main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I counted at least two fouls before the game ended:

1) Delay of game penalty on the defense for laying on the ball.
    2) Death penalty due to being too stupid to live on the officiating crew.

jcgoble3 and s65horsey like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Not sure if this would interest anybody, but this is a blog I follow- Coaches Hot Seat Blog

I don't think it's scientific in any way, but it is updated constantly and is generally spot-on with firings. The guy who runs it knows his stuff. I have a feeling Mack Brown will be replacing Kiffin this week at the top.

If interested, you can also look at the contracts of a good chunk of the current NCAA coaches, the ones in states that have laws that make them public.

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Manziel threw for 464 yards, had 98 yards rushing, and 5 TDs. Even with the loss his ego probably didn't take a hit.

4. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I know it really was the worst case senario.

5. Malthael

Malthael Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2012
    I peruse the site, too, it's a decent indicator of who's likely to get whacked, but it's not the be-all, end-all.

For example, Kirk Ferentz was listed at the #1 spot earlier this season, and is still hanging around at #5. He's awful and *should* be canned, but in practice, he's probably got AT LEAST one more season because his buyout is insane. It's something like $15 million and change.

Mack Brown and Lane Kiffin are as good as gone, though. If Bo Pelini can't shore up his defense, he's probably out too.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  7. Malthael

Malthael Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2012
    I don't remember such a weak collective group of CFB matchups - if the best game is ASU @ Stanford, you know you'd rather spend the afternoon with your mother-in-law.

And GameDay is in Fargo today. FARGO.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    North Texas 21, Georgia 21 (3q)

Won't last..but I can give a small lol.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Tarheels are now down a point with 14:52 left in the fourth quarter. We've been ahead the entire game.

Come on guys. [face_nail_biting]

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Just read that we're benching Justin Worley for the game against the Gators, going with Nathan Peterman, redshirt freshman. Translation: we're going to run the ball a ton.

Good luck, Thrawn1786. I don't think you'll need it, you guys have beaten us for like, what, 6 years in a row?

11. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    It's 8 years :D

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Good grief, you're right. Ron Zook was your coach then, and I was a sophomore in college. My, how time flies.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Dawgs and Gamecocks have to be licking their chops watching this offensive juggernaut. Heck, Vandy probably is too.

Vols had -5 total yards and we're still up 7-3 after one quarter.

Edit- This Peterman kid can't throw the ball to save his life. Time for a change.

14. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    This game is awful :(
    7 turnovers in the first 27 minutes

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

Yeah, you said it. Gators will pull away, I have no idea what Butch was thinking starting this kid at QB. He's a horror show.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Good win for the Gators. Driskel is out for the year, I hate it when that happens against us- same deal with Marcus Lattimore last year.

Back to the drawing board for South Alabama. I don't see us competing against UGA, South Carolina, or Alabama, but then we've got some winnable games in Mizzou, Auburn, UK, and Vandy. Circle the wagons.

17. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    56-0 for my Dawgs. That wasn't a football game. That was a bloodbath.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Lots of those this week. Not the strongest matchups.

19. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] I have NO IDEA HOW THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME TWICE IN A WEEK. There is something wrong with the ESPN3 feed and I can't watch the FSU game. This is like last Sunday's fiasco with the Bears/Viqueens game [face_plain] [face_plain]

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    TVS- you may be able to catch highlights on the "Goal Line" channel. They're curb-stomping Bethune-Cookman, so probably won't see many highlights, but I saw a little bit of action from the first half.

21. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I actually ended up missing the first half of the game due to starting a new job today. I'll have to catch the highlights at some point. And though I'm not a Driskel fan, best wishes to him for a speedy and healthy recovery. Having had a few ankle injuries myself, I wouldn't wish that sort of pain on anyone. :(

Luckily, Tyler Murphy looked quite good and performed well under the pressure. Was very impressed with him, given the circumstances.

22. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005

23. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Anyone watching the ESPN special, "Book of Manning"? Very good so far- lots of footage of Archie Manning during his college days. No wonder why my parents have always raved about him.

24. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    On my DVR recorded list. Maybe I'll get a chance to watch it tonight.

25. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Yeah, that was pretty good. I had no idea Archie played most of a season with a broken arm in a cast when he was at Ole Miss.