The Colts thread: Here we learn to love the defense

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by NYCitygurl, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jainasolo101 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    ^^^I know. But they are going to expand the center so, they have to bring it down. It's in ten min. So sad.:_|

edit: I lied. We have at least 5 to 10 min till the count down. They call it Dust to Dust.
  2. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    hopefully there won't be any ashes, to ashes...

:snoopy
  3. Jainasolo101 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I ment Dome to Dust. They were playing Dust to Dust at the church next to it. I cried. I love that dom. If you want to see it, go to www.wthr.com. It might be on there.
  4. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    *nods* i might. i'm not that fond of watching things like that be destroyed.

5. Jainasolo101 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  6. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    that was a fast 95 yards for peyton.

7. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i will be a good sportsman and take out my post...though i am a girl...not a man. ;)
  8. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    only one comment to that really... you have any clue how many times the titans pulled the same stunt on the colts? one game they did it three times in a row.

on another note, congrats to marvin harrison. wonder if this'll be his last season witht eh colts or not?

9. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    nnaydolem, keep that out of the Colts thread. The general NFL thread or the Titans thread is okay for that, but not the dedicated Colts thread.
  10. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    I'm really glad for Marvin Harrison. He's been amazing for the Colts and I hope he stays, but he has had a long, good run.
  11. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    yea, he has. i'm pretty sure that someother team would pick him up for at least a season. although it wouldn't surprise me if they keep him, if harrison'll restructure his contract. i think he knows he's not worth 9 mil anymore.

12. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Marvin may very well be done in Indy.

Peter King even wrote recently that the Colts should replace him with T.J. Housemanrgairgvklfvbhvyqe;k;uvzada from Cincy.
  13. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Great finish to the regular season for Peyton Manning and the INDIANAPOLIS COLTS, especially with they way this season started out for Peyton and the COLTS.

It's time for the playoffs!

GO PEYTON MANNING! :cool:

GO INDIANAPOLIS COLTS!
    :cool:
  14. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    No, if Harrison is done in Indy, he's probably done. He's already got second place in receiving in the NFL, he's got the ring, there's no way he's going to catch Rice, so he's probably done, unless he re-signs with Indy. I think he's still a good player, but he's definitely lost something after the injuries, he's also really small, and lately has been more and more prone to them. At least that's the way it seems. One of the best careers in NFL history already, and I'm really happy I got to see almost all of it. And what a class act. You just don't see that in an NFL WR...like, ever.
  15. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    And what a class act. You just don't see that in an NFL WR...like, ever.

Seriously. Normally you see T.O. or Randy Moss or Chad Johnson/whatever-his-name-is or another of those hogging the news.
  16. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i just look at isaac bruce and how he should have been done after the rams, yet the 9ers picked him up. i figure harrison will get at least a year somewhere else, but they will likely be sub-par.

rice wasn't much of a diva unless i'm misremembering. just a hard worker, who played the game.

17. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    That was because of Martz, and Bruce still had a few things to do, like that 100th TD. I mean, I guess if he really still wants to play he'll find somewhere else, but he doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. Of course I don't know the man so I could be way off with that. It just seems wrong to think of him as anything but a Colt.
  18. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    now THAT'S very true... but then the same thing could be said of jerry rice, and look what happened with him? about the only recievers in recent years to finish out their career with one team has been tim brown (should definitely make the hall of fame in my opinion) and jimmy smith. don't think i need to say who they played for...

19. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Or Franco Harris as anything but a Steeler. Or Joe Montana as anything but a 49er. Etc, etc, etc.

The NFL is full of players who we think of as wearing one jersey, but in reality they ended their career in another. Does nothing, IMO, most of the time to taint their legacy.

If I were a Colts fan, and Harrison played elsewhere next year, I'd salute his time in Indy, and wait until he went to Canton ... as a Colt.
  20. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I'm the same way about Eddie George. He was always a Titan to me and is remembered mostly as a Titan (and Buckeye), even though he finished as a Cowboy.

I think it'll be the same for Marvin.

Edit: I even had to go look up to make sure I was correct on Eddie playing for the Cowboys. :p
  21. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    All I am saying is he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would even want to keep playing, especially considering he's already done what he's going to do(unless he really wants to catch Rice, which is pretty much impossible anyway, as he's already showing signs of wear).
  22. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    He did seem kind of tired sometimes this season. Not that he didn't give it his all, just worn out sometimes.
  23. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    yea, he reminds me of rices last two seasons. spots of brilliance, showing what used to be there... and the rest rather mediocre. i wouldn't be surprised for him to take a pay cut and go another season or two with peyton. might depend on if dungy sticks around or not. also wouldn't mind seeing them pick up TJ houshmanzadeh though. him, wayne and gonzalez would be amazing.

i still can't forget that last game he played with seattle, 7 catches for over a hundred yards and a TD (not 100% on the TD). can't believe the other team dissed him by not really covering him. they got BURNED for it.

24. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    I have never been more amazed by a player than Marvin Harrison. He has some of the most insane catches I have ever seen.

and I wouldn't expect the Colts' front office to dip into FA for a WR. Polian doesn't seem to like bringing in Free Agents at all, never mind a WR. T.J. is an option, but I'd think he's looking in the draft for someone(I sure hope not, because we need the draft for defense).
  25. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    yea, i agree with you there. that's why i think bringing in TJ actually makes the most sense. it's the sort of situation Housh wanted to develop in cincy, and it just didn't happen due to ocho cinco johnsone person. (typo is on purpose). like peter king said, if he were TJ he'd WALK to indy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.