main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    IRISH IRISH IRISH IRISH!!!! [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

2. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    In other news, I ship Mark May and Lou Holtz. [face_love]

:p

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Carolina fortunate to be ahead, but I hope they win to set up next week against Florida. LSU may get rapped for their 3rd down opportunity misses, but their special teams have been horrible so far, too. That's usually a bad sign.

4. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    oh yeah!!!!

Darthkat76 likes this.
  5. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    So, went to the Vanderbilt - Florida game today. Is that really what's passing for a top 5 team these days? If it wasn't for an utter self destruction on the part of Vandy, we'd be looking at a defeated #4.

6. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    South Carolina lost. Excellent

7. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I have decided I hate east coast time. I couldn't stay up til the end of the Aggie game and it turned out to be a shoot out.

(mobile sock of s65horsey)

8. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I was sort of thinking the opposite of excellent myself. [face_thinking]

9. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Wow, I just caught the highlights of the Stanford/Notre Dame game, and that was a Stanford touchdown on the last play. The officials got that wrong.

10. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Yeah, well there can only be one SEC East winner and I'd rather it not be SCar ;)

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Come back to Colorado!

12. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    First official BCS rankings- If you don't like the SEC, you probably shouldn't look ;)

Note: yes, I'm a Florida fan. I don't think we deserve our ranking though.

13. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I realize Oregon have a reason to complain after last year, but there's also an argument to be made that they (and Alabama) should be ranked lower. The computers would have Florida and ND 1-2. Bama and Oregon are getting the benefit of pre-season expectations. It''s the fundamental problem with thee rankings -- on the one hand, pre-season expectations play a huge role, on the other, how do you really measure strength of schedule? After all, that relies on pre-season expectations (in ND's case, of UM and MSU) as well.

In the end, people need to tune the rankings out until November and see how things play out. Florida has South Car coming, will most likely face Alabama in the SEC Championship game. So one of those two should get knocked off. Oregon has Stanford and USC coming up. Win those games, stay undefeated and you've got a legitimate gripe. On the other, try actually scheduling some decent out of conference games, rather than the likes of Arkansas State, and maybe you wouldn't have to complain in the first place.

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Or maybe it's because two of Oregon's non-conference opponents canceled, so they had to scramble to find replacements on very short notice.

Either way, assuming Oregon wins the rest of their games, they'll be in the title game again, since at least one of the top 2 teams will lose a game before the end of the season.

15. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Not necessarily, depends on who else is undefeated. Given the strength of its schedule, if ND goes unbeaten, they're in the title game.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I have too much to care about to get even a little upset about the first set of BCS rankings. I'll care about the BCS rankings right about the time we know both participants in at least one major conference title game.

yankee is right - if ND wins out, with wins over Stanford, USC, Oklahoma, Michigan and MSU, they are going to the title game. And, I'd like their chances. It would be unfortunate for an undefeated Oregon, who would be left out of an Alabama-Notre Dame title game, but it would be a much better game.

17. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Irish remain undefeated! That was an ugly win, but I'll take it.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Replace "Irish" with "Buckeyes" and that's my sentiments exactly.

19. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Michigan wins #900

South Carolina wrecked 11-44 at Florida [face_dancing]
    Rew ouch ;)

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Congrats to the Duke Blue Devils, who are now going bowling, thanks to their win over UNC.

Rew likes this.
  21. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Yes, that Duke win, against UNC, for bowl eligibility--that is definitely a healing balm after USC's embarrassing performance against Florida today. :D

22. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Apparently the Big 12 are not big believers in defense.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I do hope Tennessee gets out in front of this head coaching search and starts identifying big names sooner rather than later, Dooley will hopefully be going the way of Obama and Romeo Crennel in the coming weeks. Kiffin's timing hurt us last time around, but enough is enough, the program continues to spiral with each non-competitive year that passes. Didn't expect a win against Alabama, but I was hoping we wouldn't embarrass ourselves after last week vs MSU.

24. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    And Rutgers defeats Temple 35-0, giving them a record of 7-0.

RU! RU!! RU!!!

25. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007