main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx The Collector's Thread (SEE LATEST POSTS)!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    THE NEW FIGURES ARE SHOWING UP!!! WAHOOO!!!

Okay, I was at the Kay Bee Toys in AZ Mills yesturday and picked my up a ton of new figures! Here's what I found...

*Yoda with Youngling
    *Youngling 2-Pack
    *Bariss Offee
    *Han Solo - A New Hope (New Packaging)
    *Clone Wars Seperatists Droid Army 3-Pack
    *Destroyer Droid Battle Launcher

They also had Princess Leia and Darth Maul in the new packaging but I found them earlier int he week at Mesa Kay Bee. They're out there! Happy hunting!

By the way, Mesa Kay Bee usually gets their toy sipments in on Tuesday and Thursday. This doesn't mean they will get SW stuff that day, but it's always worth a try.
    Be on the look out now for the following as well...
    *ARC Trooper
    *Jedi Knight Army (Jedi 3-pack)
    *Clone Trooper Army (3-pack)

2. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    gotta love generic jedi figures, i WANT that jedi knight 3 pack.

3. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Personally, I don't know how 3 of anything counts as an army... maybe to 1 person or something... or a very small country? Never mind. :p

4. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    The KB in the PV mall had new stuff:
    *Clone Wars Seperatists Droid Army 3-Pack
    *Destroyer Droid Battle Launcher
    *Princess Leia
    *Clone Trooper Army (3-pack)

I picked up Leia and 2x Clone Trooper Packs. :)

I checked Arrowhead and Metro Malls, nothing there yet.

5. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    got new figs at target near me..
    aayla secura
    destroyer droid launcher
    new fett(sarlacc)
    snowtrooper

6. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I haven't seen the clone 3 pack yet or the new fett(sarlacc) and snowtrooper... maybe I'll go hunting tomorrow after work.

7. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I am seeing many clones for only 2 bucks at the various Kay Bees right now if anyone is trying to boost their army... :D

8. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    Which KB did you see the clones? You can NEVER have too many clones in your figure army. :)

9. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Both KBs had them (AZ Mills and Fiesta). I also found the Clone 3-Pack today at Fiesta Mall.
    I'm considering proposing an idea about a head start on Novembers TOYS FOR TOTS drive out at TA. I think it would be cool if we collected money at the next PFF meeting to go grab as many of those two dollar figures as possible and stock them away 'till the drive? Sound like a cool idea? Let me know, I'll also run it by Void! Should be easy to do.

10. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    good idea LP.. im in for a few..

11. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Well fellow collectors, I had some pretty interesting finds the last week.

On Saturday, I went to TRU in the Scottsdale Pavillions and I found some Unleashed figures. Newer figures were Luke and Obi-Won. I also found the last Darth Sidious on a peg which I took home with me.

Last wednesday, in LA, I went to a collectible show. I wish we had this here in Phoenix. I might give serious consideration to starting one. There I found all of the new figs and the council set. Since this was the after market, they were all marked up. I managed to purchase a ROTJ Darth Vader w/removable Helmet. I am disappointed now that I did not buy Padme in Wedding dress. Plus I bought some other SW stuff. I'd love to go or else organize a road trip or start our very own collectors show.

12. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    There are always some sort of collectors show going on in the valley or in Tucson. If you're ever into Toy Anxiety, ask them about upcoming shows, they may know of some. :)

Good find Chewie! I found a couple myself this week.
    *Wat Tambor
    *Battle Droid

Interesting thing about the battle droid. He's new but on the Episode II Card. He looks EXACTLY like the first one they put out (backpack seperated in bubble, aiming a gun, electricity running up his arms) with ONE big difference! He's all shot up and RED! Don't over look this figure. I almost did.

PS. Don't forget to grab those cheap Figures at KB for Toys for Tots! The price went back to $3 but still not bad at all! Happy hunting! :D

13. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    Stopped by the Target at the PV Mall on the way home from work. I cleaned them OUT! PIcked up 2 snowtroopers, Han in Hoth gear, new C3P0, and Mynock Chewie. I'm still looking for the Jedi 3-pack and that elusive ARC TROOPER! Grrrr.

14. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    THIS WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING I'D EVER SEEN!!!!!!!! [face_shocked]

Last night, the guy who preached at my church pulled out the:

JESUS ACTION FIGURE!!!!

It has possable arms and gliding wheels on the bottom.

Imagine playing with all your friends and their fighting over the action figures -- this one has the utility belt, that one can fly, that one can melt metal. Then you pull out . . .

THE JESUS ACTION FIGURE!!!!

He's God! He's omnipotent! He can die and rise from the dead!

Now that's an action figure!!!! :cool:

15. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah, I've seen that one. I like the buddy jesus from dogma, that Atomic comics was selling.

16. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    ...oi vey...

I was at Kay Bee in AZ Mills again this morning. Nothing new, but the lightsabers are now attached to three random Star Wars Action Figures. The lightsabers are also marked down 25% so if you buy one with the three figures, it only comes to like 16.20 with tax. Plus you get three figures! So if you want a lightsaber but not the figures, bring them to the meeting Saturday and we'll drop them in the TOYS FOR TOTS bin! Thats what I did!

I know TOYS FOR TOTS is very far, far away, but I am going to be bringing a Rubbermaid bin to each meeting until November! My goal is to fill it each meeting with toys to take in November. Please help out! :)

17. Jedi_Webb

Nov 15, 2002
    I picked up a few 8-packs today to bring for the Toys for Tots drive... The Metro mall has Jango Fett and Darth Vader lego sets on sale. I picked up the Darth Vader Lego set for $25 (originally $50). :)

18. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    SWEET DEAL! I am yet to see quite a few of the new figures... but I'm slowly getting there. Thanks, Webb for getting those figures for the TfT drive!
    DON'T FORGET, I'll have the tubs there collecting toys Saturday. I know you're sick of me reminding you but it's important!

19. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    I'm going to try to swing by KB today.

20. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    How do you all feel about a PFF collectors system where if we have extra money and find a rare fig, we purchase for some one who doesn't have it yet? It might be a good idea if you can afford it, pick an extra fig for a fellow PFFer. We can post what your missing here.

T4T: Will get paid this Friday so I will be shopping for T4T before meeting.

21. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Jada, your Jesus figure reminds me of something similar. I was in a museum giftshop once and saw a fully posable Sigmund Freud action figure. o_O

22. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    freud?? OMG. what waste of money.

23. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Sweet! Thanks Chewie! And yes, I think that would be a great idea. If you have a wish list, feel free to post it here. Just make sure you keep us updated on what you get so we don't over buy! I know there's quite a few I'm still missing but I will post it all later when I'm not so blahhhh from work. :)

PS. Check out Obey's thread about the Glendale Walmart if you haven't yet! Here's the post! Thanks Obey Wann!

POST: I was on my way out to Luke AFB this morning and stopped by the Wal-Mart at the west loop of the 101 and Camelback and saw that they had 2 TIE Bombers and new figs such as the Hoth Han and Snowtroopers. Their numbers were low, but if you're on the hunt for Han, the Snowtrooper or the Luke Throne Room battle (with the left hand painted black (incorrectly)), then you might want to head out to Glendale ASAP.

PSS. Tomorrow is Thursday! If anyone is in the area and can stop into Fiesta Mall Kay Bee toys, they tend to get their trucks Tuesdays and Thursdays. Might also check the AZ Mills one too.

24. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
  25. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks Chewie!

REMINDER: Please bring Toys for tots items to the meeting Saturday! I know you're sick of me saying it, but I want to make sure everyone hears it! Thanks!

LP :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.