main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Collector's Tapcafe

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    oh, I see, so Red Dragon is pretty much like high school?

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Pretty Much

3. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Bartender, a round of drinks on me. It's time to celebrate.

Ok, it may be little premature. But it deals with Christmas. My wife called her father this morning to tell him what they could get us for Christmas and she told him to get me a gift certificate to Wal-Mart or one of the local toy stores to buy Star Wars stuff. ANd he said that would be fine.

I love my wife (for several reasons as well.)

So, come December, I may have a new list of acquisitions.

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ You are lucky. Whenever people ask what I want for Christmas/Birthday's etc, I tell them Star Wars toys. They just laugh at me and think I am joking. Then they go out and buy me purses, jewelry, or perfume instead. First of all, I am allergic to perfume (strong smells give me a terrible headache), I don't wear jewelry, and I have a whole closet load of purses I don't need already. Why don't people listen?!?!?!?!?!?

5. Orange_Sith

Jul 7, 2002
    perfume makes me faint, IMO you have it lucky

but for my birthday last month i got the greatest stuff:

a RAMONES t-shirt, a Joey Ramones poster, the Saga landspeeder, the Saga chewie, and 50 bucks! and that was just from my parents

6. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Thanks MJF.

The best part about it is my wife has really come to accept my collecting. In fact with this she is basically encouraging it.

She said earlier this week that she had an idea of what to tell her parents to get me, and she said she wanted it to be a surprise. Then, this morning, she figured she would go ahead and tell me because she figured I would forget by December.

Sad thing is, she may be right.

Plus, last night when we went out with a couple of friends for dinner, she told me a recent story. She and some co-workers stopped by the house so one of them could use the bathroom. Upon returning to the car, her co-worker said "Your husband sure likes to collect toys doesn't he?" referring to my figures on the entertainment center. I have never been so proud to have a toy collection in my life.

Plus, I just downloaded a good 3D Star Wars screen saver.

I'm just giddy right now.

7. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    My dear friends,I was at the Mall today. I was looking for Teh Gunship. They didn`t have it (Damn Orland Square). So I walked into the video retailer,and said What the Hell I`ll buy some DVDs. I reserved AOTC,and bought The Scorpion King. This has really been a great weekend.I was able to rent Nosferatu,and Blade II,plus get 2 DVDs.Even though I didn`t find Teh Gunship.I had a really fun time.

8. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Being able to rent/get into/ and purchase R rated movies was the best thing that ever happend to me :)

9. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    I was able to do that at the tender age of 10.I remember it well.Scream it was a slasher flik I`ve loved ever since.They didn`t even care.

10. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Well yeah I bought The Rock at Walmart and wasn't old enough, the lady misread my drivers liscence and thought I was already 17 but was only 16 :) Life is good

11. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    They didn`t even ask me. Theyre like "Would you like a gift certifcate for your next purchase?" That`s all they said.

12. Orange_Sith

Jul 7, 2002
    most R rated movies these days include nudity, despite being male, i still find that very unkind to women who want to see a good gory thick, rich, plotlined R rated movie

13. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Well a friend and I were waiting for the sneak preview of "The Road to Perdition" to start and we walked into the theater but didnt know what movie was playing...The theater was pitch black and couldnt even find the screen. Finally after we rounded the corner, we saw a girl walking around a corner on the screen, Suddenly Michael Myers face filled the screen to the sound of a Hideous scream. My friend and I who didn't even know what movie it was FREAKED out and screamed like little girls and ran from the theater. Funny thing is that the next day I saw that movie and wasnt scared at all... hehe :)

14. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Sure Postie sure.
    Mike Myers isn`t scary.I have seen all the slasher movies except Freddy.I`m dying to see Jason X.

15. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    no its not scary but we didnt even know the movie, and it was pitch black, I'm sure we looked halarious...

Its like that website....gotta find it

16. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
  17. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Sorry Postie I was just playing with ya.It is kinda stupid that they made a new one.I mean wasn`t he decpated in Halloween Water? I love my sense of humor.

18. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Well... Technically he wasnt decapitated...

19. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Yes he was. Jamie Lee Curtis cut his head off with an ax.

20. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    There are a few people I know who are a little down and I thought this might cheer them up or just make you smile. :D
    I was going to post this the other day, but it would've been off topic anywhere but here. :p (Thanks MJF)
    I [face_love] That 70's Show and my Favorite episode is Star Wars one of course, what follows is a quote from Eric Forman excitedly retelling parts of the movie he saw the night before to his disinterested mother and sister over breakfast.

" AND THEN! They go into this bar AND There are all these space creatures! AND THEN! Someone makes the mistake of picking on Obi-Wan Kenobi! AND THEN! He takes out his Lightsaber, AND he goes WHOOSH, AND He chops this guys arm right off!! .... Cause it's a saber, Made out of light!" ;) His Mom replies "That doesn't sound like a nice movie" :p

Later on in episode after he's had the SW dream he punches this kid (Who played Vader in his dream)who's trying to steal his girl right in the nose, The kid holds his nose and started breathing like Vader cause his nose is broken, he he. :) Very silly. :p
    I love that show, it's Great too that Kelso is the one who wants to see SW over & over. :D :D :D

P.S. Going to see Red Dragon at 9:00 pm (EST) tonight! He He

21. Clone_Commander_

Clone_Commander_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Hi.I will have a vader aide if have some please.lets play a game. star wars figure guessing game!I'll go first,I am a human.You can see my face,but its mostly covered up a lot.Who am I?(This is so fun)

22. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Still no $100 Artoo. :(

Bartender give me something stronger than Blue Milk. What do you mean you need to see my Identification?

* waves hand*

You don't need to see my identification.

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Clone commander, cool game, can we ask questions of you, like 20 questions? Is the figure male or female? If you said Female I would guess Zam Wessel, even though she isn't really human, she looks human.

24. Clone_Commander_

Clone_Commander_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Thats a good idea MJF!The figure is male.Okay,start questioning!

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay, what movie is the action figure from? If you say ESB, I would guess Dengar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.