Arena The College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    That's the third turnover in the first half. I'm gonna start taking shots.

Edit: Whoo! The Wrecking Crew took control and scored!
    Last edited by s65horsey, Oct 6, 2012
  2. DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  3. Kenneth Morgan Chosen One

star 4
    And, Rutgers beats UConn today 19-3, giving them a 5-0 record thus far.

Go Knights!
  4. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    I had a heart attack during the Texas A&M game.
  5. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  6. Darthkat76 Force Ghost

star 4
    Notre Dame destroys Miami, 41-3! :D ^:)^ [face_dancing]
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Went to the Temple home opener. Big East status is all well and good, but only having games every other week is rather terrible.
  8. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Three of the top 5 go down today, wow. But I don't think Oregon will join them. They are killing Washington tonight.
  9. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    I never thought I'd see the day when South Carolina laid a 28 point beatdown on the #5 team in the country, 6 weeks into the season. What a job Spurrier has done changing the standards in Columbia- fantastic.
    Rew likes this.
  10. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't think there's anyway that the AP can conspire to keep the Bucks out of the top 10 now. I ultimately hope to see them win the Big Ten regular season title while two unranked teams play in the conference championship game. :p
  11. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    They had the SCar-UGA game on before switching to the Buckeyes game, and wow - what a beatdown the Gamecocks were putting on the dawgs. Just a beatdown. Wow.

And ... after what could only optimistically called a horrendous first quarter, the Buckeyes managed to roll up 63 points, and look like a semi-competent offense. Holy hell, Braxton Miller is good. So good, I need to say that again. Holy hell, Braxton Miller is good. Liked what I saw in the 4th quarter out of Carlos Hyde - his ability to produce bruising runs and punish a tired defense to close out games is something the Bucks really need in their back pocket. Even if he is pretty much the Homeless Man's Jerome Bettis. Loved seeing Simon come alive with a big game (finally), but I don't like seeing Shazier hurting (again) and the defense that we have when he's on the sidelines.

The road to 12-0 looks pretty clear right now. At Wisconsin and home against Michigan are the two toughest games remaining.
  12. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice to see them go for it on 4th and put up 7, in contrast to Tressel ball.
  13. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_dancing] indeed

Was reading the recap on espn.com, a bit perturbed to see them describe the 80s rivalry as "ancient history"
  14. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Also - before I forget to mention this - did Duke seriously just put a beatdown on an ACC opponent? In football?

Virginia? Really? Wow. LOL @ You.
    Rew likes this.
  15. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    I really hope Alabama and Oregon stay #s 1 and 2 until the end of the season. That would be an awesome matchup to see in the national championship game. But if either of them loses, then things will be a cakewalk for the other one. And if both of them lose a game, the BCS picture will be so messed up.
  16. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    **** yeah! :D

Unbelievable game for the Gamecocks last night. And now #3 in the country! I'm pretty sure they've never been this highly ranked in my lifetime. Unfortunately, we've got to go to LSU and then Florida after this--and we're a much different team on the road. Just look at Vanderbilt and Kentucky. [face_plain]

And the Duke Blue Devils!! How crap, who saw this coming? 5-1 and looking at bowl eligibility, sharing a top-spot in the ACC standings so far and perhaps even aspiring toward a top-25 ranking with another win or two.

College football is looking a lot better for me than the NFL right now! [face_party]
  17. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    That Vanderbilt game is why all of this stuff for South Carolina mystifies me. Because I saw that team. Clearly, I need to catch a more recent game.
  18. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Good news. The NCAA is really cracking down. They have banned the use of Instagram in recruiting.
  19. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, evil, horrible Instagram...
  20. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
  21. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    Holy moly, Duke is beating the **** out of Virginia Tech, and--*checks calendar*--it's not basketball season! [face_hypnotized]

[face_devil]
  22. ma_petite Force Ghost

star 2
    Lol @ Texas

Come on Aggies!

(mobile sock of s65horsey)
  23. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I think from now on, I'm going to wait until the end of games to make any commentary. [face_plain]
  24. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
  25. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    Amazing ending to that Notre Dame-Stanford game.

I think it probably was a Stanford touchdown at the end, but I agree with the call simply because it wasn't really undisputed evidence it was a touchdown.