main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I know South Carolina suffered a stupid loss to an inferior team and all, but still it must be said:

LOL @ Clemson. :p

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  2. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
  3. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Since Jen Bielma tweeted karma after the Wisconsin loss to ASU, Arkansas has gone 0-5. Karma indeed.

Always been a FSU fan glad to see that win. Oregon and Baylor are just unstoppable. Alabama just wins. Missouri is a nice surprise.

Didn't get a chance to watch the Wisconsin game but an argument could be made for Melvin Gordon being the best back in the nation

4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Oregon's coach being a classless punk.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Rutgers got utterly beaten today by Houston, with a final score of 49-14. And there have been renewed calls for changes on the team of Saturday Night Massacre proportions.

6. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Oregon with a beautiful fake punt to help tie the game up. Gotta love trick plays like that!

7. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    FSU plays UM next week. Should be a good game :D :D :D

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Duke beat #14 Virginia Tech today.

[​IMG]

Give me FSU, and trash the rest of the ACC. Give me OSU, and trash the rest of the Big 10. Take Baylor, Texas Tech (because we all know postseason +OU = waste of time), and 3 best teams in the Pac-12 North and the 3 best in the SEC West, unquestionably the two best divisions in the country. There's a great 10 team playoff, and I didn't even need Condoleeza Rice and Archie Manning to tell it to me, nor do we waste our time with junk conferences to make Central Florida feel special. If only it started this year.

jcgoble3 and Rew like this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Ohio State up huge at the half.

Inappropriate to suggest Penn State hit the showers early?

Eeth-my-Koth likes this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Tee hee.

Undefeated Miami against undefeated FSU next week. Hope for a great game and minimal parking lot violence.

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    What a comeback win for Carolina! Mizzou downed at home.

Good night for Rew

Rew likes this.
  12. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Well, that certainly makes up for the loss at Tennessee! Damn, that was one hell of a game, despite the best efforts of the referees to make seemingly every call (and non-call) in the 3rd quarter go against us.

And Duke won too! I was honestly more shocked by them winning at VA Tech than I was USC winning at Missouri (the Gamecocks do know how to win in Columbia after all :p ).

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Style points?

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Darrell Hazell's Kent State team from last year would destroy Purdue. Chalk this career decision up as a mistake.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Poor Northwestern.

Vols hanging tough against Mizzou. Great attitude coming off of the Alabama game.

And cmon, Noles.

16. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Hopefully no one here watched the Florida/Georgia game. Man, that was painful, til the fourth quarter, where it got interesting.

Currently watching the Miami/Florida State game. Fight Canes Fight!

Just not with your fists. :p

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I want to see Alabama-FSU. Nothing against Oregon, Baylor, or OSU, they are all great.

I think this FSU defense could shut down Alabama, and give Saban his toughest test.

18. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    Freakin amazing game!!!

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Stanford's got it. One step closer to FSU-Alabama.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I've got a good feeling my Vols will play well today. If we can hang with Auburn, I'm confident we can get through Vanderbilt and UK to get 6 wins and go bowling!

21. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Manziel over 3,000 yds for the season.

LSU just handed Alabama a gift. Goal line fumble...ugh.

22. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I've never seen two pick-6's in a row before in my life.

Never did I thought I'd see Duke the one to pull it off! But hot dang, the Blue Devils are 7-2 now. Dare I say they will be nationally ranked next week? When was the last time that happened?

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Baylor's signed Art Briles to a 10-year deal. Any deal for that length of time carries skepticism, but he really has worked wonders there, considering where they were. Couldn't beat anyone in the Big XII to save their life, much less raise the funds for a new stadium before Briles and RGIII arrived, now they're #5 in the BCS and building a 250 million dollar stadium worthy of competing with the megastadiums in Texas. Also sitting on a Top 25 recruiting class for next year. Not bad.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Miami's really gone off the rails after losing to FSU. Last week Va Tech, this week they fall by 18 to Duke. David Cutcliffe has done a magnificent job there.

Rew likes this.
  25. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I thought the point of instant replay was to get calls right. That was not a Georgia touchdown. His knee was down before the ball crossed the goal line.