main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Rip Inty @};-

dp4m likes this.
  2. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Unranked Penn beat #2 Ohio!:eek:

PearsOfKrissto likes this.
  3. PearsOfKrissto

PearsOfKrissto Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 21, 2015
    This OU - Texas tech game is killing me..

4. PearsOfKrissto

PearsOfKrissto Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 21, 2015
    859 yards of Offense for OU, 854 for TT. Baker Mayfield passed for 7 touchdowns, 0 interceptions. 545 yards passing on 36 attempts, with a passer rating of 266.3.

Dede Westbrook has 9 receptions for 202 yards and 3 TDs
    Joe mixon rushed 31 times for 2 TD's, 263 yards, 134 yards receiving for 3 TD's.

Patrick Mahomes 3rd was 52/88 for 734 yards, 5 TD's and 1 interception with a qbr of 145.6. He was also their leading rusher with 12 carries for 85 yards.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Cannot believe that OSU loss. Good for James Franklin, but I wanted to see an undefeated OSU vs undefeated Michigan.

Urban Meyer's first road loss in 61 games at OSU. That's still godlike.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    OSU will be fine. If they beat out Nebraska (should almost be to the Top 5 with OSU and Texas AM losing this week) in 2 weeks and Michigan (if they stay undefeated, we will be back in the thick of things. We would have the tie-breaker over Michigan for the Conference championship game and would face Nebraska again if they win every other game aside from us.

Assuming I've read the standings, scores, rankings etc correctly.

All we have to do is get to the Top 4. That's all.

We can do that.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Penn State goes to the B1G championship if they win out and OSU beats Michigan. Remaining, PSU has got Iowa and MSU at home, and Rutgers/Purdue/Indiana on the road.

I don't think OSU will fall far nationally, but making the playoff after missing their conference championship would pose an issue.

8. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Wisconsin is still in it for big 10 championship game.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Losing to Penn State is certainly not ideal, but it didn't remove any real goal from this season. Bucks can still win the division and conference, and at 12-1, if they got there, would be in the playoffs. Undefeated need not be a goal any longer

Congrats to Penn State, though. Hopefully a win Franklin can build on.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  10. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008

Strange, I didn't know the Penn Quakers were playing the Ohio Bobcats yesterday. [face_thinking]

11. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009

Fixed :p

LloydChristmas and Darth Basin like this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Lots of movement this week.

1- Bama, 2-Michigan, 3-Clemson, 4-Washington, 5-Louisville
    6- OSU, 7- Nebraska, 8- Baylor, 9- A&M, 10-West Virginia
    11- Wisconsin, 12- FSU, 13- Boise, 14- Florida, 15- Auburn
    16- Oklahoma, 17- Utah, 18- Tennessee, 19- LSU, 20- Western Mich
    21- North Carolina, 22- Navy, 23- Colorado, 24- Penn State, 25 - Va Tech

No real issues other than FSU at 12 and my Vols at 18. Losing to #1 and #9 and being 6 spots lower than a team who lost to #5 and #21 makes no sense at all. Should FSU beat Clemson this weekend, I'll hold my tongue, but I don't see a team worthy of the top 15 in Tallahassee - they skate by on reputation.

DarkEagle likes this.
  13. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    I'm a little confused by OSU at 6 compared to some of the teams behind them but it's not a big deal

14. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    I was thinking(being a Wash St fan), if Western Michigan wins out and goes undefeated, and Washington St wins out, including beating Washington, who would have a leg up in getting in the playoffs.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    DarkEagle -- how so? In no way are an undefeated WVU or Baylor supposed to be ranked higher than that 1-loss OSU squad until one of them is undefeated and has beaten the other. Who else would jump them?

Also, of note, the Coaches agree with you and not me.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Also of note, only the committee ranking actually matters

LloydChristmas likes this.
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Buncha savages in that town though...

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    This picture, though, sums up the doneness of the Heisman trophy race

[​IMG]

Darth Basin and LloydChristmas like this.
  19. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I wanna say that tOSU’s lack of a downfield passing game severely limits them from comebacks like they needed to manufacture after the blocked FG return, but it’s also hard to complete big vertical plays when the DB pulls your arm down.

I also wanna say it makes me pessimistic about the *ichigan game, but my faith in Urban’s preparation might outweigh that. It’s still gonna be a slobberknocker and maybe the loss motivates them for it as more of an end than a means.

Also, crucially, the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals so we good here.

20. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Penn State awarded a top 25 for beating a #2. I think that's fair. I hope the "Ridiculous Named" Lions become a great machine again. The North East of America needs a good team.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am A university of Maryland fan!

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Rew, should I be worried about this new freshman QB Bentley for Carolina? I know my Vols are in an up year and you all have had a rough one, but it worries me that we won't have much tape on this kid beyond the UMass game.

I may be responsible for UT's curse against Carolina. Took my then-girlfriend to Columbia in 2010 to watch a blowout, and ever since, it's seemed like we've lost or had an uncomfortably close game with SC.

23. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Well, USC's offense is crap, and even though Bentley looked decent, that comes with the caveat that he was debuting against UMass. ;)

I think UT will be fine. But in true UT fashion, it'll be a close game. I have full confidence we'll choke before the end, though. :p

heels1785 likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    FCS coaching salaries released for 2016 - there's a new name at the top.

1. Harbaugh, UM - $9.004 M
    2. Saban, Alabama - $6.9 M
    3. Meyer, OSU - $6 M
    4. Stoops, OU - $5.5 M
    5. Fisher, FSU - $5.25 M (buyout clause of $33M, highest in FCS)
    6. Strong, Texas - $5.2 M
    7. Sumlin, TAMU - $5 M
    8. Malzahn, Auburn - $4.725 M
    9. Freeze, Miss - $4.7 M
    10. Franklin, PSU - $4.5 M

Notables:
    12. Swinney, Clemson - $4.4 M
    25. Petersen, Washington - $3.6 M
    37. Holgorson, WVU - $2.98 M
    42. Riley, Nebraska - $2.8 M
    65. Kelly, Notre Dame - $1.625 M

By Conference, Average Head Coach Salary:
    1. SEC - $4.173 M
    2. Big 12 - $3.541 M
    3. PAC 12 - $3.103 M
    4. B1G - $2.753 M
    5. ACC - $2.562 M

FULL LIST @ USA Today

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Meyer, Harbaugh, and Franklin that high, and the B1G average that low. Ridiculous.