main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Congrats and I'm sorry!

2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I ONLY HAVE CATS AND I CARE THINK OF UR FRIENDS INTY

tom and dp4m like this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Wow!! That's incredible, amigo. Congratulations!

4. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    They're right about Ted Roof. Paul Johnson can't recruit worth a damn, but he sure can maximize the talents of mediocre players with notsomuch in the way of resources devoted to his program.

BCS bowl win. Won 2 out of the last 3 against UGA.

I'm saying this a lot recently, but I'd take him in Knoxville!

6. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
  7. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    The NCAA is a joke

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Governing Rules for Major College Sports

1) If you're not cheating, you're not trying
    2) It's only cheating if you get caught.

yankee8255 and Juliet316 like this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... $20 to $40 dollars. That sounds like total, not per ball. lol @ vacating...

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    lol indeed

Fun to imagine what would happen if they tried, though.

Millions of Alabamans marching on Indianapolis. Millions of flaming pitchforks, millions of pro-Saban banners, and dozens of teeth among them.

Juliet316 and DarthIntegral like this.
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    BUT TATTOOS

LloydChristmas and heels1785 like this.
  12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Or "It's not cheating if you're one of the NCAA's golden boys."

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Although, TBH, would Alabama fans even notice/care if the NCAA vacated one of their titles?

Alabama claiming National Titles in Football they don't actually have is one of the greatest traditions in college football.

14. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    And has anyone wondered who taught Nick Satan the art of cheating? I have the answer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Last Week:

1) Georgia
    2) Alabama
    3) ND
    4) Clemson
    5) OU
    6) OSU

This Week:

1) Georgia
    2) Alabama
    3) ND
    4) Clemson
    5) OU
    6) TCU

OSU down to 13. Wisconsin still low at #8, but will have some control if they win out... same with Miami at #7, but it'll sort itself out with ND this weekend and the ACC Champtionship...

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I feel like Wisconsin and Miami are both "win and your in", despite the rankings. Neither will be left out sitting at 13-0, no matter what happens to the teams above them.

I feel like Notre Dame with an 11-1 record is likely in as long as Wisconsin doesn't win the B1G, or does so with a loss.

I'm also going to predict that the Big XII will screw itself this year (predictably so, IMO) with the Conference Title Game. The winner of OU/TCU should have a clear path to the playoff, but will likely need to, you know, win twice against the other. This is the scenario that gives us only two conferences represented in the playoffs:

Notre Dame Wins Out
    Alabama and Georgia both unbeaten going into SEC Title Game
    Wisconsin loses
    Winner of OU/TCU loses in the Big XII Title Game
    Miami and Clemson in the ACC Title Game is a meeting of one-loss teams.
    Washington takes a second loss.

None of that seems far-fetched*.

Playoff:

SEC Champ
    SEC Runner-Up
    Notre Dame
    ACC Champ

*that said, this weekend, Georgia and Alabama are both on the road against ranked conference opponents. both should be on upset alert.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    As much as I've ragged on them, this weekend is Auburn's chance to prove that they're worthy of their bloated ranking. If they can beat UGA, all is forgiven.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Auburn beating UGA and Alabama would be exactly the flavor of chaos this season needs.

LloydChristmas and Rew like this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think the two best games are going to kick off around the same time tonight. ND-Miami at 8 on ABC, and TCU-OU at 8 on FOX. I wish split screen was a thing for Comcast. Ugh.

Mississippi State can beat Alabama at home - I'm going to try to watch that one. Hoping for OSU to get back on track against Sparty, and of course for Auburn to beat Georgia.

Should be a fun day of games.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    war eagle baby

never doubted you

not one second

LloydChristmas likes this.
  21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I don't think Saban or any Bama fans want to hear "one second" ever again. :p

LloydChristmas and heels1785 like this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Bulldogs played as well as they could have, I think. Poor playcalling by MSU after that missed Bama FG late in the game, but Bama is just so deep, personnel-wise. Very hard to compete with those fresh legs late in a game, even for a good team at home.

Didn't get to see what happened to the Irish tonight. Looks rather decisive. Clemson vs. Miami should be really something.

If Mizzou piles onto this existing 24-point lead in the remaining 15 minutes, I could see Brady Hoke being given the Vols interim gig for LSU and Vandy. Essentially guaranteed a losing season with the loss tonight.

Edit - Mizzou just scored again. 8-}

Edit - And again!

23. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Well, it was a nice run while it lasted.

heels1785 likes this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So the new top 4 should be...

1) Alabama
    2) Clemson
    3) OU
    4) Miami

5) Wisconsin?
    6) Auburn?

25. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Miami and Clemson still play each other, correct?