main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    NOW YOU'RE TALKING MY LANGUAGE!!!

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    For the human polls, each voter should reshuffle his/her rankings at the end of September so as to eliminate the position teams had in the preseason ranking from consideration.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    For the human polls, each voter should have to publish their individual rankings so we can publicly mock the voters who put Ohio State above Oklahoma, and rank Aw-burn so high.

yankee8255 and PCCViking like this.
  4. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    For the human polls, each voter should reshuffle his/her rankings at the end of September so as to eliminate the position teams had in the preseason ranking from consideration.

heels1785 and DarthIntegral like this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Please, Syracuse. Please.

I don't ask for much. Please end the suffering for all of us here.

PCCViking likes this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    PRAISE BE

PRAISE BE

PRAISE BE

Edit: but I just saw a video of Dabo hugging Dino at midfield and telling him "I'm so happy for you" after the loss. Dabo = great, Clemson players = great, 90% of Clemson fans = vomit. So, praise be.

Rew likes this.
  7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    And a second top 10 team lost last night: Washington State got crushed by California.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Lots of opportunities out there today for teams to move up. Wazzou will plummet.

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Louisville is falling apart. BC? At home?

Come on.

Meanwhile, in Knoxville...

10. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I just need Louisville to be good enough for next week in Tallahassee... [face_mischief]

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    As I said last week, Auburn is absolute garbage. Vanished for the entire second half against a team that couldn't beat Troy, just like they vanished after the first quarter against Clemson.

Georgia may turn out to be pretty good, don't know yet. But there's nobody other than Alabama that I would trust against any respectable B1G, Big 12, or PAC-12 team, and even teams like South Florida and UCF.

SEC fans crowed for years about our supposed supremacy, riding on the coattails of first Urban Meyer and then mostly Nick Saban - that time is over.

Also, **** Butch Jones. 2 weeks to prepare for a South Carolina team that is still rebuilding - at home. He's given up, and there's no reason we shouldn't give up on him. Kudos to Muschamp - I think he's the perfect coach for that program - probably won't win many titles, but he's winning the games that he's supposed to (UK aside).

Rew likes this.
  12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  14. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I'm about through with McElwain. Yes, we have injuries and suspensions, but the thing that really pissed me off was not the last two weeks, but his reaction when we scored that final touchdown against Vanderbilt. It was like he was mad.

Spurrier, however, ordered an extra touchdown against Georgia back in '95 in Athens. Say what you want about him, but he had a killer instinct that the last couple Gator coaches lacked. Heck, I even miss the Ron Zook days, because at least the offense could be somewhat of a threat at times.

15. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I was in Chapel Hill yesterday for the South's Oldest Rivalry and...wow. That was shocking. Carolina pushed hard at the beginning of the third quarter (after I assume they met in the locker room and their coach told them they were about to lose to one of the most ridiculed football programs in the country) but by the fourth quarter they had practically given up.

Virginia might be 5-1 but they're not a good team by any means. They did not play well yesterday. Carolina just lost.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Two years ago, even last year, Fedora could have had any vacancy that he wanted.

He'll almost certainly survive this coming offseason, but he'll have one of the hottest seats around next year.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Michael Carter and Anthony Ratliff-Williams played well. Not sure what happened to everyone else. Where was Chaz Surratt?

And that face mask hit which did not even get a flag thrown was ridiculous.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Michael Carter and Anthony Ratliff-Williams played well. Not sure what happened to everyone else. Where was Chaz Surratt?

And that face mask hit which did not even get a flag thrown was ridiculous.

19. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Wisconsin up to # 5.

ma_petite likes this.
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    If Texas had any semblance of an o-line, I think Ehlinger would be getting national attention. The kid is really impressive, even when he's running for his life on nearly every play.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Heels apparently thought they were going to Blacksburg for hiking and drinks.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Heels apparently thought they were going to Blacksburg for hiking and drinks.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    No offensive touchdowns in last 14 quarters. Outscored 108-19 over last 14 quarters.

gg vols. great effort.

Edit - on the other end of the spectrum, Mark Richt is doing a great job with the Canes. 6-0, gritty effort from Cuse.

24. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    FSU lost to Louisville, and afterwards, Jimbo Fisher apparently got into it with a fan.

25. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Apparently that's a theme this weekend: the Tennessee DB, Kyrie Irving.

When you go from #3 preseason to fighting it out to make a bowl game, you should expect fans to say something. Have a little thicker skin.