main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Colliding of Empires: A Star Wars / Perry-Rhodan-Crossover AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Feb 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironduke57

ironduke57 Jedi Master

Aug 28, 2004
    Anything new here? IMHO you and we need an ZA to see the end of this story. :p

Regards,
    ironduke57 [face_peace]

2. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    I'm already working on the next part, but I was sick for a week and also have a lot of catching up to do on the job because of it. Sorry, but real life comes first.

And yes, it looks like we need a ZA to see the end of this story. :)

3. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Well, get out of your stasis-boxes, because here is the next part.

The Colliding of Empires

Silence filled the room with everybody waiting for their emperor to explain his newest sheme. It was a competition between those high and mighty of the GalacticEmpire, where the one asking for details first had lost. Not that most of them were aware of it on a conscious level. It was one of the many power-games, which were played constantly at the Imperial Court.

Finally Ishin-Ill Raz couldn't stand the tense silence any longer.

"And what, Your Majesty, is your new design for the rebels?"

"A multi-layered attack on their bases, major shipyard, their leadership and of course their morale. We might not get the bulk of their military forces, but if this plan succeeds the Rebel-Alliance will break apart without a chance at recovery for years." Palpatine explained with a calm voice, forming a strong contrast against the bombastic and pompous kind of Il-Raz.

"And once they recover - if they ever do - we'll have enough forces in every region of the galaxy, not to mention a fully operational DeathStar." Darth Vader thought. "If this plan succeeds." Aloud he said. "Forgive me, my Master, but one of the major problems we have in our fight against the rebels is, that we don't know where most of their bases are. The majority of them isn't larger than a few rooms and even if we find one we can't be sure, if it is even crewed and the largers ones are more or less constantly on the move."

A predatory smile appeared on Palpatine's lips, but it didn't reach the eyes.

"Forgive me, my friend, but it seems I wasn't very clear when I said "bases". I was not talking about the sector-commands, starfighter- or supply and manufacturing bases of the Rebellion. I'm talking about their safe worlds."

Safe worlds were the colonies of the Rebel-Alliance. Established deep in the galactic fringe, undiscovered by the Imperial Survey Corps and far away from all hyperspace lanes they housed the families of active rebels, sheltered injured and veteran soldiers too old to continue fighting and other opponents and dissidents of the Empire. Because of their - by comparison - recent set-up most of them were very primitive and the rebels kept it that way to avoid discovery by the Empire. In that regard safe worlds belonged to the countless uncharted settlements spread over the galaxy, that were of little interest to the Empire. Ships of the Imperial Survey Corps were able to detect signs of high-tech from outside a planetary system and systems with such technology were usually worth taxing. What meant, that sooner or later a planetary garrison would be stationed there. Considering this the safe worlds would have been of no interest to the Empire, if they didn't belong to the Rebellion and supported this movement of dissidents with what little they had.

"We also don't know, where their safe worlds are located." Vader rumbled. "We discovered a handful of them, but those were lucky circumstances."

"Or the good work of ImperialIntelligence." Palpatine said with a friendly bow to Ysanne Isard. "Mdm. Director, if you'd be so kind."

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Raising from her chair Ysanne Isard turned to face the other occupants of the room. "Gentlemen, as you all know it has been standard Imperial policy for a couple of years by now, that the local authorities are directly responsible for their territories and for dealing with sources of unrest and possible rebellion within their systems. We were forced to learn, that this isn't always the best way to solve problems. Despite our best efforts many of our Moffs lack the forces necessary to control their territories to a satisfying degree. Space is simply too vast for such a control. Consequently they concentrate on patrolling the important hyperlanes and guarding the major planets of their sectors. We tried to counter this problem with the creation of oversectors and while this step has allowed us to deal more effectively with local rebellions and planetary uprisings, it hasn't helped us i

4. ironduke57

ironduke57 Jedi Master

Aug 28, 2004
    =D= =P~ [face_dancing]

Regards,
    ironduke57

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Excellent update. About time Piett got a true recognition of his skills and was promoted to Grand Admiral.

6. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Just to inform you all: This story is NOT abandoned. Real life just doesn't leave me with any time at all. At the job we're doing the halfyear balance, ten of my relatives celebrate their birthdays during June/July and my sister is getting married.

Expect an update as soon as I have the time again.

7. Smurftra

Smurftra Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2007
    Just to let you know, me and my bro are big perry rhodan fans (and star wars) and we just love this story. The characters are accurate and spot on. I'd say we need a little more Tolot action, you know, like against 1000 stormtroopers :p

Seriously tho, i registered on the forum just to say this: keep up the great work, and even if i wished you would update it everyday, waiting just makes it even better :)

Smurftra and his bro Saar Lun (To bad Saar Lun didnt become a regular character)

8. ironduke57

ironduke57 Jedi Master

Aug 28, 2004
    How is it going?[face_whistling]

Regards,
    ironduke57

9. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Currently working on the next update of the ToDV-story, but it crawls slower than a glacier.

10. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Barbarossa_Rotbart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2004
    And will you continue this story?

11. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    See three or four posts above.

12. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Jun 3, 2004
    I'm waiting...

13. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Jun 3, 2004
  14. Smurftra

Smurftra Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2007
    Hello.

I too have been checking this board almost everyday for the past months. Can't wait for an update.

15. ironduke57

ironduke57 Jedi Master

Aug 28, 2004
    Any chance for an update till the end of the year?[face_whistling]

Regards,
    ironduke57[face_praying]

16. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Jun 3, 2004
    Suddenly a Jawa appears next to FTeik threatening him with a very big gun and saying something we all cannot understand. But it is quite obvious what he wants: The next chapter of this great saga!

17. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    And he will get it for Christmas or I donate my presents to some charity. ;)

18. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Jun 3, 2004
    I hope that this is a promise!

19. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Jun 3, 2004
    Christmas has come and gone and no new chapter...
    Have you donated your presents tp charity? ;)

20. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Believe me or not, but I had this finished at Christmas. I just forgot to post this and then I had to take a forced vacation from the board for the last two days.

So here it is:

The Colliding of Empires

Entering the large chamber, where their first meeting with Durga Besadii Tai was going to take place Princess Leia and her companions were pleasantly surprised. Contrary to the dimmed lights and dark corners of Jabba's throne-room, this hall was brightly lit. The tall pillars carrying the ceiling were crowned with lamps that emitted a harsh, white light. Reflected by the marble of floor and walls the effect was almost blinding to the humans.

Leia's thorough education as a diplomat on Alderaan had included lessons about the characteristics of a number of the most important non-human species and for some reasons one of them had dealt with the large gastropods from Varl - much to the horror of Leia's aunts, who couldn't imagine the idea of a noble woman of status and virtue having to negotiate with a member of the Hutt-species. The young princess herself had enjoyed those lessons, of particular interest to her had been the fact, that Hutts were able to see in different parts of the spectrum. By keeping their rooms darkened they created a false sense of stealth and security to those of their underlings and guests, who weren't able to see in the same range.

"Nice." Han commented in a low voice. "Either Durga really wants to impress us or he just wants his underlings to behave."

"A pity it doesn't work on you." Leia hissed. "Now lets great our host."

His face sour Han followed Leia on her right side and took a closer look at their surroundings. Durga's hall was a large ellipsoid with their entrance on the lower left side and another entrance to their right. This was mirrored on the other end, where the floor ascended into a raised platform, that ended in an wide alcove. Here the marble-walls were covered by expansive looking tapestries and the spaces between the single pillars were covered by curtains of purple color. The arrangement of tables and banks in the lower half of the hall followed the circle provided by the pillars, leaving a large expanse at the centre. Dozens of Twi'leks, Nicktos, Baradas, Weequais, Gamorreans, as well as members of less prominent client-races of the Hutts were assembled with the occasional human or near-human and a small number of Huttlings - easy to recognize by their size and slender bodies - mixed into the crowd.

And enthroned above all of that on a richly ornamented repulsor-dai made by Sorosuub rested Durga Besadii Tai.

He looked almost exactly as Han remembered him. A little bit larger, a little bit more obese - what caused the distinctive birthmark above his right eye to appear smaller - but still a youthful Hutt in his early second century. The small, powerful moves of Durga's muscular tail reminded Han of the stories about the demise of Jabba's uncle Jiliac and more than the cold, calculating gaze from the orange eyes of Durga they were a warning to not underestimate their host.

Oh yes, Han had a very bad feeling about this.

If the sight of Durga gave Han a bad feeling, the appearance of the second Hutt was even more unnerving. This being was clearly an older member of its species, perhaps the oldest Hutt Han had ever seen. As massive and bloated this particular gastropod was, he still looked haggard. All color seemed to have faded from the leprous skin so dry, that it looked as if its owner had been dissicated for weeks under the twin suns of Tattooine. And yet there was life within the mummified corpse, evidenced by the slow-moving, deep-green eyes and the contended chuffing on a hooka-pipe. His presence radiated so much menace and malice, that the emissaries of the Alliance at first overlooked the two slave-girls chained to his repulsor-sled.

Which was quite an accomplishment, because not only were the two females stunningly beautiful, but aside from a swathe of crimson color covering their eyes, their slave-collars, a few pieces of jewelery

21. ironduke57

ironduke57 Jedi Master

Aug 28, 2004
    =D=

And I hope that you have the intention for the next year to write/post more part´s of this story.[face_praying] [face_whistling]

Regards,
    ironduke57

22. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Jun 3, 2004
    Interesting new chapter.
    Let's hope that the next one will come soon, and I hope that Roi Danton will meet the rebels then.

23. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Whoa. That's quite a development there. Leia back as a Hutt slave. I like the idea [face_mischief]

24. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Jun 3, 2004
    Hello!
    When will we see the next chapter?

25. Barbarossa_Rotbart

Jun 3, 2004
    Half a year has passed...
    and still no new chapter!
    I fear, I really fear, that this story is...
    DEAD!

(Please prove me wrong and post a new chapter.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.