main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Whoa, for a millisecond I thought Barry Alvarez was Tressel. No other college coaches are ever allowed to wear red sweater vests. :p

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Evidently some people mistook his name for Clooney yesterday on Twitter and I kept wondering why it was trending. Then I saw the hit on SportsCenter when I went to bed.

Future #1 Draft pick anybody?

heels1785 likes this.
  3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Is it too early for them to start chanting Overrated to Florida?

4. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    I'd hesitate simply because they've been this way all season, playing poorly vs "lower" opponents, but yeah....[face_beatup]

5. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I'm pretty sure I started calling Florida overrated in October when I saw them play Vanderbilt

s65horsey likes this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Unreal! And even though it's the most Sportscenter-y, I've seen better games from him this year just shredding quality offensive lines, especially against UGA and Clemson.

I saw Julius Peppers up close in college, and am partial to him- this kid is as close to Peppers as I've seen, and he is just a sophomore. George Rogers is the folk hero for the University of South Carolina, and perhaps deservedly so. However, I believe that Spurrier's two blue chips, Clowney and Lattimore, are the most talented players in the history of the program, with Alshon Jeffrey not far behind.

Rew likes this.
  7. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Bothered to check. Me in October: "So, went to the Vanderbilt - Florida game today. Is that really what's passing for a top 5 team these days? If it wasn't for an utter self destruction on the part of Vandy, we'd be looking at a defeated #4."

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yep, I agree. And that's not even going into the blocked punt with :02 left to beat Louisiana-Lafayette. They also played horrible against an awful Missouri team and were fortunate to win that one.

Nothing away from Louisville, but UF has an unreliable offense and plays to the perceived level of their competition, I guess, and Charlie Strong hoodwinked them.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm betting there are several defensive minded NFL teams who's staffs were watching yesterday wishing he was already a Junior.

SportsCenter is already calling him an early 2013 Heisman Candidate.

10. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    The Orange Bowl had huge areas of empty seating last night and the upper deck of the Superdome for the Sugar Bowl was half empty. This was unheard of before this year. At least the Rose Bowl, which still somewhat holds on to the traditional Big 10 (+4)/Pac 10, or 12, match-up, had a packed house.

And lol @ Florida.

11. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    That could be a sign of the economy though. There's no way the Standford fans are hurting as much as some of the others are and they had less to travel to get there.

Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    This.

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    LOL @ The Big East.

Two straight "signature" wins in BCS Bowl games ... by teams that are now in the Big 12 or headed to the ACC.

14. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    I don't know about that, because they were saying that Florida sold less than half of what they were allotted for this game. I'm thinking it was more of a case where the match-up was less than glamorous and all the team had to do was show up and accept the Sugar Bowl trophy.

lol

Darth McClain likes this.
  15. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Very nice Fiesta Bowl win for Oregon today. 2 BCS wins in a row!

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    For the record, one-point safeties are cool

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  18. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    This game is going to give me a heart attack.

19. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    WHOOP!!! If there were any doubters after Manziel won the Heisman, I think he convinced them tonight!

20. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    I think it'll be 45-10 Alabama.

21. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  22. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I also thinks it is great Eeth.

23. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    So overrated.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The BCS has got to stop showing reruns if they don't want their ratings to drop.

*sigh*

Oh well. Guess this means the Urban Legend can end the SEC Curse

25. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I got up at 3 in the morning to see this?