main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Colbert Report

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ive_Got_Two_Legs, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Anyone else catch the first episode of this Daily Show spinoff/O'Reilly Report spoof? The episode ended with Stephen Colbert commenting upon how, just as today was the beginning of the show, it was also a new beginning for Peter Meyhew, as he got his American citizenship. He then went on to state that it was the sworn duty of the United States to claim as many of the actors as possible...except for Alec Guinnes, "who died before we could get to him."

He then ended the show with a "goodbye, or as Chewbacca would say it, 'raaaaaaaargh!'"

2. SeventhAngelicSlayer

SeventhAngelicSlayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2005
    Yeah, I saw that, it was great. It looks like The Colbert Report has a lot of potential to be as good as The Daily Show.

3. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I saw that last night too. It was good to see SW "in the news" again :p

Edit: I love how the "t" in "report" is silent, just like the "t" in "Colbert". Steve Colbert and the voice on the ads for the show never pronounce the "t".

4. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    Well, after all, "it's French...bitch!"

5. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    I didn't think he'd be able to that show off. I'm glad to see that I was wrong. I, for one, don't plan on missing an episode.

6. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    I missed it bu I saw the commercials for it. I was hoping it would do well. Colbert is hiliarious and he deserves his own show.

Off topic:

Was the format like the Daily Show, AKA is it a ditto only with Colbert?

7. SeventhAngelicSlayer

SeventhAngelicSlayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2005

It's a lot like it, but there are differences. Colbert doesn't have any correspondents or anything, it's all just him and, eventually, his guest for the evening. At the beginning of the show, he has a segment called 'The Word' that's a blatant spoof of the start of The O'Reilly Factor, it's hilarious. All in all, so far it's obviously a lot alike, but there are a lot of differences, too.

8. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    Plus there's the tie-in to the Colbert Report at the end of the Daily Show, now.

Back on (semi) topic, there was another Star Wars reference at the end of last night's episode. When comparing American and English spelling/grammar, Colbert said somehtign to the effect of, "Although they invented the English language, this time, the apprentice truly has become the master."

9. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah great show. Haven't missed an episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.