main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Clemson beat Troy by 4 points today, at home.

This is two bad performances in a row for a preseason shoo-in for the playoff.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Kind of feel bad for Oklahoma State. That untimed down shouldn't have been granted

3. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I am ready for next week!

4. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Oh yeah that was a screw up. But like I posted before, CMU's defense actually held the potent OSU offens to 58 yards rushing and 288 passing. Total offense of 346. That is actually pretty darn good if I may say. So you can look at it 2 ways really. 1. Oklahoma State is way overrated, or 2. Central Michigan is better than folks thought?

I'm going with number 2.

5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Big news here in Normal....Illinois State upset Northwestern today! First time our football team has beaten a Big 10 team!

6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, I bet Fitzgerald's seat has just got way warmer.

cubman987 likes this.
  7. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Woot! 30 years of wins against Kentucky

PCCViking likes this.
  8. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    This has been a bad football day for me. :(

9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    That was an incredible finish for Arkansas.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Vols played two and a half quarters of beautiful ball tonight. That's good progress. Offensive line problems seemed to get better after the putrid first quarter, but I suspect bigger changes are coming, and are needed.

Florida concerns me, and of course we get Alabama every year. I hope we can clear the rest of the schedule.

Finally, great effort from my Terriers against Ole Miss today in a 13-38 loss. We've run the triple option for all 28 of Mike Ayers' seasons at the helm, but probably haven't faced too many better teams in that time period than the one we played today. Racking up 305 yards on what is likely to be a Top 10 team by season's end is a great accomplishment. Well done.

11. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm not big into CF, but... Arizona State vs. Texas Tech.

65-55 with over eight minutes to go in regulation.

12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    heels, how many teams do you root for? :p

heels1785 likes this.
  13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Holy **** did Mizzou put the smackdown on Eastern Michigan. I know that might not be saying much, and the defense still had some sloppy play. But mostly I'm hoping the Mizzou record-tying 5 TDs will help boost Drew Lock's confidence. The kid has one hell of an arm, but this was the first time he has looked comfortable and confident on the field.

Here's to hoping he can keep that going!

Well it looks like he roots for at least 2/7ths of the SEC East. Which is a good strategy for being happy about the division winner :p

heels1785 and jabberwalkie like this.
  14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Are you sure that wasn't a basketball game? :p

There are three things certain in life: death, taxes, and Florida beating Kentucky in football. :p

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    2/7ths of the SEC East? Wofford is in the SEC East? :p

Tennessee and Wofford, which is the tiny school I attended in the SoCon.

I grew up watching the Gamecocks, because geography, and I wish them well - just not my team. That's my Carolina brother Rew's team.

Rew and ma_petite like this.
  16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It's not a good day to be an App State fan. They seem to be so nervous about how high-profile the Miami game has become that they keep making careless mistakes.

And Marcus Cox hurt his quad in a 79-yard run that ended up getting flagged.

18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    This Louisville kid...

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This is a weird, weird week.

Georgia State came a hair away from, and should have beaten, a lethargic Wisconsin team in Madison, I-AA NDSU knocks off #13 Iowa, Clemson agrees to a mercy rule in the second half, shortens by 6 minutes against SC State.

And yeah, FSU is losing by 7 touchdowns.

PCCViking likes this.
  20. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    This Louisville game :D

PCCViking likes this.
  21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Go Buffs!

CU up fourteen early on that state up north

22. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I'm not sure how my Gamecocks have a two-possession lead even though ECU's been dominating us in yardage and time of possession. [face_thinking]

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'd be happy to see Carolina hold on in that one. Wasn't sure they could beat ECU, but they need to in order to try to get 6 wins and a bowl berth.

Ole Miss hanging with Alabama, and Nebraska out ahead of Oregon. Some great games today.

Rew and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    A perfect example in the Carolina game of the importance of turnovers.

ECU QB throws for 400 yards, Carolina's doesn't clear 200 - each team rushes for 120 yards. ECU turned the ball over 4 times, Carolina zero. Carolina wins.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Felt good to see Nebraska win that kind of game. They have just a fantastic fan base. Would be good for college football and the Big Ten if Nebraska were annually winning 9-10 games, contending for B1G West titles and every now and again contending fit for a national title/playoff birth. I don't think that program can be Ohio State or Alabama levels year in and out, but I don't see why Nebraska can't be on the level of, say, Michigan State or TCU.

And, Iowa, if you must schedule an FCS team (and you don't, by the way), don't schedule a powerhouse team.

PCCViking likes this.