The Colliding of Empires: A Star Wars / Perry-Rhodan-Crossover AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Feb 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironduke57 Jedi Padawan

Yeehaw!

Regards,
    ironduke57
  2. FTeik Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry to have kept you waiting, but as somebody has said a long time ago: "The holidays are over."

This is the first part of the long awaited duel. In best ROTJ-tradition i mixed it up with a small space-battle.

Hope you enjoy it.

The Colliding of Empires

Banquett-hall inside the ImperialPalace

The preparations for the coming duel were quickly made. Part of those preparations was to mark an area inside the banquett-hall, where the fight would take place as well as the organisation of protective clothing, that would also signal, when one of the opponents had scored a hit. Already here the first difficulties arose.

The protective clothing included trousers, vests, gloves and face-masks of gray-white fabric. When hit with the tip or the blade of the weapon the spot in question would turn red and also emit a beeping sound. The problem was, that Darth Vader had taken of his black cloak to put on the vest, but was unable or unwilling to wear the rest. Atlan had simply shrugged and declared, that in that case he would wear the vest and the gloves, but nothing more, too, what caused Rhodan to throw an only half-played look of desperation towards the ceiling. To ensure equal conditions, Vader took off his black gloves (thus showing his mechanical right hand) and put on the grey-white ones.

Another problem had been to decide how victory was achived. Did hits on legs and arms count, since they impeded the ability to fight or only hits against the rump, where the hit could be clearly recognized and would probabely be lethal in a "real" fight? Darth Vader and Atlan finally agreed, that the first to make five hits would be the victor, with a hit against the vest counting as one point, a hit against a glove as a half one. The only other way to decide the match was to declare defeat by the loser.

After that both of the two opponents moved to their side of the field, where Perry Rhodan was waiting for Atlan and emperor Palpatine was waiting for Darth Vader.

----

Space above the planet Bakura

Pter Thanas cursed silently. His forces were simply to small to be able to protect Bakura. After the destruction of the "Malice" the imperials had hurried to integrate their remaining Carrack-Cruiser and gunships into the defense-net formed by the patrol-craft and TIEs of the local garrison. The entire net covered only one small section of the planet below him, so the enemy could move around them, if he wanted to, but what else could Thanas do? Already the forces available to him were to weak, splitting them up would only worsen the situation. As far as the Commander was able to tell, the only option left to him was to present himself as a bait to the invaders, who certainly weren´t stupid enough to try to land their troops on the planetary surface with his forces still intact and to hope, that he could slow them down long enough for the "Blackhawk" to arrive.

Where in the five circles of the dornean hell was that blasted Stardestroyer anyway?

Thanas gritted his teeth. If the "Blackhawk" didn´t come in time, he and his men would die this way or the other. The almost sudden acceptance of this simple fact caused the Commander to reconsider his options. If survival was no longer an option then Thanas and the people serving under him would have totally different possibilities open to them.

"Oh yes." the Imperial Commander thought, while looking at the invading ships of the Ssi-Ruu. "I´m not finished with you."

----

Banquett-hall inside the ImperialPalace

Perry Rhodan couldn´t hide the look of concern on his face.

"Once again Atlan, this is madness. Just say so and i´ll stop this."

"To late, my friend." answered Atlan with a small smile. "If i back out now, we would lose face." The smile turned into a grin. "Sometimes you just have to take a risk." The ten-thousand year old arkonid was truly looking forward to this.

"Even the best can fall to an accident." Rhodan hesitated for a moment, knowing very well, that what he was going to ask from his friend would open the door for exactely that.
  3. Tribun Jedi Master

star 3
    Do us all a favor and let Vader show this arrogant guy that there is no monpoly on swordfighting.
  4. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Agreed. Let Vader show him who is the real master.

And I can't wait for the Ssi-Ruuk-Star Destroyer battle.
  5. FTeik Force Ghost

star 4
    Naw, that is not nice of you. Of course we all like Vader as this invincible engine of doom, but is this really the case?

I wish i had Bob Brown's comments on Vader's performance in the movies available. He is not as good, as we think him to be. However, to save the honor of SW i put some constraining factors into this duel, that have nothing to do with his real abilities.

But since we are at it, may i ask, what you think of Vader as a character? Is he a power-hungry being, confidant to replace Palpatine one day or a defeated person, who made on bad decision to much?
  6. Omar_Hawk Jedi Padawan

Hey,
    hurry up, I'm waiting for more!
    BTW Isn't Michael Rhodan missed for nearly 1000 years after the battle against the Uleb in the central system of the Uleb.
    Great Story so far.
  7. FTeik Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome, Omar_Hawk.

May i ask about the whereabouts of Sherlock? :)

I should have the next part ready on Sunday (but don't rely on it).

Mike Rhodan was "lost" for 1,000 years after the final battle against the Uleb, but for THIS story he survived and was't left back (i already explained this at the beginning). This story also "differs" from the official PR-timeline in the regard, that the SI stayed united.
  8. Omar_Hawk Jedi Padawan

Hi Fteik,
    sherlock is fine. He's got 2 robots for breakfeast. Now I go "gassi" with him.

But your story is great, so it doesn't matter that you are some kind of creative with some detail about the history of the perryverse.

By the way, I allowed myself to post a link to your story in the official perry-rhodan-forum.

per aspera ad astra

Omar Hawk
  9. FTeik Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you, Omar, good propaganda is always appreciated.

Now i hope, i won't get into trouble with PabelMoewig for using their characters. :)

Edit: Hab grad im PR-Forum nachgesehn, dummerweise nehmen die dort zur Zeit keine Registrierungen an. Könntest du bitte "Ahnungslos" ein paar S-Zentranten oder die Endlose Armada unter die Nase reiben. Danke. :)
  10. Omar_Hawk Jedi Padawan

I don't think that you get trouble.
    There are a lot of PR-FanFics out there and you have inidcated clearly who owns the right of the characters of PR.

Oh, I don't want to discuss with those guardians of purity. I think you have those guys everywhere in PR, in SW, in Star Dreck and so on.
    I think shattner once said a true statement to those guys: "Get a real life!".
    In the end it's all about fun. And your story is fun.
    So at least me have no problem when you are some kind of creative with the "facts".
    But now i don't want to keep you from finishing the update for sunday. ;-)

Per aspera ad astra

Omar Hawk
  11. Omar_Hawk Jedi Padawan

Oh, I forgot to ask which sunday you will update ;-)
  12. FTeik Force Ghost

star 4
    Just wanted to tell you, that i've updated a new chapter to "The tale of Darth Vader's Son".

I wanted to post an update to this story already last sunday and the sword-fighting-scenes were done then, but the scenes of the spacebattle showed to be more difficult to write, than expected.

So please have some patience with me. :(
  13. Barbarossa_Rotbart Jedi Knight

star 1
    Please continue to write. I am dying to read the next part.
  14. Omar_Hawk Jedi Padawan

No problem. I will wait. BTW your story about Darth Vaders Son is also great.

Another question. Do the PR-Ships your described have SERT-Control? I think in that time it was already a common technology in the Perryverse.
  15. FTeik Force Ghost

star 4
    Finally.

Update-time. Almost twenty pages of text. I hope you enjoy it.

@OmarHawk: No, at this point of time the only thing SERT-controlled is the Paladin. For this story and, IIRC, in the official PR-Universe, too.

The Colliding of Empires

Banquett-hall inside the Imperial Palace

BEEEP,BEEEP!!!

The annoying sound, that marked TWO hits by Atlan cut like a knife into Darth Vader's ears.

Once again his opponent had managed to deceive him. The arkonid had lead the duel with two and a half point when Vader had scored his first hit. After that he had forced the white-haired man with the golden-red eyes into a defensive stance and pushed his advantage. Anybody less experienced than Vader wouldn't have noticed that Atlan was exhausted, but the signs had been there. The arkonid had spent his fuel and was trying to hide it. Now confidant, that he would win their duel Darth Vader had increased the pressure, had forced Atlan back again and again. Almost casually Vader had scored his second point and the best thing had been, that Atlan had stopped mocking him.

And now that.

Careless after the long time he had been able to dominate their duel and after his last success, a small opening had appeared in Vader's defense. It had been there for only a brief moment, but it had been enough for Atlan, who suddenly came back to life. A twist to the side, a quick strike with his sword to the right and Vader had been wide open to attack. One hit against the broad chest - beep - and with the swing back another hit against the glove - beep - and Atlan was leading their competition with four to two.

"Ooops." said the arkonid. "Seems i fell asleep for the last ten minutes." Making two steps backwards he made a polite bow to Darth Vader. "My apologies, Lord Vader. It won't happen again."

Under his mask the man, who had once been Anakin Skywalker gritted his teeth. He was to angry to curse. Who was this man, that he dared to mock him this way? And how had he been able to fool him? That the arkonid had lured him into a false sense of safety was now obvious.

Over the years Darth Vader had been fighting a lot of people, but the majority of those clashes had been of a different nature, prolonged dejarik-matches of politics or military matters, rarely an open fight with the lightsaber. Of course there had been the occasional Jedi-Knight, who had survived the initial purge, but the majority of beings Darth Vader had fought had been training-droids. Droids much stronger and faster, than the ordinary human. Droids programmed with hundreds of armed and unarmed combat-styles. But despite their advantages droids were lacking. They went straight for the kill, didn't came up with complex strategies, their planning was limited to one minute into the future, as were the feints and ruses they performed and they certainly didn't offer their opponents opportunities to make a hit.

The arkonid however, had taken his time, changed his initial strategy and lured Darth Vader into a false sense of security. And the Dark Lord had fallen for it, because he had expected nothing else.

Darth Vader had to admit, that Atlan had performed a great act by appearing to cover his exhaustion - an exhaustion, that itself had been faked. The arkonid had even gone so far as to allow the Sithlord to dominate their duel for almost a quater of an hour. He had also willingly accepted to get hit, just to make Vader feel secure. The Dark Lord would have been impressed, even happy for discovering a worthy opponent after such a long time. Luke Skywalker didn't count, the boy had shown a lot of potential, but defeating him had been easy.

Not so this extra-galactic visitor.

And this extra-galactic origin, Vader realized, was one of the reasons Atlan put up such a good fight. He didn't know all the horror-stories about Vader circulating around, no matter if those stories were true or not, they were part of his reputation. And they had their effect on his opponents, if they were aware of them or not. Abandon all hope, if you're fighting Vader
  16. Paladin3030 Jedi Padawan

Great work I wonder what Perry is going to do when they read the report on Wedges interogation?
  17. Tribun Jedi Master

star 3
    I hope Perry will tell Vader that he actually had made the best fight against this dude for a VERY long time, and that his swordmanship is frightenly good.

Couldn't wait also for his face when Vader tells him that he still had held back.... :D (Just a note from myself: If this would have been a real fight, Vader wouldn't have bothered with a sword and simply choked him to death... ;) )
  18. Overchecker Jedi Padawan

hey FTeik thats an awesome story you have there, just found it yesterday couldn´t stop to read.
    The result I was very sleepy today at work :) , the realy impressing thing about yor story is the characterisation, at least on the Perry Rhodan side.
    I don´t realy now how well the characterisation in the Star Wars side is, because i only know the movies and not the novels, but i realy like what i´v read till now.
    I hope you will finish this really prommising story.

Sorry for my gramma, English is not my native language.

cya Overchecker
  19. Barbarossa_Rotbart Jedi Knight

star 1
    Interessting end of the duel. Somehow it reminds me of the one in the beginning of Dune.

I hope that the next update will need much less time than the last one.
  20. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    An excellent chapter FTeik. :)

The duel between Vader and Atlan was great, and was starting to get rather vicious. Good that it ended in a draw.

And also, a Hwi'Sa-class Battleship? Is that an original design or a canon one? Doesn't sound familiar to me.
  21. FTeik Force Ghost

star 4
    The "Hwi'Sa" is a design of my own. When i decided to use the Ssi-Ruu in this story (and wrote the first chapters) i hadn't touched "Truce at Bakura" for a long time.

The problem is, the official Ssi-Ruu suck. Because of technology, (total) numbers and their mentality they are lousy fighters. A single ISD would crush their fleets. The only things in their favour are their fighter-droids and the entechment-technology. So to make it a little bit interesting i had to power them up.

I also didn't wanted to create a new species, because this story is already complicated enough. Other possible invaders from the UR are the Nagai or the Toffs, but about those i know even less.

About the Vader-Atlan-duel: Vader wasn't holding back at the end. I already said, that i tried to find a balance between EU-Vader and the one we see in the movies. If it had been Movie-Vader alone Atlan would have defeated him.

So for the moment we have seen the best Vader has to offer.

For the moment. For those, who know the PR-verse a little better i only say M87.
  22. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    The problem is, the official Ssi-Ruu suck. Because of technology, (total) numbers and their mentality they are lousy fighters. A single ISD would crush their fleets.

You're 100% correct there. Even if they'd managed to entech Bakura, the Empire would've been able to have annihilated their entire battle fleet with the fleet that was at Endor. The Ssi-Ruuk never seemed much of a threat at all.
  23. FTeik Force Ghost

star 4
    Less. Their invasion force in TaB had already problems with 2 Carracks and six gunships (i took the defenses of Bakura from the TaB-Sourcebook). And when the RA sent ships to deal with them the largest was a number of Nebulon-B-frigates.

Already because of this TaB is a bad book. This "great" threat can't even deal with the defenses of a small colony. It becomes worse, if you consider, that the Ssi-Ruu would have only become more or really dangerous by enteching Luke Skywalker, but what happens? The spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi sents him to Bakura. (rollseyes)
  24. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    As I read the fleet sent to Bakura was but an advance fleet. Still, the fleet at Endor would obviously have defeated that, and whatever thousands of ships still in reserve.

And yes, that was a very silly plot point. Why not just let the Empire deal with the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium later on and take losses there. Certainly woulda helped the Rebels not take so many losses, although it may have united the Empire, which woulda been bad for the Rebels.
  25. Barbarossa_Rotbart Jedi Knight

star 1
    *waiting for update*
    Hey, I've got an idea: a PR/NJO crossover.
    *still waiting for an update*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.