main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2024-25 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Someone tell me there were ACC! ACC! chants after the game ...

2. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Wow. I think I have a new team to add to my favorites list. That Clemson/Georgia game was amazing. Switching over to LSU/TCU, and there's a chance TCU could pull off the upset. Wowzers. :eek:

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

I think Clemson and FSU are very aware that they're the only sharp knives in that drawer.

Rew and TahiriVeilaSolo69 like this.
  4. Thrawn1786

Feb 8, 2004
    I keep hoping Miami (my favorite ACC team, though Clemson might change that) will play respectably again, but it's too early in the season to write them off just yet. Duke Johnson is a beast all the same, and I look forward to watching him.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Miami has a great QB. They could do it, Pittsburgh could be decent, Va Tech..just coming off of such a terrible year last year.

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  6. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Oregon ST. Ouch!!!! That just hurts the PAC 12.

7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    And even SC's defense didn't look that great against the Tar Heels. Of course, Clowney was reportedly getting over a stomach bug during that game.

But yeah, the match-up with Georgia next week just got a whole lot more interesting if you ask me.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Agreed. And Bama's offensive line was offensive. Everyone's got something to fix.

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Just got a chance to rewatch LSU-TCU. LSU is in the same boat as UGA, defensively. Must get better if they're going to challenge Alabama.

Even though they lost, I think TCU will win the Big 12- I never trust Oklahoma, and I think Gary Patterson could outcoach Mack if he were blindfolded. One of the five best coaches in the college game, no doubt about it.

10. Yoda_S

Yoda_S Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 1999
    Love this fake punt from Villanova during its game with Boston College this weekend.

heels1785 likes this.
  11. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I am a relatively calm fellow. That being said, I strongly dislike the University of Georgia, and everything they stand for. Especially their football team, and most of all, their insane fans.

I thus found this delightful, from the UGA Radio Network following the 3 point loss at Clemson:

Mark Richt has led Georgia to back-to-back SEC East Championships, and is 118-41 at the school. He has won the SEC East six times in 13 years, and the SEC Title once. He has won 2 BCS bowl games as well. Half of the teams in FBS would fire their coaches tomorrow if he became available.

Thrawn1786 and DarkEagle like this.
  13. Malthael

Malthael Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2012
    Considering the amount of HS talent in the state of Georgia, and considering the talent stockpiled on the UGA roster, you would think that the Dawgs would have brought home the whole ball of wax at least once during Richt's tenure.

He's a very good coach, that much is for certain. The brass was very wise to retain him even after the 6-7 campaign a couple of years back. But he's the SEC's version of Bobby Stoops - he's almost a lock to win ten games in a given year, but his record in "big" games leaves a lot to be desired. That said, barring a complete meltdown or a major scandal, the job is his as long as he wants.

14. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    I was seriously having a stroke there at the start of the FSU/Pitt game. Now I feel better.

15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll tell ya that Florida State QB looked fantastic. If his career is even half as good as the game he had against Pitt he's going to have a great one.

16. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    Famous Jameis is what they are calling him now.

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I am here to officially endorse the Baltimore football team, which is the favorite and best team in the whole game.

18. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    Wocky. GTFO. This is college football, you tard.

heels1785 and s65horsey like this.
  19. Malthael

Sep 27, 2012
    Too bad Clemson and FSU are in the same division... that game is going to be the de facto ACC championship, and it's going to be a doozie I think. I don't think there's anyone in the Coastal division worth a damn (Ok, so Virginia Tech may turn out to be good, but they HAVE to fix their special teams - that sounds so weird) and those 2 teams probably have the best chance of ending the SEC streak. I'm sort of taking a wait-and-see stane on Oregon and Stanford. The Ducks played an FCS opponent, and Stanford hasn't even played yet. And it may only be one game, but I don't think Ohio State has the *it* factor the aforementioned four teams seem to have. National title contenders should beat Buffalo by 40, not 20.

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  20. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    25 for 27, yeah that turns some heads. Radar anyone?

21. Thrawn1786

Feb 8, 2004

OMG. I hate Georgia so much, so that phone call made my night. I love that the fans are already wanting to get rid of Richt after one loss.

heels1785 likes this.
  22. Malthael

Sep 27, 2012
    That's what it's like to be a fan of a good-to-very-good (but not great) football school. UGA fans are in denial, because they think that they're the equal of Alabama, Florida and LSU, and jealous because those schools have gotten it done whereas the Dawgs have fallen short every year since Richt was hired. The fact of the matter is, they're a second-tier team in a great conference - that's nothing to be ashamed of - but they're just not satisfied with 10-2 seasons and SEC CCG appearances. Even winning the SEC isn't enough for them (and they won it under Richt, twice). Sometimes folks just gotta put things in perspective and be thankful for what they do have, because they still have a lot going for them. Outside of a Nick Saban or an Urban Meyer type, who would improve on Richt's record?

Now Texas and Iowa fans have something to complain about, because their coaches are definitely not earning their paycheck. Richt makes less than both of their coaches and is getting paid pretty close to his actual worth.

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    =

[​IMG]

Yoda_S likes this.
  24. Malthael

Sep 27, 2012
    Man crying in public = permanent man-card revocation

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Anybody hear about the former college players suing the NCAA about them not doing enough to prevent concussions a'la the NFL lawsuit that just got settled?