main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The code-Viggie on Padme's death, Anakin's perspective

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Livi-Wan, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    This is a short viggie on Anakin's thoughts while Padme is dying. I used the Jedi Code to move through his thought process.

I hope you like it! :)

There is no emotion, only peace.

It seems like time is standing still. I?m trapped. I can?t move, can?t speak, my eyes fixed to the door in front of me. Every nerve in my body seems stretched to hear what?s going on inside that room. I long to be inside, to see my angel, to feel the touch of her hand against my own, to hear her voice soothe my thoughts, but I can?t. I?m shut out. I?ve been shut out a lot lately, and I?m not sure why. Whenever I go to speak to Padme, I can tell that she?s hiding something from me. From me, of all people. But I can?t worry about that now. I won?t. Not while she is suffering.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

But it does seem strange. What could she be hiding? Do I want to discover it? I haven?t let her know, of course, because for her to know would be to lose this whatever-it-is forever, but I can?t help wondering. I don?t like being kept at arm?s length. I don?t like not having control. My life has been in the hands of other people for far too long already. I have to catch my destiny with both hands this time. I?m not letting anyone take it away. When she?s better, we?ll talk. She will get better. I know she will. She has to. What?s the point of sending her to a hospital if they can?t make her better? So, when the time comes for her to be released- and it will come- I will talk to her. Find her secret out.
    She has to get better.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

I mean, why is this taking so long? What?s happening? Why don?t I know? The next person that comes through the door will tell me. They will. Or has something happened?oh Force, please tell me nothing?s happened. I love her so much. We scorch the stars when we are together, and I know its right, deep down, and I feel safe. There hasn?t been much safety in my life recently. When you leave to fight you think it could be the last time. I?ve seen friends, good friends; die in front of me, helpless. Lying there, with no-one to bury them, or even close their eyes. I don?t want to go like that. I don?t want to go at all, really. Death??death is something that happens to other people. Not the Chosen One. Not me.

The door opens, and a medic comes out. Her head is bowed, and she motions for me to step inside. The bed seems dwarfed by the medical equipment and machines, ticking silently to themselves in an endless pattern. I hear the door shut behind me, and walk towards the bed, trying to control my emotions. The sheets are pulled up, over her head. I turn around.
    ?Why did you do that? You don?t want to??
    Suddenly it rushes towards me, an angry red tide of realisation.
    ?NO!? Tears start to make their way in a burning flood down my face. ?She can?t be dead, she can?t die, I won?t let that happen! I WON?T! She?s mine! How dare they take something of mine?? I hear my voice carry on and people rush in, shouting. Something sharp stabs into my arm and the world spins and darkens. I look around the room before it disappears. It?s a funny place, I think distractedly, for angels to come to die.

There is no death, there is the Force.

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    This was so heartbreaking.

You truly captured Anakin's fears - having no control, feeling helpless and afraid.

It?s a funny place, I think distractedly, for angels to come to die.

A beautiful line.

3. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Thanks Gina. That was what I was trying to get, the fear and anger that someone in Anakin's situation would feel. :)

4. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    For angels to come and die.

Powerful words these are. I think you captured his thoughts exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.