main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    That's the third turnover in the first half. I'm gonna start taking shots.

Edit: Whoo! The Wrecking Crew took control and scored!

2. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    CHOMP CHOMP

3. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    And, Rutgers beats UConn today 19-3, giving them a 5-0 record thus far.

Go Knights!

4. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I had a heart attack during the Texas A&M game.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Notre Dame destroys Miami, 41-3! :D ^:)^ [face_dancing]

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Went to the Temple home opener. Big East status is all well and good, but only having games every other week is rather terrible.

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Three of the top 5 go down today, wow. But I don't think Oregon will join them. They are killing Washington tonight.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I never thought I'd see the day when South Carolina laid a 28 point beatdown on the #5 team in the country, 6 weeks into the season. What a job Spurrier has done changing the standards in Columbia- fantastic.

Rew likes this.
  10. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I don't think there's anyway that the AP can conspire to keep the Bucks out of the top 10 now. I ultimately hope to see them win the Big Ten regular season title while two unranked teams play in the conference championship game. :p

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    They had the SCar-UGA game on before switching to the Buckeyes game, and wow - what a beatdown the Gamecocks were putting on the dawgs. Just a beatdown. Wow.

And ... after what could only optimistically called a horrendous first quarter, the Buckeyes managed to roll up 63 points, and look like a semi-competent offense. Holy hell, Braxton Miller is good. So good, I need to say that again. Holy hell, Braxton Miller is good. Liked what I saw in the 4th quarter out of Carlos Hyde - his ability to produce bruising runs and punish a tired defense to close out games is something the Bucks really need in their back pocket. Even if he is pretty much the Homeless Man's Jerome Bettis. Loved seeing Simon come alive with a big game (finally), but I don't like seeing Shazier hurting (again) and the defense that we have when he's on the sidelines.

The road to 12-0 looks pretty clear right now. At Wisconsin and home against Michigan are the two toughest games remaining.

12. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Nice to see them go for it on 4th and put up 7, in contrast to Tressel ball.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    [face_dancing] indeed

Was reading the recap on espn.com, a bit perturbed to see them describe the 80s rivalry as "ancient history"

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Also - before I forget to mention this - did Duke seriously just put a beatdown on an ACC opponent? In football?

Virginia? Really? Wow. LOL @ You.

Rew likes this.
  15. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I really hope Alabama and Oregon stay #s 1 and 2 until the end of the season. That would be an awesome matchup to see in the national championship game. But if either of them loses, then things will be a cakewalk for the other one. And if both of them lose a game, the BCS picture will be so messed up.

16. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    **** yeah! :D

Unbelievable game for the Gamecocks last night. And now #3 in the country! I'm pretty sure they've never been this highly ranked in my lifetime. Unfortunately, we've got to go to LSU and then Florida after this--and we're a much different team on the road. Just look at Vanderbilt and Kentucky. [face_plain]

And the Duke Blue Devils!! How crap, who saw this coming? 5-1 and looking at bowl eligibility, sharing a top-spot in the ACC standings so far and perhaps even aspiring toward a top-25 ranking with another win or two.

College football is looking a lot better for me than the NFL right now! [face_party]

17. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    That Vanderbilt game is why all of this stuff for South Carolina mystifies me. Because I saw that team. Clearly, I need to catch a more recent game.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Good news. The NCAA is really cracking down. They have banned the use of Instagram in recruiting.

19. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yes, evil, horrible Instagram...

20. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    ESPN did a rather lovely profile of Manti Te'o

21. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Holy moly, Duke is beating the **** out of Virginia Tech, and--*checks calendar*--it's not basketball season! [face_hypnotized]

[face_devil]

22. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Lol @ Texas

Come on Aggies!

(mobile sock of s65horsey)

23. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Yeah, I think from now on, I'm going to wait until the end of games to make any commentary. [face_plain]

24. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
  25. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Amazing ending to that Notre Dame-Stanford game.

I think it probably was a Stanford touchdown at the end, but I agree with the call simply because it wasn't really undisputed evidence it was a touchdown.