main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Phenomenal sorry story. Caught it on Facebook yesterday. Chatted about it at my local soccer pub tonight

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    How is not doing the game screwing athletes? They didn't get paid anyway.

4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Besides which the games will still go ahead, they're just called 'College Football' instead of 'NCAA College Football'.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It just seems to me that this is the NCAA's way to A)Try and subvert the lawsuits and B)avoid possible future payments to student athletes should a court (or courts) rule that the NCAA have to pay them to use their likenesses in past, present, and future NCAA related games.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

Taken today @ media day.

DarthTunick likes this.
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Just got tickets to go see Ohio State at the 'Shoe. It'll be my first game at the 'Shoe, my first Ohio State game, and my first D-1 college football game.

AND I got the tickets for face value.

Yeah ... I'm a little excited

8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    It's August!

That means THIS month we get college football!

DarkEagle and heels1785 like this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Preseason Top 25:

1. Alabama (58)
    2. Ohio State (3)
    3. Oregon
    4. Stanford
    5. Georgia
    6. Texas A&M (1)
    7. South Carolina
    8. Clemson
    9. Louisville
    10. Florida
    11. Notre Dame
    12. Florida State
    13. LSU
    14. Oklahoma State
    15. Texas
    16. Oklahoma
    17. Michigan
    18. Nebraska
    19. Boise State
    20. TCU
    21. UCLA
    22. Northwestern
    23. Wisconsin
    24. USC
    25. Oregon State

10. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    That's about right for Florida. We had a pretty tough schedule last season, and aside from the Sugar Bowl (don't get me started), the team did better than I expected. In comparison, this season's schedule is rather easy. :p

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    My only qualms are with Oregon and Clemson. Oregon is in for a shell-shock of a season without Chip Kelly, I believe. Clemson is always rewarded with absurd rankings it seems like, even though they play in a glorified mid-major during football season (which transforms into a powerhouse with the round ball).

12. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    prediction: Auburn will finish in the top 25 and Clemson will not

Sandtrooper92 likes this.
  13. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Manziel story

I'm pretty upset by this if it is true. How can he be so stupid?

14. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    When has he not been stupid? He really hasn't handled success very well so far.

He's in for a rough year even if he gets to play. Between having a target on his back and having lost major play makers on the offensive line to the NFL, there's very little chance of him duplicating the success of last season anyway.

15. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Hopefully stupid enough that it costs him a shot at a second Heisman. I want Archie Griffin to hold on to that lone distinction for as long as possible. :p

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Ahh, the NCAA.

Where everyone has the right to squeeze every dollar out of a student athlete ... except that student athlete.

DarthTunick and heels1785 like this.
  17. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    I agree with that to a point. I mean, beyond football and basketball, you'd be hard pressed to squeeze much out of the other sports. :p

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  19. Malthael

Malthael Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2012
    I just heard that a former Marine got denied eligibility to play for MTSU this year because he participated in what was essentially intermurals with his unit. I don't see how that gives him any sort of advantage.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The NCAA overturned that today- would have been a PR nightmare.

I discovered tonight how awesome YouTube is when it comes to full college games. Holy crap, there are a ton on there, and most recent ones in HD.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Arizona's end-of-camp dance off, featuring Rich Rod. Funny stuff.

RichRodriguez likes this.
  22. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I am ready for some Noles 'ball :D :D :D

heels1785 likes this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Rew likes this.
  24. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    I like that OSU was in the top five in 9 of those 12 categories. Hope to keep adding to it.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Good thing for Johnny Football he didn't trade his autograph for tattoos ...