The Colliding of Empires: A Star Wars / Perry-Rhodan-Crossover AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Feb 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FTeik Force Ghost

star 5
    Welcome Thanas. I hope you´re going to enjoy the story.

As for the rest of you: "Finally, you could say."

The Colliding of Empires

"Excellent." stated Takor Kasom. "Really. Just as good as the original."

"We will see." said Perry Rhodan, who tried to dampen the enthusiasm of the man from Ertrus. His eyes moved over the eight men and one woman standing before them.

"Oh, come on, Sir. You should have a little more faith into the comrades from the disguise-department. You used their services a lot more than i did, so you should know the qualities of the masks better than me."

"I do. But i also know, how often things went wrong despite our best efforts. Besides, do i hear a hidden hint about my advanced age in your speach?" mocked Rhodan.

"Grandadministrator! I would never dare to remind you about your more than sixhundred years of ... ups." a broad grin appeared on Kasom´s face.

"You see what i have to endure the entire time?" stated Atlan, who entered the room just in time to hear the last exchange between Perry Rhodan and Takor Kasom.

"Endure? Lordadmiral, i´m hurt." Kasom made a sad face and pressed his shovel-sized hands against his chest. "I always thought you kept me around because i´m the best and brightest and ... ."

"Certainly not in the interest of the supply-budget." interrupted Atlan. "How would you like a reduction by ten percent?"

"Uhhhhh."

"Only ten percent? Why don´t you cut it in half?" suggested Perry Rhodan.

"Oh no." moaned Takor. "Sir, i had no idea, that the SolarEmpire is in such a desperate condition. Tell me, what can i do?" the tall man whined.

The acting abilities of the ertrusan caused Perry Rhodan to laugh. "First, why don´t you have a last look over our away-teams. I don´t want them to get into trouble just because something might be wrong with the cut of their clothings."

Kasom turned serious. "Already done, Sir. We made them as good as we could. But the final test will be the practice."

"You don´t have to worry, Sir. We´ll be careful. And if things come to the worst we still have the mutants." said Lieutenant Thomas, who lead Number Two of the away-teams.

"Better not." stated Lieutenant Nosinsky, who was leading Team Three. "We might get into a situation, where not even the mutants will be able to help us."

"We don´t expect such a situation." explained Atlan. "Until now nothing hints at the empire having 5d-tech, so the only danger to the mutants would be other mutants."

"What about Lord Vader?" asked Arthur Ruul, who was in charge of Team One.

"We don´t expect you to meet him at the places you will go. Besides, Lord Vader will be at the meeting with the emperor."

"Meeting is good." muttered Rhodan. "According to Grandwezir Pestage there will be a full-grown party."

That statement caused the other persons present to smile. Rhodan´s aversion against receptions, parties and the like was well-known.

"We all have to make sacrifices for the sake of diplomacy." Atlan´s voice sounded consoling, but Rhodan knew him long enough to know, that this wasn´t the case. Atlan would rather drop dead to the floor, than show compassion for his friend in such a matter.

"Just that sneaking three groups of our crew onto the planet would be counter-productive to our diplomatic efforts." countered the Grandadministrator of the SolarEmpire.

The "Dante´s Inferno" wasn´t going to land on Coruscant. The terrans had been told, that there was no landing-field big enough for the two-and-a-half-kilometer wide spherical ship, but the leading people of the expedition suspected, that the authorities of the Galactic Empire were hesitating to allow a warship like the ultra-carrier into their capital. Because of this Rhodan had decided, that the official contact-group would use one of the light cruisers to travel to the surface. The official contact-group and three away-teams which were going to have a look at Coruscant in disguise.

Each team consisted of three members. One member of each team was a mutant.

Team One was lead by Arthur Ruul. Ruu
  2. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Nice work there. Please tell us the next update is the actual meeting.

Oh, and it's "security personnel"
  3. FTeik Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmmmm, shall i go back to Bakura, show, what the Akons are doing or pay a small visit to the rebels?

Don´t worry, i´m just kidding. The next update will be the meeting with Palpatine.
  4. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    *begins breathing again*
  5. Thanas Jedi Padawan

Up.... can't wait for the update.... and thrawn to appear....
  6. FTeik Force Ghost

star 5
    I have the feeling that, since i just updated "The tale of Darth Vader´s Son", there will be a new chapter to this story soon.
  7. FTeik Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry, that this takes so long, but matters of real life are demanding my attention, it is not easy to properly write a meeting of titans and i´m working on a surprise for the last part of the coming chapter.

If we are lucky i´m done with the next part tomorrow evening, if not we have to wait till wednesday.

See you.
  8. FTeik Force Ghost

star 5
    My apologies for being more than a week late, but as already said, it is not easy to write about a meeting of titans. And even when not, for some reason to write the updates of this story is always a pain in the rear, if you know, what i mean.

That said and done, i want to thank you for your patience.

And now: On with the story!

The Colliding of Empires

"The main corridor was filled with courtiers, all awaiting an audience with the Emperor. Vader curled his lip at them - fools all. Pompous toadys in their velvet robes and painted faces; perfumed bishops passing notes and passing judgements among themselves - for who else cared; oily flavour-merchants, bent low with jewelry still warm from a previous owner's dying flesh; easy, violent men and women, lusting to be tampered with.

Vader had no patience for such petty filth. He passed them without a nod, though many would have paid dearly for a felicitous glance from the high Dark Lord." from the RotJ-novel.

"The Emperor acknowledges that he alone cannot run the galaxy. He needs advisors. Secure in the knowledge that an Empire founded through treachery cannot be run through trust, he has surrounded himself with advisors who owe all of their political gains to the Emperor. He has made sure that each advisor has more enemies than allies among the other advisors. Fear and greed serve to bind each advisor to the Emperor."

"Advisors have taken to dressing in costumes derived from the histories of their home systems, drawn from the greatest empires of their pasts. Unlike the Emperor, many of the advisors wear lavish costumes as conspicuous badges of their status." from the ImperialSourcebook.

Perry Rhodan:

"Perry Rhodan, elected Grandadministrator by the people of the SolarEmpire, Atlan Mascaren da Gonozal, ruling Lordadmiral of the UnitedStarsOrganisation and entourage."

The large door opened and we entered a hall big enough to house a light cruiser, at least as far as wide and lenght were concerned.

I was still wondering, why there hadn´t been the sound of a large staff being beaten against the floor when i remembered, where i was. Twohundredfourtyfour million lightyears away from home, in a galaxy, that wasn´t my own and about to meet the ruler of the same. It was a comforting thought, that the heralds of the GalacticEmpire didn´t use heavy stuffs to announce their presence and to request attention, but once again i had to wonder about the similarities between the humans of this galaxy and those descendant of my own world. Such a parallel development wasn´t possible, so there had to be another explenation and, given our past experiences, i was worried, what answer to this question was waiting to hit us in the face.

Looking over the assembled people, who were - depending on distance, interest or position - watching, staring or ignoring us, i realized, that i didn´t have my priorities right. My mind was busy thinking about a problem, that was without a doubt interesting, but of minor importance at the moment.

What was important was my meeting with Emperor Palpatine.

I had met with a lot of leaders and rulers of states during my more than sixhundred years of life.

Weak leaders like Orcast XXI of Arkon or Queen Jinguiseem from M87. Strong and self-confident leaders like Talamon the superheavy, Oof, speaker of the terrorworms or Grek-1 the Maahk, who had once lead an invasion of the milkyway at the command of the "Masters of the Island". Well-meaning personalities like Eynoch Zygleer or the cosmic engineer Kalak. Malevolent leaders like Chappuy-Kitos or the Robotregent.

And, of course, the worst of them all, the "Masters of the Island", seven tyrants of lemurian and with that human origin, who had oppressed the entire Andromeda-galaxy for nearly twenty-thousand years. Hadn´t i known about the possible dephts of human depravity before, i would have after the six years of war against them.

My friend Reginal Bull, who had been among the first to met one of the "Masters" had later confessed to me, that he had always though
  9. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Splendid chapter. I look forward to seeing these gifts. (Gifts, what gifts?) :p
  10. Tribun Jedi Master

star 3
    Like this story, as long as you won't let the Empire look inferior (meaning no Perryverse-arrogance please)or stupid.

I have there some questions to you:

By the way, please can you avoid the EU minimalism? You know, this whole bullshit with 25.000 ISD's. Because a realistic number is at least several million ISD's, if not much more, plus the countless other ships.
    I like that you thought about the other ships of the Empire as well, hope you will get the numbers right.
    I hope you not use this whole "SuperStardestoyer" thing for ships like the Executor. These ships are called "Commandships" (ROTJ)

By the way, the thoughts of Anderson concerning the Red Guards are wrong, but he can't know that. They are rather deadly fighters with a lot of hidden weapons, with thier uniform only to let people THINK that they were not good fighters.
    Seen in Crimson Empire, the training is extremly brutal, and only 10% of all trained actually really become red guards. They are some of the best there is.

The way the Rodanverse-Chars. made fun of Coruscants defenses, they don't know of the planetary shield. They of course can't see the full picture when not knowing of the shield.
    Has the Roadanverse soemtihng compareable to a planetary shield? If not, you could let comment them about it.

There is something, that could be important. At the time of ROTJ, two ADDITIONAL Death Stars, the size of the original one (160 km) were built in the Coruscant system (but not Coruscant itself). Will this play a role in your story? (Originally after the Endor debacle, they were dismantled, but here.....)
    Picture:
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/books/iswu/twins.gif]
  11. FTeik Force Ghost

star 5
    Thank you for your comments and the fact, that you share your ideas and concerns with me. They are partly the same i have and i´ll try to deal with them as best as possible.

Difficult, since most of the Perryverse-technology is superior to imperial equipment. The only real advantage they have is their size and industrial infrastructure. As for not making them look stupid, i´ll try my very best, but since the empire is the force of evil, it has to lose.

Don´t hesitate, just ask.

When i work on a fanfic i usually have a number of 30-40 million ships for the empire at its height in my mind, of those 200,000 to 250,000 would be ISDs and 15,000 ships would be even bigger. From the industrial base the empire could have billions of ISDs, but if you ask me, there is no need for that. The empire had no real outside enemy, many, if not most of the coreworlds (= worlds with full planetary shields) were members of the empire on their own free will and for a colony-world an ISD should be enough. Aside from that, the empire isn´t old enough to have a manpower-pool large enough for such a large fleet.

I´ll only call them Super Star Destroyer, when the shown point-of-view belongs to a rebel. Promised.

I know that. The Swiss Guard of the Vatican isn´t for show, too, despite the uniforms designed by Michelangelo. As already said Anderson is naive and inexperienced. However a person can be smart and still come to wrong conclusions. Anderson´s part was to ensure, that the PR-fraction doesn´t look superior to the SW-fraction and to outbalance the cleverness of Rhodan and Atlan. After 600, respectively 10,000 years of life it takes a lot to fool one of those two.

They didn´t make fun of Coruscant´s defenses, they simply compared them to what they know from home. And - minimalism or not - what i have given the empire here is a lot more, than it has ever had in the EU.

Planetary shields are well-known in the Rhodanverse. There are also shields, that protect entire starsystems, a timeshield, that was used to hide the sol-system five minutes in the future and in more than one case shields or forcefields, that seperated entire galaxies from the rest of the universe. However the last two (time-field and galaxy-wide one) appeared only later in the PR-timeline and the galactic ones were used by non-terran powers. Aside from that the ray- and particle-shields don´t work against transform-cannons. Ordinary 3d-shields are useless against those weapons, something that has been stated time and again in official PR-literature. In that regard they are vastly different from, lets say, a StarTrek-transporter.

Don´t worry, if necessary i´ll come up
  12. FTeik Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry, that this is only a small update, but strucure-wise its the only way it makes sense. Be prepared for a large cliff-hanger at the end.

Another reason for this to be so short is the fact, that i´m currently reading the first two books of John Ringo´s Posleenvers. They´re awesome, if you´re interested in military scifi.

Every SW-author and editor, whose name IS NOT Zahn, Denning, Stover or Luceno should read a piece of those. That is the right way to make good books, not what those f...ers, who want to turn SW in their version of "TinyToons" do.

The Colliding of Empires

One of the doors to the huge hall had opened and four of the crimson-cladded guards carried a large table under the curious looks of the people assembled inside. The number of awed and exited "ahs" and "ohs" at the sight of terra´s treasures was limited, what caused a lot of disappointment for the young Lieutenants, while the older and more experienced members of Rhodan´s and Atlan´s entourage had expected nothing else. It was more of a symbolic gesture and not intended as a display or - god prevent that - as bragging about ones wealth.

Perry Rhodan himself, who in private had more than once associated the entire procedure either with the delivering of tribute to the conquerors or with glas-pearls for the primitives, would have ordered the cermony abandoned, but the galacto-psychologists, who councilled the DiplomaticCorps and the SolarFleet on first contacts with alien lifeforms insisted on the benefits of it. And while it was impossible to quantify those claimed benefits, until now no harm had been done and so most ships of Solar and ExplorerFleet carried otherwise useless stuff aboard.

"My friend, if seems your gifts have finally passed our safety-checks." commented Palpatine.

"Concerning the time your people took, it must have been a very thorough one." answered Atlan.

Contrary to Rhodan the ten-thousand year old arkonide had no emotional problems with the delivering of gifts to new and alien species. He had done this at more opportunities than he could count, since it had been one of the standard-procedures when the arkonides of old had made contact with the technologically less developed people of worlds, that would sooner or later enjoy the protection of the ArkonEmpire (if they wanted it or not). It also reminded him of the exiting voyages on earth, when he had been stranded on the planet, his journeys with the father and uncle of Marco Polo or aboard the flagship of the chinese admiral Zheng Hu, whose fleet had nearly travelled around the entire world.

"Yes, they are very professional and i expect nothing less from my personal guards. They would die for me." stated Palpatine with pride.

"I have to congragulate you on them." said Rhodan, who wondered at Palpatines last sentence, if the royal guards were just very well trained, brainwashed or for some reason especially fanatical. Until now nothing indicated, that the somehow grandfatherly Palpatine was able to inspire such loyality, but the Grandadministrator knew all to well how apperances could be decepting.

"They are the ones to recieve concragulations." answered the emperor. "It is a long and demanding way for a young man to qualify himself as one of my royal guards. A long way with many sacrifices." he hesitated for a moment, as if in deep thought. "Why don´t we take a closer look so i can admire your gifts myself, now that my security-deparment already had the pleasure?"

Accompanied by Darth Vader the three men walked over to the desk on which the treasures of the SolarEmpire were laid out for presentation: a large plate of platin, that showed a map of earth´s continents and oceans in relief-form, ornamented with rubies, where the large cities would have been, a quadrupel of foot-high statues made of jade, bronze, silver and gold, a chuckoo-clock from Germany´s BlackForrest and two wonderfully crafted swords, made by spanish or italien (Rhodan had forgotten by whom) swordsmiths during the 16th century.

"Wonderful." stated Palpatine with po
  13. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    I hope Vader kicks his ass.
  14. FTeik Force Ghost

star 5
  15. Barbarossa_Rotbart Jedi Knight

star 1
    Perhaps he thinks that Atlan is arrogant. But I would like to see him as the winner. 10000 years of experience are of much more worth than the force
  16. Tribun Jedi Master

star 3
    What is the best swordmanship compared to a opponent who can see your moves actually before you do them?

Let Vader show the Terrans, what the power of the force is!
  17. Barbarossa_Rotbart Jedi Knight

star 1
    I only say: mental stabilisation!
  18. FTeik Force Ghost

star 5
    First, a warm welcome to Barbarrossa-Rotbart.

May i ask, if you named yourself after the german emperor or the pirates from Tunis?

Considering the mind-stabilisation, if that could have an impact Jedi would be more or less helpless against droids (who don´t think in the classical sense).

However precognition isn´t everything, especially if you want to go into the offense (where you have to be the one who acts, and the other one re-acts) and as a third, precognition is fine, but you still need time to execute the moves with your limbs, what will take time.

However, i´m not going to the PR-faction a favour and show Vader in the coming duel as movie-Vader.

Don´t worry.
  19. Barbarossa_Rotbart Jedi Knight

star 1
    You may. The german emperor was the one. Barbarossa (italian) means Rotbart in german which means red beard in english.

I forgot, how easily a Jedi could destroy a droid.

But if Vader and Atlan fight with normal swords or sabres (no vibroblades and lightsabres), Atlan's experience would give him an edge.
  20. FTeik Force Ghost

star 5
    Updated "The tale of Darth Vader´s Son".
  21. ironduke57 Jedi Padawan

Hi.

Great! Much better then the current Rhodan cycle.

I hope to read more of this story soon.

Regards,
    ironduke57

I hope my english is understandable.
  22. Tribun Jedi Master

star 3
    More, we need more!
  23. Darth_Augor Jedi Knight

Great story! I cant wait to find out more about what happens!
  24. ironduke57 Jedi Padawan

Hello.

Is there any chance that this story will be continued in the nearer future?

Regards,
    ironduke57
  25. FTeik Force Ghost

star 5
    Prepare for an update coming soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.