of us basically wrote it off since we first heard about it, but it's a shame this thing didn't air last season while the stupid Void and Gascon episodes did. I appreciated the effort that was made to weave economics and politics into this episode, after all, they both play a huge role in warfare. A few other things I enjoyed:

--Clovis and his motivation/back story.
    --Loved the "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" inspired residence for Clovis
    --The Embo chase was fun; especially his...hat boarding? lol
    --CIS people who aren't incompetent or mustache twirling villains? We could have used those since day 1 of this show.
    --Everything about Anakin's room, (especially the podracing poster). The room was a phyiscal representation, through material culture, of Anakin's character. Loved all the details (if you haven't already, check out the art that was posted on the official site's episode guide of the room). Anakin tinkering and building/repairing stuff while in a bad or disturbed mood is something I totally picture him doing.
    --Anakin vs Clovis fight (although admittedly, I couldn't help but laugh during some of it).

That said, once more we get Sidious and Dooku with a super contrived and convoluted plot to further their own ambitions and goals. I swear, I don't really think it's cunning that helps them conquer the galaxy, but more so that the Jedi and most of the Republican leaders are just stupid, arrogant, oblivious, or some combination of all three. Ha.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nothing to be ashamed of there. I laughed during all of it.

As far as Anakin, I definitely picture him tinkering when he's in a bad mood. That or throwing ****.

20. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The thing is, Anakin was actually kind of right about Clovis, which is why Padme let him off the hook at the end.

It also proves that their marriage is immature and badly thought-out. What is the plan, anyway? Just to keep sneaking around forever? That's not a marriage. For Anakin to leave the Order once the Clone Wars is over and he's no longer as badly needed? If so, they should have spelled out that plan. Just to keep going and hope for the best?

The problem with Anakin is that he can't leave anything he loves, but sometimes you have to make a decision and go with one over the other. That was what I liked, for example, about the way Kimagure Orange Road ended - Kyousuke finally made his choice, and once he did, he closed the door on the other option. Anakin never did. That was the real problem. He loved the Jedi Order and Padme, Obi-wan and Palpatine, and could never quite close the door on one or the other until it was too late.

His relationship with Padme - with everything, really - was essentially dysfunctional.

And no, she didn't help things either. She was too flirty with Clovis. She was, as Anakin was as well, too wrapped up in her job, and not enough in her marriage. She, who was supposed to be the educated, cultured, and levelheaded one, didn't have any more of a plan for the future than her husband did. Nor did she press him enough about the need for one. She seemed to think she could have everything and not let anything go.

Which is what separates Ahsoka from both of them. Ahsoka finally did let go. Which is why she had, and deserved, a happy ending.

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
  22. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    These were pretty nice episodes. They should've done more political episodes like these with both warzone and senate being seen. Too bad that there is no mention of San Hill or Muunilinst. But of course there can be other IGBC worlds- transactions were probably moved to neutral Scipio after San Hill brought war to Muunilinst and became traitor. It is also crazy that Nix Card were made so much smaller than he was in HOBS and Lott Dod seems to have wrong voice.....
    It is also noteworthy that these episodes were very James Bond-like because of alpine mountains and private residence and that chase down the mountain. Very James bond.

It's also kinda crazy how Anakin and Padmé interact more naturally in this show than in AOTC... it's not a flaw of this show but flaw of PT.

23. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

My guess is Sebulba got beaten by Ben Quadinaros in that race, and Anakin keeps the poster as a memento of Sebulba's continuing humiliation.

Ben's certainly come up in the world, hasn't he?

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    My initial impression of this arc having only watched it twice so far is that it's the only arc from The Lost Missions to actually disappoint me and definitely my least favorite of the four new arcs. Anakin's attitudes about relationships are extremely immature. He acts possessive of Padme. Padme, who's supposed to be the mature one, actually accepts it much of the time. Anakin beating the piss out of Clovis was too much for me, especially in front of Padme. Padme "breaking up" with Anakin was absurd, especially since they never say anything about getting "back together" after that. So it's possible they remained broken up until Anakin found out she was pregnant? That changes Ep. III way too much because why would you be so attached to that person.

I guess I need to give this another chance because I can always find positive things about any episodes (with the exception of Bombad Jedi, Evil Plans, and the S5 WAC arc) and I seem to be one of the most negative about this arc.

25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Loved this arc, but in hindsight, I'm kind of at a loss where this leaves San Hill, if the Banking Clan is no longer neutral, and falls in line now with the Republic, NOT the CIS.

What exactly is he bringing to the table for the Separatists?