main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx The Collector's Thread (SEE LATEST POSTS)!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEE COME!

;)

2. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    OKAY GANG! GOT THE DECEMBER 13TH TIME INFO!

Toy Anxiety "Toys for Tots" event
    Saturday December 13th
    Store is open from 11am - 6pm
    Festivities will start at 11am and wind down about 3 or 4pm.

I will be there around 10:45 or so to suit up and unload what toys we've collected! (150 or so!) See the TFT Thread for other details!

-LP

3. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I posted this in the TFT thread as well but in case you read this first...

"At last count we have exactly 140 Toys! I'm gonna clean out a few more items from my collection and see where that brings us. Be sure to let me know at the event if you bought anything more to donate so we can add it to our PFF total!"

PS. Tomorrow starts the Holiday shopping madness! If you see any good toy deals, let us know so others can partake! :) Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! :)

4. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I did not find it through painstaking work but I bought the Sith Apprentice, Asajj, at a collectors show in LA.

5. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    thats cool. I hope you got a good deal on her. :)

6. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Not sure. I paid $1 over retail price.

7. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Jada wants to exclusive Target ROTJ Leia on a speeder. Is Jada gonna pay 46.88? No way!

8. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    $1 ain't bad at all! Good Work Chewie!

I saw the new A-Wing Fighter with Pilot at Target on sale for only $18.88! Not bad at all!

PS. I'm still trying to Find Durge (single packaging) and Asajj Ventress. If anyone finds an extra one, let me know. :)

9. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Hey everybody! I hope you all had a happy Life Day... or, uh, Christmas! Anyway, I was at TRAGET today and found that ll their SW Figures were marked down to 3.39! Not bad. Only problem is that they're probably ones everybody has already. Anyway... HAPPY HUNTING! :p

10. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    hey LP, if you still need those 2, i can pick them up and them them to u. we keep gettign them around up here. PM if interested.

11. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks but as it turns out I already found those two. I just forgot to mention that I had. Thanks though! :D

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    any time. Ptown seems to have a lot of the new figs.

13. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Star Wars figs at TARGET on McClintok & Baseline are only 3.39 still. Not a lot of selection though. :(

14. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Picked up some SW collectabiles once again at the Frank and Sons show in Los Angeles over the Xmas holiday.

I bought:

A Kubrick (sp?) Sand trooper
    A Boba Fett Unleashed
    An X-Wing Fighter

15. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    Attention Collectors. I have figures for sale ill have a list of what i have as i get to them over the next week(s) as i pack and repack my stuff for my next move.
    Id rather see one of you all get them as opposed to selling them on ebay.

random figures included are mostly of the newer series.

make me an offer when i list them and im sure ill bite

16. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
  17. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I know, I read this too... Interesting. Though, I must say it makes a great deal of sense to me... I'm sure to some degree SW Legos and other movie Legos were quite cool and purchased by collectors and some kids but I've seen more of those things in the bargain bins in just about every store I've ever visited. (Sigh) Maybe this is a good thing for Lego. :( THEY seem to think so anyway...

18. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek:

19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    WHAT!!!!!!!! Oh, well, I guess I'm gonna have to do custom set requests! :D

20. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Yet again, more news pasted from TFN. Some new Lego news! Good from what it sounds like! :)

LEGO Addresses Their Star Wars Plans
    Mon, Jan 12, 04 08:44:14 PM EST

With all the LEGO reorganization and refocus news in the past few days, Jake McKee from LEGO has been working to get news out today addressing their plans. Here's the news he wanted to pass along...

From Jake McKee
    In the last few days, I?ve seen much discussion, and recevied many questions about the future of the company. As you probably saw/heard, 2003 was a rough year for the LEGO Company, for a number of reasons. Kjeld has retaken the helm, and has said that we are returning to ?our core?.

Rest assured, ?our core? simply means our toy business. Which is to say, our toy product lines present and future.

Licenses

Harry Potter and Star Wars are NOT going away any time soon. Licenses are not going to stop, simply continue to improve. We have to take (and have taken) steps to ensure we manage the peaks and valleys that licensing brings with it (Movie years vs. non-movie years, for example). We are still going to be going after the top licenses with the right brand fit.

In fact, we have announced what I think is going to be a great license today:

Dora the Explorer

Mindstorms

Mindstorms is not going away, but may continue to evolve. Like all technology products, Mindstorms will continue to grow and improve as consumers gain new technology knowledge and technology itself continues to get better and smaller.

WWYM Line

Another fear I?ve heard is that the ?What Will You Make?? line is going away. This is not true, and the 2003 product line showed great success and potential. Stay tuned for more great WWYM products in 2004!

More information will be forthcoming, as the changes progress.

Thanks!
    Jake

--- Jake McKee
    Community Development Manager
    LEGO Community Development
    I'd like to thank Jake for letting us pass this along to everybody

21. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    YAY!!! legos are saved!!!! happy dance!

22. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Not really "Collecting" related, but the KB in the Arrowhead Mall had the "Star Wars Life" bored.. I mean board game on sale for only $4.99. I now know why it was on sale... maybe it's more fun with 3-4 players. ??

Collecting related, the Target at 7th st and Bell had the Clone Wars cartoon figures: Anikin and Mace.

23. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Yay! Clone Wars Figures! I'll have to drop by Target tomorrow on my day off! :)

24. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    More CLONE WARS figures at the Target on Gilbert and Southern. I didn't see any at the one at McKlintock and Baseline though...

I think they are only doing waves of four at a time. At the moment the only reports I've heard are that the following four are available right now...

Anikan
    Obi Wan
    Mace Windu
    Asajj Ventress (Who looks sooooooo cool!) :D

25. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm not sure if you found and bought them or not. Did you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.