main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx The Collector's Thread (SEE LATEST POSTS)!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    No luck in CO, we are having to order them off the internet :( I just have to have them & can't wait any longer.

2. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Chewie: What's in the Imperial Forces set?

3. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Poodoo! I'll just have to break down and pay the extra money at Toy Anxiety... (sigh) Oh well, it's still a good excuse to go there! :D

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    ok, someone down here was looking for a 12 in fig of padme from EPI. who was it and which one? cause i just was at KB and they have both of them for dirt cheap.

EDIT one was the big red dress one, and the other was the stuff wshe wore in the swamp, and it also has somethign on the box of doing a bunch of diff hair styles.

5. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    kreleia was looking for one of the 12 in Padme dolls, but neither one of those is the one she wants if I understand your description correctly anyway. She wants the one in the senatorial dress...the one with the head dress that looks like two big down-turned horns.

The ones you described (the swamp outfit and the dress with the light thingys right?) are the ones at my local KayBee too.

6. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I went on the hunt again yesturday for the new 3 3/4" figures... no luck. This is getting strange...

7. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Same here...no luck.

However, I did get the interactive R2-D2 for $51.00 on eBay brand new. YAAAY!!!

8. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, still nothing new but I was at Kay Bee and all figures are buy on get one freee right now and all deluxe figures are 50% off! Go check it out. Some of the earlier figures (ep.2) are turning back up stangely enough... Kit Fisto... Capt. Typho.

9. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    At the Greenbacks on Mcdowell and Miller in Scottsdale, they have some of the EP1 KFC toys. They only have "Naboo".

10. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    target by me finally put out more figs. but i missed anything new.. :(
    just had a bunch of clone pilots
    and the crappy repackaged EP1 yoda

11. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Feldman! My Target isn't getting anything. If you see the repackaged Yoda, pic my up one and I'll pay you back. I resorted to getting Barriss Offee at TOY ANXIETY today.

I Spoke with Ron Lewis over TOY ANXIETY this afternoon (A guy I always trust in the name of Star Wars collecting), he says that there is a big problem right now with how much the toy stores and other toy retailers (Target, Walmart, etc...) have in stock and they are having a hard time liquidating them. Hence the BUY ONE GET ONE FREE at KB toys right now. Kenner has the toys ready to ship and in some cases already have. The problem is that not enough stores are ordering from Hasbro. There's the update on that.

Toy Anxiety has been getting some of the newer stuff in lately since they order right from Kenner. Only thing is, you'd be paying about twice as much. But for those of you with the cash and lack of patience, go for it! :D their site is WWW.TOYANXIETY.COM

12. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    will stop there before work.. if its there its yours LP. Just pay me at the meeting :)
    yeah, Ron knows his stuff.lol

sucks that we arent gettin them.. i will be patient!
    (somehow)

13. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks bud! :D

14. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    sadness.. no new figs! sorry man!
    wish i woulda known you still needed that one!
    :(

15. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    The ONLY new one I have right now is Barriss Offee. Any will do at this point. Thanks for looking again though. Keep those eyes pealed people!

PS. Kay Bee and Fiesta Mall's SW selection is starting to drop rapidly. I hope this means new Figures soon! I'm not sure but I know they tend to get their trucks in on Tuesdays or thursdays.

16. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I was at Walmart at Priest and Elliot in Tempe and came accross the Clone Trooper Pilot Wave. I picked up a couple extra Destroyer Droids with firing missiles. If anyone needs these, PM me. You don't see these ones many places right now. At least not in my neck of the woods. ;)
    My guess is that this was a box they had in the back for a while and was waiting to put out. Never give up! Keep looking!

17. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    To whom it may concern...

In my quest for disney park music I came across a place to order the star tours figures from Disney

The Laughing Place Store

From what I've found, this is a very large, well traveled, and reputable site.

18. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks Void!
    Anyone do any hunting this weekend? Any successes? I wasn't able to stop by Kay Bee this week. Maybe next week. My Walmart, like I said earlier, had the clone pilot wave but that was all. May the Force be with You, collectors!

19. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    I shall be stopping by my local Kay Bee tonight...and possibly cleaning out the remaining LEGO SW sets they had the last time I was there. I still have no idea what to do with the army of boxed Droid Fighters I procured last month, however.

I also just picked up a 12" AT-AT Driver and a 12" Snowtrooper on eBay for super cheap, and an EU Dark Trooper and Space Trooper. :D

20. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Cool deal! I also had a nice Ebay find this week: EU Grand Admiral Thrawn for only $5.00! Doesn't get any better than that!

UPDATE: At KB Toys (at least the one AZ Mills) they are still doing the "buy one get another free" on regular SW action figures. But BEST OF ALL, they have their Value Four-Packs down to only $8! So there's one heck of a deal! Also all lightsabers have been marked down from 25 bucks to only 18! Good deals! I didn't check the 12" figs. Sorry :(

21. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Thanks for the tip LORDPARSEC, I stopped by the KB up here at the PV Mall, and picked up *cough* 4, 4-packs. Heck, you can't beat $8 a pop!!!

22. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    I still need an Ephant Mon 4" to finish by EII collection. I cant seem to find it anywhere.

23. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Here ya go Master: Found an Elephant Mon on eBay... Click here.

24. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    I just dont feel like opening an Ebay account just for that.

25. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    MASTER - I would give TOY ANXIETY a call. AT least they can keep their eye out for one!
    www.toyanxiety.com

They're dealers but they're among the cheapest dealers I've worked with. They're cool! :D

PS. (Sigh) 99th post... missed the 100th by one....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.