main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

heels1785 and DarthIntegral like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    @Rew

OBC sighting at the Carolina Spring game! All hail!

[​IMG]

EDIT THERE'S MORE!

lol @ garcia

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  4. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    @DarthIntegral Know you don't follow NFL so I'll put it here...

There's literally a chance JT Barrett completes a pass to Ted Ginn Jr. this year

DarthIntegral likes this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If you stop watching the Fiesta Bowl / National Championship game after Ted Ginn scores and assume it was a sudden death game, it's a much more enjoyable game to watch. Just FYI

LloydChristmas likes this.
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    But it was an enjoyable rest of the game for this Gator fan. :D

DarkEagle likes this.
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Hmmm, what does this "report" button do? [face_whistling]

8. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Yeah, no :p

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    38 days until kickoff.

Here's some insanity from a **** coach who was once thought to be a great coach.

Brain mashin makes Murica great. This guy's got a job waiting for him at DHHS in don's cabinet.

10. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Edit: Nevermind. Talking about wrong coach.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  11. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Just found this.

I was born in Huntsville, AL, and went to the University of Texas at Austin for my BA and the University of Hawaii at Manoa for my MA.

I’m a huge Crimson Tide fan. We’re living in a Golden Age. I also pull for UT. Too bad Colt McCoy got hurt. That’s the breaks and I’m ashamed of Longhorn fans who use that as an excuse. I couldn’t care less about UH. To their credit, in Franchione’s last game they made us work for it and beat us the following year in Shula’s Last season.

Roll Tide!!!
    Hook ‘em Horns!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Ahhh hahaha hahaha hahaha

PCCViking, Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @DarthIntegral

The playoff system they use in lower college football divisions is actually really cool IMHO. But it is a bad idea for D-1 especially since I love bowl games even the crappy ones. The four team playoff system seems to be working well so they just stick with it though I would argue the +1 they did from 2008-2014 worked as well. You ultimately got the best two teams playing in the last game of the year and that is what ultimately matters. \

Cannot believe it's only 33 days or so until the season kickoffs. I am too excited for it especially since will be moved by then! =D=[face_nail_biting]

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I have no idea why you tagged me or what your response has to do with my post

15. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Brett McMurphy has a fair bit of evidence showing that Urban Meyer was likely aware of the domestic abuse committed by Zach Smith despite recent denials.

(on mobile, sorry for no links)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Looks like it's about time for Urban Meyer to schedule another heart attack.

DarkEagle likes this.
  17. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Only if he plays Alabama anytime in the near future.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    While it should be an Urban Meyer problem, the reality is that it it won't bring about NCAA sanctions or violations, and therefore is unlikely to make Ohio State pressure him into anything significant. He'll likely end up doing some kind of program wide counseling/training on Domestic Violence, donate to the local shelter, and keep his job. That's just the way the world works, unfortunately.

heels1785 likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    If the NCAA won't do **** about a college covering up football players raping women, they definitely won't do jack about domestic violence.

20. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Payton never got in any trouble. Why should anyone else?

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  22. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Meyer has been put on administrative leave while an investigation happens

I'm actually leaning more towards him being pushed out. OSU currently has 2 ongoing investigations into coaches sexually abusing players, now this? Not an overall good look for the university. Plus, it looks like this may have been more than just a denial and cover-up to protect an assistant- if the allegations of intimidation and pressuring Courtney Smith to drop charges stick, then I think he's gone.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Faux Pelini is the greatest thing to ever happen to college football

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    13 UNC players suspended for selling shoes

I only had two thoughts, neither of which had to do with NCAA rules in place about profiting off being a college football player.

1. Who the hell is paying over $1000 for shoes from, well, anyone? Those damn shoes better take off five pounds every time I walk down the street in them and give me extra energy before I would consider it.

2. Chaz Surratt is one of the players. UNC is ****ed.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003