main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2024-25 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Inty -- do game delays make you nervous or nah?

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yup. I'm eating m&ms like it's my job

ma_petite and dp4m like this.
  3. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Uh, he dropped the ball on that return. Why does this happen?

jcgoble3 and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Seriously. IS it that freaking hard to hold on to it until you get into the end zone?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  5. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Noah Brown from Ohio St caught a TD and a fully grown man before halftime

LloydChristmas and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    If that doesn't become the #1 top play on SportsCenter, I don't know what will.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  7. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    *3 TD's + a grown man before halftime!

DAR and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    *4 TDs

Wonder if they'll let their backup come out and "light up" that basic D...

Juke Skywalker and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The Inty suicide watch is starting up...

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Don't blame Jim McElwain one bit for going out to midfield to show displeasure with the filthy hit North Texas laid on his quarterback. An incidental low hit happens here and there, this one was late, and looked to me at the time like there was intent - and still does on replay. Apparently, this is not the first or second time that this team's dirty play has been called into question this season, either.

Up in Knoxville, we haven't beaten the Gators since Windows XP was a thing, and even though I'll be pleased if we beat them next week, I want to get them at full strength. Hoping that Del Rio will recover quickly and not miss more than one game, and that the North Texas coaches or whoever is teaching those kids the absolute wrong way to play the game can go **** themselves.

PCCViking likes this.
  12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Does anyone want to stake a claim as a good team in the Big XII? I realize it's early to make this kind of proclamation, but it's tough to see them getting a team into the playoff. I mean, in the unlikely event Baylor or West Virginia go undefeated, they'd be in. But other than that? Oklahoma lost both of their high profile non-conference games. TCU got topped by Arkansas. And Texas just lost to Cal. And, Texas had a signature win over Notre Dame, but they've already got two losses, and I think are headed for at least four this season. I think for the second time in the three year history, the Big XII will be on the outside looking in.

My playoff/NY6 projection:

Peach: Alabama vs Stanford
    Fiesta: Ohio State vs Louisville

Rose: Michigan vs UCLA
    Sugar: Tennessee vs Texas
    Orange: Clemson vs Michigan State
    Cotton: Houston vs Texas A&M

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The AP poll is so ridiculous, at times. Wins over Florida A&M and Florida Atlantic somehow got the Miami Hurricanes into the Top 25 at #25.

With this week's win over Appalachian State, The U jumped 10 spots to #15. I know they were a bit more dominant than we were, but UT's week 1 win over App State resulted in a drop of 8 points, from #9 to #17.

14. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Maybe it's SEC fatigue? Florida dropped out of the Top 25 after beating UMass, 24-7, yet Michigan State struggled against its FCS opponent and remained at the same spot.

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Oklahoma is still ranked at 1-2?

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So WVU hasn't lost yet, and isn't ranked higher than a 2-loss Oklahoma team...

17. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

They'll drop out, Sooner or later. :p

DarkEagle and DarthIntegral like this.
  18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Fear the 'Eers!

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Good read. nice to see a big voice in college football get the mental health stuff, at least on some level, and try/start to move away from "man up" kind of talk.

21. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Ole Miss up 31-0 over Georgia.

FSU and USF traded touchdowns in the first 30 seconds of their game, but FSU is rolling 38-14, almost at halftime.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    lol georgia. how i hate georgia.

chance to beat the gators for the first time since wilhoit '04, the second greatest moment of my life when it comes to the vols. who would have thought we'd lose 12 straight after that glorious boot.

i nearly put my head through the unreasonably low ceiling in my dorm room on this evening when that kick went through

edit: just think of what has happened since this game - this was the year zook would be fired, before urban meyer, will muschamp, and mcelwain at florida. fulmer would last four more years, then kiffin, dooley, and butch at UT. so long ago.

GO VOLS

23. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Sorry, but Go Gators! :D

At least we both hate Georgia. :D

DarkEagle likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Wisconsin is a tough team to figure out. Brilliant against LSU, stale turds against Georgia State, and today they are blowing the doors off against Sparty.

25. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I am stunned by this Wisconsin score