main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL The Collecting Contingent

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm not going to go into a big introduction here, but this is a spot for Collectors to discuss their "trade." I can't say how other threads might form, but this is a small inroad into what was "Watto's JunkYard" on the other boards. Sigh.

HasbroToyShop.com is offering free shipping on orders of $50 or more thru 26 October with the code SWFREESHIP. While there's not a great selection of items most of us don't alreads have, I did find a few things some people might want to pick up. Several of the Battle Packs are there for $19.99 (most retail stores sell these for $22.99-$25) and they have 2 styles of Darth Tater t-shirts that might blow up your blouse. The deals are fair and the free shipping might be just the ticket if you were looking to send toys to someone else this season (just don't wait past the 26th!). -Campbell

2. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    :_|
    I miss our cozy Orlando Board....

3. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Indeed.
    Found: Walmart Kirkman has the big titanium Gunship and the X-Wing. I bought the former- both are $19.99.

4. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    The board is gone, but there are other cozy possibilities . . . (see "Roll Call" thread for info!).

:)

L8r

5. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Nothing particularly rare, but Targets have a lot of RotS toys 10% off through tomorrow. Also, take a look in the Xmas sections for quite a selection of inexpensive Adler ornaments. Mostly in multi-packs I've bought about 10 so far. Each is generally $3-$5- a lot cheaper than Hallmark. -Campbell

6. kyzman99

kyzman99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    I picked up a Yoda snowglobe at Target a couple of weeks back. I don't remember if I ever posted that...oh well...

I am guessing the MR Anakin FX Sabers just came out? I was in Best Buy earlier and 4 people were on line buying them at the same time. I thought it was a little bizzarre?!?

7. Padawan_Tai-lin

Padawan_Tai-lin Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    I got a look at the Titanium Series. Very nice!...and very detailed!
    Casselberry Walmart has a bunch right now if anyone is interested.

8. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Titanium series--what are the dimensions on these? Are they large scale or small like pewter figures? We went looking for them yesterday, no luck close to home (Target Fashion Square, Wal-Mart S. Semoran).

9. Padawan_Tai-lin

Jul 13, 2005
    The Titaniums are small scaled. They're in a (rough estimate) 10x12 box. But I liked them. The Walmart in Casselberry has a kiosk just for SW in the toy section and that's where I found them.

10. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    There's also a smaller scale of 20-30 ships that are an extension, and partial re-release of the old MicroMachines metal line. These are typically 2-2.5 inches long.

I participated in a focus group at Celebration III with Hasbro (I even had to sign a confidentiality agreement) regarding the future of the die-cast series of Star Wars toys. Nice to see these things on the retail shelves finally. -Campbell

11. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Are the smaller scale ones also Titanium series? I only saw one set on the hasbro website. 10x12 sounds like a big box for a die-cast! I was wondering if these ships would fit in the display case we're having made for Scott's lead and pewter ST ship collection. ;)

12. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I believe all the die-cast metal offerings by Hasbro will be under the Titanium banner for a while. The 2 deluxe ships currently available are 8"x9" box and are about 7 inches long at their longest point.

Wal-mart Kirkman had tons of Grees and Blys this afternoon. -Campbell

13. Padawan_Tai-lin

Jul 13, 2005
    If anyone is interested in Master Replicas, they are having a surprise sale on a bunch of merchandise Nov 1st 9am Pac. time (12 noon for us)

I'm still waiting for my Mace Windu FX saber!

See ya!

14. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Thanks for the reminder!

I just received several books: DRESSING A GALAXY, CREATING THE WORLDS OF SW: 365, The ULTIMATE VISUAL GUIDE, and WHERE SCIENCE MEETS IMAGINATION. I also just got 6 Japanese mini-Helmets and some cell phone straps featuring cute Bear figures of Fett, Vader, and a Stormtrooper. Whew, gotta cool down this smoking credit card. -Campbell

15. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001

16. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Star Wars Foosball! Tables are found at Wal-mart (I saw them on Kirkman) and retail for a hair under $55.

17. Padawan_Tai-lin

Jul 13, 2005
    Hey Campbell

No, I didn't find any sales on MR! I thought it was just me! But, my Mace FX saber is on it's way......Yea!!! It should be here on Wednesday.

18. AszmianhJoonaa

AszmianhJoonaa Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    WHAT??!! You mean MR actually has them and are shipping them out? The website still says 'available this winter"?? Dnag, if thats the case, I'll have to put my order in, I've been waiting for one for ages!!

Hail to the purple blade!!

MTFBWY,
    Aszmianh Joonaa

19. Padawan_Tai-lin

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, I placed my order back in July. So, I've been patiently waiting for the "purple one" all this time. I hear next year MR is making an Obi-Wan FX saber! Now THAT is one I definitely am looking forward to :)

See ya!

Jessie

20. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    What's an early bird kit?

And I still haven't seen the Titanium series at my Wal-Mart. :(

21. kyzman99

kyzman99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    My Unleashed Vader from Best Buy arrived today and it is simply bad ass! Although the figure is the same as the regular card, the packaging is really nice.

22. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    EBKs are plastic encased giant cardboard envelopes with a few stickers, a cardboard backdrop for the first 12 and most-importantly a certificate that you mail in for Hasbro to send you the "first" four figures from their new SAGA line. It's great for some of us, but to the average Wal-mart customer it didn't fly. It's a near-exact replica of a gimmick made by Kenner in 1977. Basically, the powers that be didn't think the movie would generate enough interest to support toys. By the time they realized it could, it was too late to develop and market toys and get them on shelves by Christmas 1977. In lieu of this, they sold this kit so parents could put something under the tree with a promise that 4 action figures would be in the mail early in 1978.

It's a story that collectors have heard for years and replicated in a pop-up exclusive Wal-mart and Hasbro pulled out of the hat this year for the April release of the RotS toys. -Campbell

ps- It costs $30 and the four figures are the same as the four offered the first time around: Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, and R2-D2.

23. kyzman99

kyzman99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    My EB figures came in the mail today. I have to say...giant disappointment. They look nothing like the original Kenner figures, and instead are of the more cheap variety. If people are considering picking up the EB kit for the figures, and not the packaging, I'd have to say PASS!

24. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Kyle, thanks for that last tip. I can't find anything at my local wal-mart. Is all this stuff usuallly in the same section as the figures, etc.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.