main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2024-25 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    baylor lost to jerry falwell university today

lol

2. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Didn't one of the Baylor coaches that got fired end up at Liberty?

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Liberty hired Baylor's AD after he got curbstomped.

DarkEagle likes this.
  4. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Gators may have lost, but I'm glad FSU lost. That eases the pain somewhat, although I hated to see what happened with their QB.

5. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Not sure my Irish can have a letdown season, expectations are incredibly low. We looked pretty good yesterday, though

heels1785 likes this.
  6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i've heard mixed - most are predicting a good season, though. and since i prognosticated failure, you are guaranteed success.

yankee8255 likes this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    heels, also as a reminder, B12 has a championship game this seasons since they're tired of getting screwed out of playoffs. Dunno if you remembered that...

8. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    That sound you heard in Los Angeles was the sound of Texas A&M choking...blowing a 34 point lead only a little over a quarter.

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

i picked oklahoma state to win the national title

10. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I go into each season expecting the worst, let myself be pleasantly surprised (hopefully).

More than anything, I want Kelly gone, but his buyout is so huge, we can't afford it after the aircraft carrier full of cash Charlie Weis got from us.

heels1785 likes this.
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes, but that means they've beaten everyone in B12 and then someone else (likely Oklahoma) twice, because of the playoff. Just reminding you of that.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

btw i am pretty sure that i properly ****ed the big 12 already

hook em

dp4m likes this.
  13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Anyone want to do the research for me and find out how often in the Playoff/BCS era two teams that participated in an NY6 / BCS Bowl game met to open the season the following year?

Because we just had that when USC played Western Michigan ...

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    New AP: 1-Alabama (60), 2-Ohio State (1), 3-Clemson, 4-Penn State, 5-Oklahoma

Best - Washington State up 4 to 20th, Michigan up 3 to 11th, VaTech up 3 to 18th, Clemson/Penn/OU/Miami up 2 each
    Worst - FSU down 7 to 10th, Florida down 5 to 22nd, Southern Cal/South Florida down 2 each

West Virginia and Texas out of top 25. TCU and Notre Dame in.

Edit - also, trivia. This weekend is the first time in 52 years (1965) that the University of Georgia has played football above the Mason/Dixon line.

Edit 2 - DarthIntegral - 2015, both Houston and OU played in BCS games. Houston beat OU to open 2016 season.

15. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I want to say 2004 Orange Bowl: Miami vs Florida State. They then opened the 2004 season (a game delayed by a hurricane) where Miami won as well.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Whoever gave the Buckeyes a first place vote should lose their vote.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Damn that is awful.

20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    gamecocks looking much improved so far. beat a good team last week, demolished an average team at their place tonight.

deebo samuel is going to get heisman hype, jake bentley is a star in the making, and most importantly, that much-maligned defense is holding up with ski moore back.

vols held serve today, hopefully recooperated a bit after that nonsense last week against a gatech team we should have run off of the field.

Rew likes this.
  22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    "Fun" fact: when Oklahoma and Ohio State play football, the home team is 0-4

Perfect summary last night came from a text from one of my best friends

"Do you ever get the sinking feeling Urban has turned into Wenger?"

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    "Fun" fact: when Oklahoma and Ohio State play football, the home team is 0-4

Perfect summary last night came from a text from one of my best friends

"Do you ever get the sinking feeling Urban has turned into Wenger?"

24. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    You know when a team has 3rd and very long, the announcers sometime say, "Third and California?"

Well, last night, the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs had a 3rd and 93. Yes, that's right, a 3rd and 93. I call that "Third and Japan." :p

yankee8255 likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was glad that the Tarheels gave Louisville a run for their money despite the loss. Not sure how much of a chance they had against Lamar Jackson.

heels1785 likes this.